Server Maintenance - March 23, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 22, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Cylob Member

Let's hope it will be a smoother one then last week! Fingers crossed...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avyanna like this.
  3. Sandx Active Member

Give Dreamweaver a break, okay? He did not know it was going to take that long! When you have to reboot your computer or reset it because it is being stupid it may take longer than you expect. You deal with it and move on! This IS ONLY A GAME! gp grab a good book and read! that what I do when I am home!

Dreamweaver, Thanks for all your hard work. I know that being a developer can not be easy!! Have A Great Day Daybreak!

Sandx of Maj'Dul
    Breanna, Siren and Will Turner like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Cylob wasn't saying it was Dreamweaver's fault; he was just saying he hopes the patch would go smoother than last time, which we all hope is the case. And just for the record, I don't know why people want to label machines or other inanimate objects "stupid." Stupid is a function of intelligence--or the lack of it more accurately. Your computer needing to reboot isn't it being stupid--you putting your hand on a hot stove and not thinking something is going to happen is.
    Hiza likes this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Are you sure the notes are for this week? At least one is about an event that is over.
  6. Embur New Member

It feels like every Tuesday is server maintenance. MY DAY OFF!!..... I haven't played EQ2 for years and back then we never had server issues like this when Sony ran it... and as for 2 hours????... more like all day... I pay for 2 accounts this shouldn't be done on our time that we pay for.. it should be done on least played hours...SMH
  7. Virtuosity Active Member

@Embur,

It is every Tuesday around 3pm UK time, usually for between 1 and 2 hours. Has been like this for years.

Probably done at that time as it coincides with people in the USA getting into the office to do it, but thats just my assumption.
  8. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Ah, the weekly drama of short memories and server maintenance.
    • Maintenance has been Tuesdays for a decade or so now and started on that day while SOE still had the game.
    • We are doing this once a week, instead of twice a week now. Except for emergencies or upgrades.
    • Two hours is not all day, and usually it does not even need that long.
    • The timing is almost always at 7am PT. Our Devs like consistency too.
    • There is Game maintenance, and there is Server Maintenance. They have been alternating these so we are not as impacted.
    • Please do remember that the game is now much larger than it was years ago, complexity needs time.

Thank you, Developers, for caring for this wonderful world we virtually live on!
    Breanna, Blacklash and dreamweaver like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

They are, they will wanted people to be aware that it was fixed for next year.
    Breanna and Lateana like this.