Why is the Server Always crashing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Griffith, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Griffith New Member

Why is it that I cant play without the server being taken down... I miss SOE so much.
    AOE1 and Soara2 like this.
  2. Erroneous New Member

This is sooooo toxic. I guess i have to go back to Ultima Online.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Griffith New Member

Amen! Even Runescape maybe better then sitting around here waiting for something to get "fixed".

We all know after they "Fix" this they gotta "Fix the Fix"
  4. Ailbe New Member

Does anyone know why the servers are down again? :(
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The latest in gating mechanisms. If it ain't up, no one can do anything.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Griffith New Member

Its Friday and we likely wont be able to play much again either. The last time they had an issue the server was down for 7hours :(
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Ransomware New Member

Well 6. But it's still kinda sad.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not sure if DBG is even aware of it. This is usually the case when they go down before the office is officially "open." And if Dreamweaver is out, good luck seeing any notification until he gets in.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  9. Trilly Active Member

Shows AB down totally. I know I didnt see a notice of them working on it like someone mentions. This is getting way, way frustrating!
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Grandavi Active Member

"Emergency Maintenance"
    I imagine it has something to do with Bristlebane day...
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Trilly Active Member

OK. now a post! all worlds down and they working on it...geez! sure wish they had someone who "oversees" all this on another shift, other than Pacific daylight shift and can call in help and fix THEN.
    Soara2 and Stykk like this.
  12. Karioki Active Member

This is out of hand. I returned to EQ2 about 6 weeks before the release of Sentinel's Fate on Kaladim. It feels like we are down 2-3 times EVERY WEEK!!!!!!! I have played this game for a log time and never seen anything like this.
    Siren, AOE1 and Soara2 like this.
  13. Ransomware New Member

I know right? One would think that for a +- 20 years old game they would figure out how to make the servers more stable
  14. Avanga New Member

O Oh someone forgot to feed the gerbils.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Griffith New Member

I feel you're pain! I only had a few hours to game before getting wife agro and now that's come and gone.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Griffith New Member

What did they call the last one ? "Smoke testing"?
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The game or the wife aggro?
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

the servers crashed
    when they talked about smoke testing, it was because zones were unstable after a patch and the smoke testing revealed that
  19. Sedient Active Member

They caught a failure in the update during smoke testing.. this is different.. this is like someone tripped on the power cord.

Probably something general infrastructure related. I don't know how they distribute their infrastructure but it seems like Thurgadin needed some downtime, and then.. everything crashed. /shrug
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Just a little before 11PM pacific, things went terribly wrong. Suddenly many players "lost" their accounts. EQ2 no longer recognized the accounts, just like what happened a while back. Happened to at least a couple of mine this time again. It's kind of scary when the game/database no longer knows about your account. And no matter what you do, including changing passwords, you cannot log in to the site or game. You pray when things get fixed, you won't have lost things...