Fixed Internally In-game voice chat not working for new recruits

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ponygirl, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Ponygirl Member

Dreamweaver,
    Thank you for replying to my thread as I believe I was the first to post about the issue. I know, I know, being a Greaser, I am always the last to know anything from you Socs. But you dig ok! We will continue to submit petitions as fast as Two-Bit can chug a beer! Thank you too for passing the information along to the Tech team. I guess we won't be having a rumble just quite yet.

Stay Gold,
    Ponygirl Curtis, Leader of The Outsiders
    Lucymae, Manafizzle and Tacy like this.
  2. Boloh New Member

Same for my toon on Halls of Fate
    Lucymae likes this.
  3. mythicaly Active Member

we having same issue on AB
    Lucymae likes this.
  4. Raven1313 New Member

i put in a ticket for this through support and they just tell me they dont do anything with voice chat and ref forum page here and told me to thubs up the page to move it up in list. ive also used the petition page in game to report this as well as no one can hear me in any other chat even though my mic is working.
    Lucymae and Geoffry like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Alright, that is good to know. Thank you.
    Lucymae, Geoffry and Breanna like this.
  6. Raven1313 New Member

ok so going into the second month of voice chat not working when is this going to be fixed?????
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

VC works for me and a great many other folks, so that suggests that the problem is on your PC, not theirs. I would (temporarily) disable your firewall and see if that helps. If it does then your firewall is blocking a port that VC needs and you need to tell your firewall to make an exception for VC.
  8. Seymor New Member

I can join the Guild and Guild Leader channel on all of my toons save the one created about 4 weeks ago. On the new toon I can only get into Group channel, and a temporary channel created for guildies with this issue also.
    If this were an issue with a blocked firewall port, I would have this issue on all of my characters. If this were an issue with a blocked firewall port it would not be affecting only characters (mine and others) created in the last 8'ish weeks.
    Count your blessings if chat is working for you. However, this is proving frustrating for those of us that it is not working for, and the comment is not helpful.
    Lucymae, Geoffry and Bhayar like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Concur with Seymour. This doesn't have anything to do with a firewall. It's an in game issue. After the maintenance, it manually set vc to "none," and I had to manually get into guild chat to join. That's not a firewall problem. I recently had characters join a guild and this is another related problem. New characters to a guild can't even get into guild chat to join it. It automatically pushes them back to "none." I bugged it and got a response that they were aware of it, but couldn't do anything.
  10. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Not really an access problem, but the in-game voice chat also refuses to save the mic/output settings from session to session. Not sure if that would be the main dev team or the platform team, but can someone be asked nicely to make the client save that information in a .ini file and retain it please? Every time I go to voice chat, I have to reselect the options currently, as I have multiple sound outputs on my PC.
  11. Ponygirl Member

Yeah ok like that would totally make sense if I was saying that VC doesn't work at all. But that is not what I started this thread about. It's about NEW PEOPLE joining the guild and NOT being able to join guild voice chat. I have even added a new toon to check it out but hey guess what? Even my new guilded toon could not access voice chat but all of my other toons already in the guild can. So it's NOT a firewall thing. Don't be so snarky.
  12. EmJay Well-Known Member

Update on this problem, please? It is a most annoying bug and needs to be fixed by whoever in your company handles these things. It's already been going on too long.
  13. Hayou New Member

Same problem here. When can we get someone to fix this problem? I have 3 accounts. 1 char on each of those accounts are new just recently. The guild chat does not work on these 3 toons. Get this error: "Failed to join channel '<Guild>': Invalid password or access denied. You've left voice channel '<Guild>'. Make this game great again !! :
    Lucymae likes this.
  14. Drax99 New Member

Adding my new toon to the list. In fact my entire guild started a Progression Raid with new toons, and none of the new toons can join Guild. We all get the invalid password error and get immediately kicked to <NONE>
    Lucymae likes this.
  15. AJAJAJ New Member

Please fix this.
    Lucymae likes this.
  16. morderir Active Member

until it is resolve , there is a workaround

if you are willing to give them moderator right , you can invite them in voice guild chat with "/voice addmod playername" command ,it work

waiting and hoping ...
  17. Trynbuy Member

come on get it fixed
    Lucymae likes this.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yes, I would agree. This was reported as an issue back in February and is still unresolved at this point. I don't care if Devs don't work on it, for an MMOG company who's voice chat is broken immediately following maintenance when work was done on platform should have a minimal tolerance level that it's still up in the air two months later with no reported fix it. Petitioning doesn't solve the issue; it's been confirmed it's broken and is a problem.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Maddrooid New Member

We had the same problem new and old guildies could not talk in voice. So we made a channel named voice and all could talk.
  20. Shakaun New Member

Hello all,

What worked with our guild was we added them as a moderator. Simply type /voice and you will see all commands. What we did was tried /voice addmod <name of toon> and it fixed the issue with not being able to chat in guild voice chat. Yes, there are spaces.

I hope this helps.

Shakaun
    Ides of Aries
    Maddrooid likes this.