How to increase Necro DPS?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Nektar, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Nektar New Member

I have a fairly decently equipped 120 necro that I raid with...currently progressing thru Vex Thal. I find that no matter what I try, I am constantly parsing lower than the other 2 or 3 necros that we sometimes raid with. And I don't mean just a little, but I mean like a LOT... I'm at least half lower than the next one above me... doing around 30bil per fight, instead of the 60+ one does and the MASSIVELY greater amount one other one does. I have gone over with them some things, and before re-forging took a turn I was understanding and getting better, but now I just don't know what else to check.

Maybe a list of recommended AA's (or someone I can snag their AA set to try), and casting order suggestions. Plus anything else that can help me increase my DPS. If you would like to look my necro up to see what he has equipped or for stats, his name is Nektarz on the Skyfire server.

And maybe, does anyone completely understand the math that goes into calculating damage for spell casts? Like, which number it starts with and then which multiplications are applied in which order to determine damage maybe? I think that could be helpful as well. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

i know phoge is a great necro on skyfire, why dont you look at his stats and setup
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what is this a math club , or a game that's supposed to be fun ?

Look up the set up like Bludd said , or maybe one of those awesome necros you raid with will share theirs .

Yes the sequence you cast spells is important .
    check your adorns , maybe some signets would help .
    Get a deity pet if you don't have one and a good mount , good raid food is also helpful , so are potions and totems
    you can use .
    Every little bit helps .
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

also mount, merc buff and familiar buff makes a huge difference
    from a casual glance at nektarz in eq2u i see you are below 400 in fervor, you would ideally be closer to 500 or above so that is adorns and mount and mount gear and merc buff

same with potency and cb, you need to get up there too

wrt your spells you are mainly expert which will hurt a t1 dps so you need to get your big hitters up
    stuff like boil blood, soulburn, blighted horde

also get the void etched destruction set for the good dmg proc upgrade
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

To increase DPS as necromancer upgrade Boil Blood to ancient and hope the fix to blighted horde and awaken grave on test isnt too hard on you.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

300k pot x 350 Fervor x 11,5k CB x 91 ABDC
    compared with
    340k pot x 540 Fervor x 16k CB x 200 ABDC
    is an damage output difference of more than 400% .. not included any procs for ABDC and reuse/castspeed < 100 or differences from expert to celestial spells ;)

So you see it's a huge difference in output from better stats.

Don't care too much what others do, make your best and enjoy the game :)
  7. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

This. Its actually a difference of 488%, because of mob mitigation (assuming t4 named). As long as you are prioritizing blighted horde, boil blood, you're going to do ok. Focus on getting stats over min-maxing your rotation.
    Beee likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Your in a good guild , they don't seam to care to much how good your dps is , trying to get better is always a good thing , it helps everybody in the guild , but if your a nice guy and people like to be around you , they will most likely tolerate you not being as strong .
    Doobius270 and Breanna like this.
  9. Nektar New Member

Oh they do, and they are great... its just that no matter what I try to do I just seem so much lower. I just want to get better for myself mainly, which of course would help the cause. :) I will look at trying to upgrade any spells I can. My spell rotation I will double check too and let you know if I make any major breakthroughs.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

No idea if you allready have lv20 mount with 11x 1923,7 potency bardings.. this is an easy way to get a lot of potency just by using refined materials.

1300 CB and 80 Fervor comes from Koffi Zawadi mercenary

Sanguine Embrace should be Celestial for 10,3 ABDC and 11,2 Fervor
  11. Nektar New Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I have made slight changes to my casting order. It seems my biggest things next will be to up all the spells to Celestial, and then my mount I just recently got the raid mount and have been training him, he's not activated all the slots yet so there's a few more POT there that will help a ton. I do not currently have access to that Merc but I should be upgrading my stuff this weekend so I will have that one to help. Currently I am using the dark elf necro Captain something or another, which I thought was also around 80 or so fervor at highest lvl?

My limit in-game right now seems to be fervor overcap. I am at the cap, and no matter how much extra fervor stuff I put on it doesn't even increase my number...I thought it would show the number still going up, but show what its capped at, but it stopped showing fervor increases after I hit the cap (around 362 I think)... so I need to find the best or easiest way to get some fervor overcap items... I need new green adorns for sure which may help some...
  12. Twisty Well-Known Member

you should stop upgrading at Ancient. money spent on Celestial from Ancient aren't worth, it's only 2% difference between those
  13. Carthington Member

Do the Celestial Doctorine every month in Myrist Library... only get Ascension Celestials
    Also, look at your parse and focus on the largest hitters. You can cut a lot of bs spells out of the way. The big thing is you should never have any downtime in your rotation.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

by all means get ascensions to celestial if you have nothing else to do
    but ehhhh
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

make macros to maximize the speed your spells go of , and don't forget good food reuse and casting speed and spell casting speed should be at max . get resolve and ability mode , everything helps .
    Muesame ernaert sich dass Eichoernchen .
    That means the squirrel has a hard time to be well fed .
    Arielle Nightshade and Breanna like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you calculate out spell efficiency, Ascensions are slowly losing place to newer spells at similar quality levels. We're getting essentially 10 new levels of spells in VoV (crammed into 5 levels, since we're only going to 125), and I expect that these will make ascensions even less relevant.

Thus far in Beta, we've seen no evidence of Ascensions being boosted or upgraded. If they are upgraded, your old Celestials won't help you. If they're not upgraded, you will need them less and less as time goes by.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

In all sincerity it is pretty sad to read a thread like this coming back to the game and seeing that 99% of the advice is based on gear and other passive effects. Basically don't be a total fool with casting order, but just grind to get better spells/gear that do the work for you.

Obviously people are being helpful here and that is appreciated, but wow, totally normalized that this is just how the game is. I recall a time when legendary gear vs best in slot gear was the difference of a few percent increase in dps, skill was the biggest factor. Oh well. Nostalgia.
    Schmetterling and Doobius270 like this.