Test is lagging out and zones won't load

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Siren, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I guess there's always the 1st-1st...was planning on doing other things with the rest of my other, non-Test servers then, but oh well... X-P

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's that! :D

And/or the new GU over on Beta... X-P

Uwk
    who wonders: how is that doing over there??
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's as dead over there as here in between holydays
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd gotten in after 9 pm PDT! Begrudgingly, apparently...

Lagged around all over the place, booted me out a time or two, allowed me back in, had to straight fly dang near everywhere; alted to a different toon after finally finishing, this one was allowed here and there grudgingly, slowly, and when I tried to Fast Travel back to EL, which usually worked, got booted to Character Select. Tried getting back in that way, and after 1 min. 30 sec., got this message:

Server did not respond in a timely manner [no kidding, Captain Obvious] and may be backlogged. Please try again in a few minutes.

I will not give up on this until 12:01 am, Mar 22nd, no matter how much sleep or meals I miss. :mad:

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay. Took eight, count them, EIGHT MINUTES to go from Character Select to actually back in the game. Took another 4 minutes, 15 seconds "Waiting for zone server" to try to get from GF to BBM (gave up trying to use the World Bell to get to EL; it wasn't working, so I tried kicking the carp out of it some other way), only to finally be told that "That zone is currently unavailable."

Well, he's an Evil guy, trying to leave a "Good" zone, so I'll try to get to Freeport any way I can...

Watch this space.

Uwk
    getting increasingly infuriated

EDIT: Whoopsie! Turned my back on the game long enough to post this and got booted back to Character Select! Silly me to want to trust this... :mad:

Will try again after a very fast dinner. >:-/

You haven't seen the last of me yet (probably not 'til Dec. 2021; figure my $300 investment will have paid for itself by then)!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You know, this is almost EXACTLY what happened to the Live servers after they "patched" things on the 16th. Everyone remember that li'l fiasco? :)

The most recent build for my toons on Test was the 18th, so it looks like the disease is spreading. :-/

Uwk
  7. Elhaeladan New Member

Now am getting worried about my Kerra Berserker Eshiathorr who is stuck in Enchanted Lands on Test, lag spikes then all the mobs vanished, tried using Fast Travel did not work.

Was able to exit the game but not able to log back in. So I figured Test has crashed. :)

Is there a Live Server (US English/or EU English) that HOT Guild plays on in case Test Server Crashed on them? Or a chat channel since Test.Test on live is not working.

[Just checked the server list 3am Mountain Timezone, looks like TEST is unlocked so will try again to see if can get in]
  8. Elhaeladan New Member

Was able to log into Test as Eshiathorr. However attempting to use the Bell or Fast Travel to get out of Enchanted Lands will result in being stuck in waiting on zone servers for more then 5 minutes with either being sent back to EL or become stuck and you forced to close the game. Not able to log back into EL even though was able to log in.

So guess you can enter Test but be aware that problems may still exists that you might be stuck in the zone and unable to use Bell or Fast Travel to leave the zone your in.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's exactly part of the problem(s) I was having. Oddly, I was able to move out of other zones if I'd logged out there, then came back in last night, but EL seemed to be having the worst luck. :-/

And HOT Guild = Heroes of Test? Hmm...I think some may also be on AB? Not sure offhand.

Hopefully, someone will notice something amiss once they get in to work in about 3-4 hours; not sure of their schedule, only that it's PDT (yet another reason to abolish Daylight Savings nonsense!)... ;->

Uwk
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well it's another day and a workday at that , so lets hope that this problem can be taken care of by more than just a weekend warrior .
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Test shows as "Up" in Server status, but it's Locked and all characters are redded out as of 8:30am EST. I'm sure they'll find out once they get in, late morning PST (afternoon EST).
  12. Playz4fun Active Member

While zoning twice from Enchanted Lands this morning (EST), kicked completely out and have to restart the game. Working on the April 1 quests, which, of course, require a lot of zoning. When I log back in, I am still in EL (not sure if that is some kind of problem indicator).

I have also been kicked to character once. When I get back in (regardless if new log in or from character window), there is 2-3 minute lag before anything can be done.

While in game, there is spotty lag. Harvesting, collecting message delay very obvious and NPC responses are quite delayed as well.

Annnnd kicked out again zoning from EL to Antonica for the 3rd time.
    Soara2, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I can't even get on to Test server as it currently shows locked, maybe they are resuscitating the hamster? :p
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

I can't even get as far as locked today as the login server isn't talking to me. Obviously both servers need new hamsters :(
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Uh oh! I'm currently on my ancient silver account, I guess trapped there if the login servers are down. What's going on with this game in 2021? Are we getting DDOS'd all the time now or what?

knocks on hamster wheel. "Did you get chased away by foxes or wolves? Anybody home?"
  16. Bunji Developer

We're working on the Test issues. We need to make some hardware adjustments out there.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Login servers appear to be down, too. I just checked on my main gold account and couldn't get on any server at all because login servers are down, FYI, sorry.

Currently on my ancient silver account on MajDul, I guess for the day because it's my day off. Thanks for working, sorry this had to happen!
  18. Elhaeladan New Member

Your sure you gave the correct tribute aka bribe to the Hamster's Union? ;)
    Soara2, Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It appears that our home is being fixed up right now , I hope they put up nice wallpaper and good hard wood floors and carpets
    and the monsters all have their nails done .
    and their teeth made nice and straight , the kobolds get their hair braided , and the dragons their scales buffed to a shine .

And Kaitheel just put in a post that we get more time to test the first of April event , even so that any problems that are being reported after today will not make it into the regular servers .
    Soara2, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow this was all day , and there seams to be no end in sight .
    Our poor home must be very sick , maybe it ate to much candy from all those festivals :(