EQ 2 wont confirm email address, unable to play or contact customer service

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Geroblue, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

Thing is, this isn't actually a fix it's just a workaround. Given the number of people reporting this problem lately there's obviously something hincky with the system that needs looking into and fixing.

Setting it to a new email address is all very well for people that use more than one, but not everybody does. And while you could create a throwaway freebie to get around the initial problem what's going to happen when the DPG system tries to use it, eg for a password reset, and the mail goes down a black hole because you can't remember the details of the account you set up and have never used since?
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

I have a Word .doc with all my logins and passwords on it. You may want to try that. Unless someone breaks into my home and physically steals my actual laptop, I think my EQ2 account is safe. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. There appears to be a problem here that needs looking into and fixing at the source, and that fix should NOT require players to re-organise their lives to achieve it.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Uhm, the first time I tried a second email, it didn't work. And there are several free email hosts out there.

At my last job before retirement, I had around 30 accounts for different purposes, and around 4 or 6 email accounts. I now only have 3 email accounts, and around 20 logins in various places. Or is that 40 or so ? Not sure.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I put all my login's, p/w, answers to questions I may need later to verify I am who I say I am in an old fashioned address book. If my computer crashes or my HD decides to mess up OR I get a new computer, I don't have to worry about loosing my info.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.