Test is lagging out and zones won't load

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Siren, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Test is lagging out and zones won't load this afternoon. I tried rebooting and relogging to no avail. Is anyone else having problems? Maintenance was Friday, so there's nothing scheduled for Sunday (today), right?
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Sharrak New Member

I was having some problems with certain zones, but not all of them. Then a few minutes ago I got booted out. Character select showed the test server was down.
    Soara2, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

4. Siren Well-Known Member

Okay, great, thanks. Well, not great, but you know what I mean. ;) Hopefully it's back up soon!
  5. Zorgo New Member

Was hoping for some Daybreak announcement by now. Crickets on Discord as well.
    Soara2, Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

It also takes a long time downloading the test server files compared to live.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also having issues (what is it with them and messing us up on the last day of a holiday [in this case, our testing of the "last day" of April Fool's]? :mad: Coincidence? I have to wonder...), but unless they're gaming as well at home, on Test server, we're not likely to hear about it until tomorrow, when it'll be too late. :-/

EDIT: Got as far as the Character Select screen (prior to this, after I'd tried to get in via the character I'd taken a break on [I should never have taken a break...I should never have taken a break...], I got a very strange, new error: "There is currently no server for character's zone; please try again in a few minutes." and an old school login box. That didn't work either), only to find all my toons in red and LOCKED. X-P

Trying to do a workaround using .exe didn't help, either. It's something on their end, some intern that kicked the cord out (again...). X-P

Or...I've heard there's at least one dev that detests crafting and thought it should never have been implemented in the first place; now I have to wonder if there's one out there that hates holidays. :-/

EDIT: I think at this point, we should just presume we're never going to get anything done on the last day of a holiday and just get everything done before then. Wasn't there yet another holiday (Frostfell? Erollisi?) where we got an extension after something technical went fubar...? o_O

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Siren like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

I just tried logging in again now at 8:38pm EST: Test server locked, all characters redded out.

PS/ Still no news on Discord, just checked that myself too.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah; unless they're playing at home (and I'm not sure how many, if any, techs/devs still do that these days; I knew one SOE employee who did, but he was an actual gamer who'd gotten a dream job [until they canned him for being too expensive and "merely" QC]), I don't think they're gonna notice. X-P

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if it is just an intern kicking the cord out ("It's just the ship's cook!" --Jack Ryan, Hunt for Red October) or if it is something deliberate on someone's part ("It's just the ship's cook!" --Jack Ryan, Hunt for Red October)...I guess if this post gets yoinked or I get banned from the Forums, we'll know. :-/

It can't be server demand (on Public Test??); times were we could handle a bigger surge than a WoW expac release. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Back up as of 9pm! Three cheers for Niami DenMother, who whimpered at the correct Darkpaw dev and got it taken care of. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

HUZZAH!!! All praise to Denmum! :D

Ooh, I'd love to know how she got that kind of pull...whatever, I'm glad she's on our side! :D

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, no, it's lagging again... X-P

Trying to zone into Kylong Plains (not even a house or Guild Hall!) and just spinning its wheels...

EDIT: Ah. Finally booted me back to Enchanted Lands, saying the following:

That zone is currently unavailable.

Then, trying it through the World Bell:

You cannot zone at this time because you have a Marketplace transaction in progress.
    [spoiler alert: no, I don't]

Then right after that:

Unable to access the broker at this time.

when I had no intention of doing so. Something is amiss. :-/

EDIT: Tried bleating to Denmum on AB_Homeshow; no good, didn't even show up in the chat channel. Tried again on Test; could at least see my bleat there. :-/

EDIT: Gave up, /camped to that toon to try to clear the errors, at least, and tried again to zone to Kylong via the World Bell. It's been literally 3+ minutes, and no love. Still "Waiting for zone server" crap. X-P

Ah! After FOUR MINUTES, "That zone is currently unavailable." :mad:

And, while my chats to AB_Homeshow channel can be seen by them, I still can't see them on Test. X-P

