Welcome to the Test Server!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Silvers have full use of the broker and can sell?

Holy smoke, I just logged on with my ancient (missing several expansions) silver account to double check, and I can't believe my eyes, but you're right! Wow. When did that happen?

PS/ I think Silvers could always talk in chat (showed they weren't gold farmers when they paid the $10 for Silver upgrade way back when) but I tested it just to be sure: Silvers can chat in General world chat fine. (Sorry, new Bronzes, but you can't upgrade to Silver nowadays. Daybreak/Darkpaw got rid of Silver years ago because most people were skipping paying the sub and would just play as Silvers. Old Silvers are still grandfathered in to this day, though.)
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they relaxed a lot about stuff I guess when they found out , that even free to play people spend a lot of money .
    So free to play people can do a lot more than at the beginning when Sony first came out with that idea .
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's sad; it was only a $5 upgrade by the time I got my Silvers.

Had I known, I would've gotten tons more Bronzes and converted them... :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Siren like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are those who say that SOE (or DBG? I wonder whose idea it was...) making free-to-play the default and subscription an option was a bad idea, that every other MMO out there does it the opposite way and doesn't have to panic every year to get out a "latest and greatest expac! :D" or kowtow to the end-game raiders. At first I thought people were just whinging about any "unwashed, huddled masses" allowed into Their Back Yard, but apparently they actually had technical things in mind. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

grrrrrr Uwkete I also used to play Runes of Magic and that game has only free to play .
    They make their money on materials to upgrade your gear and just pure fluff , and stuff that simply makes your live more easy

And Wizard 101 has another possible solution .
    In Wizard 101 you either get a subscription and as long as that lasts you have all access , or you buy all zones and areas with special currency and they are yours for as long as the game exists .

So there are different ways to keep a game on line
    Blade and Soule is another free to play game I have tried and liked .
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wizard 101 sounds good! Is it still around? :)

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think so, at least they are still selling the cards to give you one month of subscription or the special in game coins, and a pet
    with studs,
    Wizard 101 is an American game and is being played by all ages.
    I have met people playing as young as 6 years old (your supposed to be 13)
    and as old as a 74-year-old grandpa, even whole families.
    What I like is the fact that you don't die in this game, your just knocked out and defeated (even so that people in game call it being killed)

Oh, they also have Pirates 101 in this game you're the captain of a ship and command a crew.
    I never tried that one.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Sorry to bother anyone, but where are Test patch notes and downtime notices put usually? Live seems to have its own specific place. Test must too, I'm just apparently missing it.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Pfft, not a bother at all! I just sort of missed this post for a couple days.

"Usually" we get at least some sort of patch notes here in this Test Server forum, but sometimes, like last week, they got missed. We also "usually" get a weekly patch on Friday night, so things have the weekend to be poked and prodded before the team tackles fixes on Monday for any Tuesday live patch. Usually. We don't get proper downtime notices because the time on Friday evening (Pacific time evening, that is) can be a bit variable, depending on what the lovely Ops people are doing elsewhere (like dealing with the beta server for the GU and so on). But it is generally safe to assume that there will be about a half-hour of downtime sometime on Friday evening.

Hope that helps!
    ~Mum
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!

Now back to the fun! :D
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Woops, lagged out and double posted. Please remove this 2nd post.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  12. Shaie Active Member

So I just joined Test and when I click on the Guild Finder page, there are none currently open for new members.

I love crafting & decorating. I enjoy selling what I make if I can. I also enjoy (PERFECT for a game called EverQuest, yes?) questing & leveling. I am disabled however AND I play several games (because hubby doesn't play the same ones I play, but I do enjoy some of the ones he plays) so there might be times when I'm gone for a while, although I guess that wouldn't be a huge surprise on the Test server. If there's a guild who would be interested in, oh did I mention I'm an Altoholic?, someone like me, please let me know. My first character on test is Shaie.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's a Guild forum, where you can both post your wants in a guild ("Looking for a guild on Public Test; no Raid ones, please" or whatever) and look for those that might suit you. :) There's also EQ2U, where you can search for just about anything, including guilds using certain criteria.

For example: the ones my copious toons on Public Test are in is Foolish Pleasures; here's their link:

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/guild_detail/2142048175

Check out the entry, see if you like them. :)

Don't mind the "SOE" part of the link; it doesn't have much to do with the actual SOE any more (they changed their name since then to Daybreak Games), that's just what the web dude who set up all that called it back in the day, the link still works (not all links mentioning SOE do...).

Chances are, it's not that there aren't any guilds on Test looking for new people, it's just that none of the recruiters might've been on when you were looking in-game?

Uwk
    Shaie and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As an aside, Denmum, let me just say: to whoever it was (the Ogre Hubby?) who adjusted EQ2Traders.com to the point where I can see all the various categories of sub-pages on the left hand side clearly again, thanks so much! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Are we able to get this on the Test Server ?
    Been told you can only do this quest on Live.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It wasn't tested first? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

somebody has told us this does work on the test server.
    It has something to do with doing all panda quests.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! One of those sorts of things...got it. :)

Uwk
  19. Zinj Well-Known Member

The League of Extraordinary Tests guild accepts all newcomers. Our only real restrictions are a one week wait before you can draw on the guild bank or crafting ingredient box. And it's not like someone is going to be able to drain those and sell them anywhere. LOL.

That said, I'm really kind of surprised that the MOTD on Test doesn't list particular areas DEVs would like us to work on and report back on. Or I suppose an in-game e-mail to Test server patrons could do the same.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Zinj Well-Known Member

I miss seeing you running around on MajDul, Niami.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.