EQ2 sunset?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Euredia, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Euredia Member

So maybe it is my perspective but I have a sinking feeling that EQ2 is either being sun setted or DayBreak has laid off alot of people. First, there has been serious AD server issues for over a week with zero explanation or discussion from DayBreak, second, many of the zones are having serious lag issues with zoning into areas, third quest are breaking much more frequently this past month.

Of course, I could have missed an announcement and in such can be trolled.
    Soara2 and Smashey like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Daybreak was just purchased by a larger game company not long ago. It's not sunsetting.

A GU is coming, and is supposed to have a bunch of improvements. If you want to see what's going on, play in Beta and help check what is working and what's not.
    Breanna, Beee, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

at this point the purchase was probably just to have rights to the EQ name......as for the sunsetting, who knows
    Crock and Soara2 like this.
  4. Smashey Well-Known Member

The biggest issue is the complete and obscene statement from devs not even a year old that this game has plenty of players. Its a barren desert most times and server merges have been needed for years.

I dont know anyone that does anything but login to raid and check overseers. If overseers is what they use to measure metrics, I think its about time they reevaluate their players. Guilds are bleeding left and right because there is nothing to do but raid.
    Soara2 and EmJay like this.
  5. Hebexi New Member

And even Overseer's haven't had an update in a while. I know so many people who've said they won't buy another expansion. I hope they're given a reason to change their minds
    Soara2 and AOE1 like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

From my perspective, the previous purchaser added nothing to this game except bleed off money and resources. You can hardly use that as an argument against "sunsetting." A GU is coming and I loved your term, "is supposed to have a bunch of improvements," with emphasis on the word 'supposed.' As far as playing in Beta, we know how well that's been working. People went in, there was no one there because it's so lagged out it's dysfunctional.

I'd agree with Smashey. I don't know what your experience is, but no one logs into game at this point except to raid and maybe run a weekly with a few friends/guildies remaining in game. I only log in to work a toon for a bit because..well, this is an MMOG, but it's playing like a solo version of it atm. There might be 3 people I actually know who's on at the same time. And don't even get me started on the fact that guild chat has been non functional for over a month after the platform team "fixed" things.

The idea anyone at DBG could make the statement the game "has plenty of players" only serves to reinforce players opinions they have zero idea of what's going on. Which reminds me, time to listen to Marvin Gaye and rethink the lyrics with an eye towards EQ2, haha. "Turning over training, turning over OSers--what's going on."
    Soara2, Mermut and AOE1 like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Think they're supposed to be in next GU, but who knows for sure.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Uh oh, I better pack up my stuff!
    Breanna, WhysperWynde, Siren and 3 others like this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

*chains Ttobey to his desk* You're not going anywhere mister! ;) We need more mounts!
  10. Supallitsme New Member

Will there be zoning improvements? Literally 4x in a row I zoned and was kicked to char select screen I literally could have thrown my laptop.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

After I'm gone? Yeah probably, there will be way less tentacles animating to cause all that lag!
  12. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I have heard from the day EQ2 launched that it was about to be shut down. This has to be the second most persistent rumor ever, the first being that Elvis faked his own death.

Maybe if raiders did something other than use baubles and raid they would have something to do. But that is just me. :p

Ttobey! What about a multi-passenger mount? Maybe a Centipede?
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"...pretty much since launch. :p
    Obnoxa, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

EQ2 is not sunsetting, also what "barely year old devs" are we referring to here?
  15. Raeven Well-Known Member

I don't raid, and I still log in and play. I have alts on various servers, I can always find something to do.
    Soara2, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  16. Enica Member

I've been here since a week after launch. I just don't post much so I'm still listed as a newbie. And yeah, they've been talking about the death of this game since then. I'll be here until they shut it down, but I don't think that's happening any time soon. Sure, there aren't as many players now, but that's the case for pretty much all MMOs. They aren't the thing anymore. I don't log in to raid, I log in to quest, craft, decorate my house, and talk to friends.
    Ailbe, Soara2, Brightblade and 5 others like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Nevermind, reread it. The statement is barely a year old, not the dev... carry on.
    Soara2, Breanna, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

i think they are realigning overseer seasons with cobalt crate seasons
    Soara2 and WhysperWynde like this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There are lots of EQ1 players who want to see EQ2 sunset because they want more attention and resources. However, I want EQ2 to succeed. (I play both games). There's a silent majority (more in-game and on Discord, less on forums) that enjoys EQ2.

I expect the gaming industry to notice population drops once more people get vaccinated and enjoy summer activities (e.g. vacations, public indoor activities, large gatherings, home improvements, etc).
    Soara2 and WhysperWynde like this.
  20. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

There isn't a single person here who would see it coming. We all know the population is heading in the wrong direction, regardless of what the official line is.
    Soara2 likes this.