How about a "hardmode" TLE?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by MightyMeaghan, Mar 8, 2021.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'd like to suggest a "hardmode" TLE server where xp is slower, debt is higher, NPC buff packages are significantly tuned higher, and all of the old access quests are required.

Would anyone but me actually want to play on a server like that?
    Wisamkin, Bekkr, Saints XI and 4 others like this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Sounds like a good idea. I would also add that they should never sell experience and vitality potions on any TLE server ever.
    Wisamkin, Bekkr, Poopoo and 2 others like this.
  3. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'd honestly pay more monthly for a TLE with no Marketplace or Krono.
    Wisamkin, Poopoo, Zeddicious and 5 others like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

I would buy that, and of course traveling post and druid ring /spires should be opened before using them.

They should try to make the usage of isboxer to at most 2 toons. People will certainly bypass the limitation using virtual machines. I don't mond people boxing two toons, i did it alt tabbing but 6 boxing is rather anti social.

SLR should be greatly limited by allowing only people who were there during the fight to loot. Of course i sold ton of Boo and other mounts but i would not mind SLR being practically removed.

They can certainly find way to get money they will loose this way using innovative ways. As example they could offer you to trade some items from a given loot table for another one using some SC.

This mean no more chinese power levelers, but they could sell item storing xp (for your alt) or bauble setting you at max level -10. There are plenty of other options, like selling a NPC giving rush order to be placed in a house, summon ally item lower than 70, out of combat resurrection scrolls, betrayal baubles etc ....
  5. shaunisme Member

They need this, current TLE is awful, bunch of boxing scum. GET IT UP YEH!
    Sixgauge and Kalika like this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder if the number of people selling levels or items (that are supposed to be heirloom) is not now the majority. Globally the impact is super negative, people don t run the content but speculate at the broker with act running with triggers for the items they want to buy ;-)
    Sixgauge likes this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, having player teleports before EoF kind of messes with the gameflow, but as everything else is trivial it doesn't make an appreciable impact as things have typically been so far.
    Wisamkin likes this.
  8. Venser Active Member

None of you babies played Stormhold? where it was hard to kill mobs, and everyone quit except a couple of guilds that didn't cry and cleared content still? Yeah I can't wait for a "hardmode" TLE again.

Edit: until you clear current content it sounds like exaggerating about easy content to me. I think content is easy, still working on RT4, but I don't see Kalika on progression anywhere.
    Wisamkin and Zenji like this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Stormhold? Really? Aside from the first month or so of KoS being overtuned like crazy because they wouldn't nerf summoner pets for some reason, I don't really remember anything about Stormhold being hard.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

What is "hard" maybe subjective. However, even T5 and DoF on Stormhold was harder than FG or Kaladim.

and I agree with Venser, before people ask for harder raids they should try clearing all the content they have now.
  11. Storiesofold New Member

if they perma locked it at a specific expansion I would like this.
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring mostly to heroic content and the structure of content in general. Though some of those T5 raids could have been tougher. Darathar was an absolute pushover. Not Vox though. Not Vox. Damn.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Everyone has their own personal preference on how the rules should work for a TLE server. Instead of listing all of my preferences, I will just reply to yours. Tougher encounters I agree with. Regarding less xp and access quests, I agree in theory, but I think this would require a strong pick-up group community, which we do not have (for numerous reasons that I think could be fixed).
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I am fine not having them... however if they DO have them, I think it really sucks and is poor business to block vet pots so they can re-sell them back to you on the marketplace.
    Arielle Nightshade and Frostfang like this.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Agree 100% on the botting. You could argue they are keeping the server profitable. But then (most) botters aren't actually paying subscriptions for 6+ accounts, they are just recycling kronos that have already been purchased. And destroying the PUG community in the process.
    shaunisme likes this.
  16. Ryni Bard since 2004

I would just like to see no more SLR, if you are there for the kill drops are heirloom so you can loot for an alt that is it. And if someone wants to two box fine but the 6 man automated bots get rid of them. Then maybe you would see more people grouping and not just waiting to see the item they want in auction channel. EQ2 is one of the few games I really enjoy grouping in and anything that makes people want to group more and not just bot or buy loot is a win I think.
    Arielle Nightshade and Kalika like this.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

Indeed allowing 2 boxing may allow easier grouping, but 6 boxing is an issue. Removing SLR would take like 5mn of dev time and it would make the server more active since people will have to run content to get stuff. There are many way to make the server profitable by replacing krono slae (that are later trades for SLR item or PL) by other services, i mentionned several.
  18. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I like the idea of it. Practically, though, for some classes that way lies madness. For exampe: I like playing Defiler, Mystic and Templar/Inquis. On a hard mode server you would never ever be able to solo with these comfortably, so could not fill in leveling gaps when there wasn't a group.
  19. Smashey Well-Known Member

I would love to have a server with authentic difficulty. I dont know if its hardmode, but all the TLEs we have seen since 2015 had maybe 1 or 2 fights worth your time in terms of difficulty (mostly avatars, and they are now gone).

I would love for heroic content to require CC and using your head again instead of going in and smashing blues.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

have you tried Tarinax ?
    They took out every shred of AA and crafting is hard , I have not seen any max level toon yet ( does not mean they don't exist ).
    Well all those special servers now require a membership , fine so I figured I work my behind of to buy kroon to stay on playing .
    If a server without Krono ever is launched I won't be in it , not because I don't want to .
    Well how do you like your servers that have no FTP accounts on it ? Is it really better ?
    I do agree though that I don't remember having ever seen so many people offering loot rights using kroon as currency ,
    or the service of power leveling for Krono .o_O
    Breanna likes this.