Producer's Letter: Spring 2021 Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Marae Well-Known Member

Xzoomer: Amen to that! I love crafting. I have a character in every crafting profession, and two in some of them, and it has been sad to see the usefulness of the things I make diminish at the higher levels. My carpenters are still going strong, of course, and the provisioners can still provision, although not yet at top level (until I finish leveling them, my level 120s are making due with level 110 food/drink). But it used to be so satisfying to make my own armor and weapons and have them be not only useful, but with the apprentice-researched recipes, really cool. I miss that, a lot.
    Cassta, Jaden, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  2. Jaxyn Member

Thank you for the update.

Will there be anything for those of us who do NOT raid? And who prefer NOT to have to do Heroics or instances in order to have a chance at a master spell? I love EQ2 and have been playing it since 2004, but I have not liked raids since I did them on EQ classic, whether helping out some folks or trying to get parts for my epic. I'd spend a lot of time and not get ANYTHING since I wasn't a regular raider. I'm not selfish, but those of us who have real lives prefer casual play, not a full time job online.

Please do not think I don't appreciate the work that you and others do for us. I do. But please pass this to the Powers-That-Be, as feedback (and yes, I have). I've paid my subscription for the next year; I would like to have some fun while playing (and not just when having a holiday).

Again, thank you all very much for your hard work; it really is appreciated.
    Cassta, Jaden, SolarFaire and 3 others like this.
  3. Crock Member

I don't think it matters what we'd like or not. We get what we get, that's why there's also no description of the new content at all. 1 solo 1 heroic and 2 raid zones, that's it. Sounds like tiny content, there's been better expacs.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

this is not an expac per se, its a free game update
    Cassta, SolarFaire, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

If you check the Rivendale channel of Discord, Kander said early next year for the merger, and that these type of things have to be scheduled massively in advance.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Ditto Jaxyn.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. joonace New Member

So basically what you are saying is you never got loot because you can't commit to a schedule and you think that everyone who does raid on a regular basis are people with no lives and don't work? If you can't set aside 6 hours a week to raid, yes 6 hours in 7 days, then you're right, not much content for you. Pretty pathetic comment and an obvious attack on anyone that's not you. Most of us work full time jobs, have families/kids and it's not hard to take some time for yourself 1 or 2 nights a week. You sound like a mess and not fun to be around at all.
  8. Sedient Active Member

Not sure you can have what you're looking for. If higher end loot dropped more frequently from solos then other things would occur.

1. Players with lots of time would amass even more loot because they would be able to play more content quicker, rinse, repeat.
    2. There would be less distinction between casual players and more dedicated players. Remember this is a game and different people have different life situations. Some can play games more and want more reward.
    3. If you get more/better loot from solos then raids would have to enhance their loot, then.. you''ll just want a chance at that.

If all you want is a chance at masters, you can research, and/or buy upgrades
  9. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Thank you all , I am very excited! :)
  10. Will Turner New Member

No channel with that name found! ((
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Who wants to tell her?
    Carynn likes this.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

what?
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

That it's not the first time for a TLE to reach DoV.

Fallen Gate did it about 2 years ago.
    Carynn, Smashey and WhysperWynde like this.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

i thought fallen gate wasnt strictly tle since it had bl and channelers?
    maybe the classification progression server can be put on fallen gate
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

16. Bludd Well-Known Member

17. Zenji Well-Known Member

But it's not semantics. Fallen Gate was a TLE server. Not sure how there is any debate in that.

It's not a big issue, however it is discouraging when the Producer of the franchise puts out a letter and the point of discussion about their most populated server is just not true (and easily confirmed). It's even worse because you know that letter was reviewed by others before it was posted and they missed it as well.

It just shows how out of touch the higher ups in DarkPaw are from the TLE server projects.
    Carynn likes this.
  18. EmJay Well-Known Member

lol Free game update??? Don't kid yourself. Nothing is free in this game. We paid for this when we bought the RoS expac. Overseers should have been in at launch of the expac. The actual expac at release had less heroics and less event heroics, less raid mobs than BoL. I consider this GU the content that should have been in at launch of RoS which was unfinished. And that's including the class balancing, especially the ranger's, which was specifically said to be in at launch.
    There are still things not mentioned. How about the upgrade to the tinkered void etched coatings, injectors and insight temp adorns? How about the recipes for the upgraded force, pain and powerlinks? I'm sure there are more I just can't think of right now not having my coffee yet.
    Each expac is launched with less and less content. And because of that many people just don't log in except to raid because there just isn't anything FUN to do and I'm included in that bunch now. And I will state that the more I stay away from the game, the harder it becomes to log in at all.
    Smashey likes this.
  19. Ichoris Well-Known Member

For sure each expac has launched with less content. They have also reused more and more zones and old assets. The dungeons are also mostly just the overland zones with new monsters and bosses. Overseers seem to be the new content.

For the GU they are not free. I always thought our monthly sub price takes care of the upkeep and then also a few GUs a year. I agree they never really finished class balance. I'm not sure how you can launch a PvP server until all the classes are balanced against each other and final.

It seems class balance should be done first. Then start on doing the PvP server stuff. They can't generate a good amount of content on the normal servers. I don't see how they will also do a PvP server. Guess we will see.
  20. AOE1 Well-Known Member

No, that is not what that player is saying but I understand how you would take it that way having spent years raiding 7 nights a week in EQ and for the first 4-5 years 3 nights a week in EQ2. We just would like an opportunity to be able to upgrade a little bit for the hours AND money we do put in. For some of us we took a different path as we were tired of raiding and now there is no way we can even catch up a little bit. Raiders will always have the upper hand at receiving the upper level gear.

Or that is how I take his post.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.