Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

just equip it on yourself and saddle your mount - now in virtual reality you can, and then put a real viking as your rival.. and let everything move according to laws of physical world known to all of us..
    winged horses don't violate laws of physics - because they graze on special pastures and grass on them gives them strength to fly.. real vikings would loved winged horses too:) .. don't go too far!

only Creator of everything doesn't need critique to be better
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. Jinksie Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there are no Vikings in Norrath, so they don't care what we do to helmets. There *are* Barbarians and I am not about to tell any of them what they can or cannot do with their headgear.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I better sort through this mess for the Version 2 list of Art Requests soon.
    Geroblue, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Ofc, they would have. Valkyrie were an integral part of the Viking tradition.
    Ra'Gruzgob, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

While some of us are still young...oh wait....haha
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this post has been defaced and turned in to Look and Feel two , call the inquisition .
    Watch out if the Frog man sees it :eek: .
    This was supposed to be serious , . . . ., could we have a tentacle mount with 8 propellers ?
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  7. cellinaire Well-Known Member

I know akhessars are hybrid race and designed to be shorter than shissars, but I think the four mercs introduced in Season 4 are a bit too small. Can they be made bigger? (would also like their colors made a bit 'brighter'...dunno might just be my monitor setting thing)

+ will Vah Shir Appearance Pack be available elsewhere later? Really sad for It being One-per-account...
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Need more fish plushies! I posted this for Kathieel in the last test holiday post, but if you want to collab, I was thinking clownfish for Bristlebane, firefish for Scorched Sky, goblin fish for NotD. All to be sold on the holiday vendor.

Also the sphinx statue when you first go into Poet's Palace would be a nice house statue.
    Griffon Lady and Valandra like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are some armor pieces that drop that are Vah'Shir appearance gear, so you can get it even if you didn't get the pack from the premium edition.
    cellinaire and Breanna like this.
  10. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Ya can get quite close in appearance I guess, but some pieces one can't get in solos(notably that kilt-like leg armor, chest and forearm).

One more question for the art team : is Berq-Ajon merc being barefisted by design?
  11. Kelvmor Active Member

I've got one!

So in the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion, there's a collection quest that rewards a spell scroll, which gives you a Dhalgar illusion (Facade of the Dhalgar), complete with hair and beard that is customizable via changing your original dwarf model's hair and beard (Either by being a Dwarf, or by using a Petrified Dwarf Eye or other Dwarf illusion and changing your appearance at the barber shop).

[IMG]

The illusion looks and works great as-is, it even rides mounts properly, and performs emotes like /laugh and /sleep and /sitchair without a hitch! It does everything that you'd expect a reskinned-original-model dwarf illusion to do...except one thing: the armor this Dhalgar wears can't be changed, even though other armors, and even the very-well done textures on the base model, can be previewed via Ctrl+Click:

[IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]

Could this illusion be changed so that the Dhalgar wears the player's armor, as it does in the equipment preview window? I'd love to be able to make a Dhalgar Bruiser and show off all that chest hair and muscle tone.
  12. Kelvmor Active Member

One more, before I go to bed:

[IMG]

This armor has unique pauldrons in the original Legends of Norrath preview, which helps really sell the idea that the armor's put together from scrap metal, but in game...

[IMG]

not so much. Possible to change this?
  13. Zyxia Active Member

Probably am posting in the wrong place, so forgive me but...
    I have a request please.... pretty please with tons of soft gooey cream on chocolate chip cookies.. :rolleyes:
    Please, would it be possible to have a Griffin Tower near Blackburrow in Antonica?
    Very often for various quests and fests we have to travel up that way and it would really help players to get around quicker.
    Thank you so much in advance :)
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What does it look like? Designers grab models from us and we don't know what they call them.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'll pass this on to designers.
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is the one they're talking about. There's a set in red shades that you can get via heroic dungeon drops that has the shirt and headpiece, at least.

[IMG]
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  17. Kelvmor Active Member

Here's a proper request: The return of the old Iksar weapons from EverQuest!
    Of course, I'm talking about the Fer'Esh, the Shan'Tok, and the Sheer Blade!

Shan'Tok, a sword which takes heavy inspiration from the Kpingu throwing weapon of the Zande tribe of Sub-Saharan Africa, though it is considerably longer and designed with melee combat in mind:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

A Fer'Esh, a shortsword featuing a curved-forward blade and forward-pointing tip, pictured with its EQ1 icon, and with its EverQuest 2 model, which exists on Dungeon Maker Iksar skeleton spawners in-game and apparently no where else:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And the Sheer Blade, a one-handed cleaver weapon featuring a crescent-shaped tip and a bladed hook for catching swords/attacking armor, pictured with its EQ icon and model:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Maybe they could be made craftable, with handcrafted and mastercrafted variants for each tier?
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'll forward to Gnobrin.
    Breanna, Kelvmor and Geroblue like this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

+1 for the Shan'Tok style weapon, loved that in EQ1!
    Breanna and Kelvmor like this.
  20. Boopydoodle Member

An eternal request: Can we have more witch hats? Floopier the better. All colors of the rainbow! Maybe craftable?

Alsoalso! Can we make it so our non-human-eared bretheren can show their ears/frilliks/whatever outside their helmets? It seems so painful to cram ears under helmets. Also the NoTD witch hat is just this tiny pathetic thing on top of a female iksar's head. Could we make it bigger and make it so frills show?

Apologies for many requests. I'm very passionate about hats.
    Sigrdrifa, Geroblue and Quiarrah like this.