EDIT: Finally got in again after first going someplace reliable, like Freeport. Went back to EL, tried to get to Kylong. After a 45 second delay, finally got to the port. I'll just fly the rest of the way to Teren's Grasp, because I can't trust Public Test right now to do anything else I need. X-P

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, tried to Fast Travel zone to Moors of Ykesha. Waited OVER 4 minutes, only to be kicked back to Enchanted Lands and told, yet again, that: "That zone is currently unavailable." Maybe it's Fast Travel...gonna try the World Bell again. Send me thoughts and prayers. :-/

EDIT: Tried World Bell. Got "You cannot zone at this time because you have a Marketplace transaction in progress." No, no, I really don't... X-P

Tried using the World Bell to get to Freeport; got same Marketplace error. Then got booted to Character Select. X-P

EDIT: Came back in via the Character Select process; wound up in the Enchanted Lands right next to the sphinxes. I'd left while on the dock, right next to the World Bell. Apparently, nothing I'd done since leaving the sphinxes (and trying to Fast Travel) had counted. X-P

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tried the World Bell again to get to the Moors; succeeded within 30 seconds. We'll see if I can get back to EL without fuss.

EDIT: Got to Moors via the Bell; can't trust Fast Travel any more. Used the Wizard Spire in EL to get to Sundered Frontier for the "fire" riddle answer (flew to Kerraland rather than taking the official travel options, but then I usually do anyway). Gonna try, gingerly, using Fast Travel to get back to EL.

EDIT: Fast Traveled successfully to EL; I guess I just can't leave that way. X-P

Even with being able to use it to get back to EL, the rest of my toons doing this tonight will take 2-4x longer than it would have. Very disappointed in the intern. >:-/

Uwk
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

gosh somebody rabbit napped the Darkpaw server hamsters in the April Fools day event . And the Test server is running on Dev power ( they are to slow )
    Soara2, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay. Trying again to Fast Travel from Enchanted Lands to Teren's Grasp in Kylong Plains, using another toon. After three minutes and 45 seconds, got booted back to EL with: "That zone is currently unavailable."

Gonna try with the Wizard Spires; if it works (IF), it'll still be faster than straight flying to Teren's from Kylong's port. :-/

EDIT: Ah! Can't use the Wizard Spires, because apparently, I have another FICTIONAL Marketplace transaction in progress. :mad:

Gonna have to get to the port and straight fly to Teren's again, I guess. X-P

EDIT: Wow! Yet another fictional Marketplace transaction is preventing me from using the World Bell to get to Kylong! :D Gonna try getting ANYWHERE ELSE out of EL...

EDIT: Nope. Not working to get to anywhere else, because of the "Marketplace transaction." I'll /camp to this toon, and if I can come back in again (IF), I'll see if that helped. Of course, this particular toon is a Troubador that I haven't fixed yet, so I may just be SoL with him until I do that. X-P

EDIT: After 1 minute 45 seconds staring at the "Receiving zone info" message, got booted back to Character Select. At least the toons aren't red and locked, but gonna tempt the Fates by coming back in again as a Bard. Since I have a Dirge farther down on the list, I'm not hopeful. :-/

EDIT: Four minutes and 15 seconds after staring at "Entering as [Bard toon, o ye of foolish choices]..." with a Disconnect button li'l window, I got a new one: "Lost connection to server!" as if it were a happy occasion. >:-/

Uwk
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Yep, 10:50pm EST got flung back to character screen while trying to load into QH, then was unable to get back in and lost connection to server. I'm going nighty-night, people! See you on the flip side. :)

Thanks to Niami and Darkpaw for getting us back in for a bit, though. :cool: These bunnies and eggies aren't going to pluck themselves!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Tried getting back in after being booted, only to be greeted with:

Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy; please try again in a few minutes.

EDIT: Went out, came in, everyone LOCKED and red again. Gonna see if Denmum is on, playing on a server that's working. :-/

Uwk
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

And it crashed again
    O no a stampede of napped bunnies and chickens just flooded the servers :eek:
    And the Beast'r Eggs are protesting , they don't want to be turned into a giant omelet .
    we are being overwhelmed by the ghosts of the past coming out of the chrono portals o_O
    Soara2, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.