Dirge Power Regen

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Xaretix.Skyfire, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Xaretix.Skyfire New Member

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to get max power regen for group needs, and I am looking for an AA spec that will get me pointed in the right direction. Any of my fellow dirges have something that works for them? My groupies sometimes need some power pump. I have been digging around on EQ2U without any luck so far. Any guidance would be appreciated!
  2. Xaretix.Skyfire New Member

Everything I find in the forum is years old, with a lot of folks saying not to even bother. I am under the understanding that it has improved to be viable in the last 2 xpacs?
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The dirge I used to raid on in last xpac is named Daith. What you're essentially looking for is a left side prestige in AA tree. Feel free to check his out.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Exuberant Encore in the prestige tree, take max duration and power feed. With max duration it's up about 50% of the time and will give your group full power constantly.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Actually, depending on what mobs/instances/raid zones you are in, it may not "give full power constantly." While it's effective, the massive dependence by devs on mana draining by the mobs as a strategy can make it dicey at best. You can cast the spell and your entire group can be drained almost immediately. This has been the case for the last several xpacs.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

In current content it's rare. I did Betrayer 4 with 2 dirges in group as the only powerfeeds, and nothing so far has been as drain intensive as that fight.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Define "current content" you are using. "Current content" in my definition includes all potential content in a given xpac--from solo to raiding. Obviously, soloing would be excluded in the description, but anything else would. And based on your own statement, you shouldn't need two dirges in one group when Exuberant Encore "With max duration it's up about 50% of the time and will give your group full power constantly."
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

2 dirges is 100% uptime because there was no other powerfeed. Current content is raids, because balance is irrelevant outside of raids. Any class can do anything below like Vex Thal.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. It's a decent powerfeed. Every time the target takes damage (which, with surge, is pretty much every second) your group gets full power. However, it's only up for 25 seconds of every minute, so it's supplementary at best.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The power is decent. I have a dirge I raided on last xpac and started this year, but we needed the healer more. My issue was with your statement that power drains are rare in current content. If that was the case, as you state, my question is why do you need two dirges and your response was "there was no other powerfeed." I don't get how you reconcile that power draining isn't a problem, but you need two dirges for content. Do you see the dichotomy there?
    \
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

For betrayer 4 you absolutely need several power feeds, but for the majority of content it isn't necessary. As compared to previous expacs, the mana drain isn't that bad to the point that Exuberant is a good feed, because you aren't getting drained more than once a second.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Melt, you've got to be kidding me with that last sentence. "You aren't getting drained more than once a second." Once a second? That 60 times in a minute and you would suggest that isn't a significant power drain when Exuberant Encore, according to you, "..is up 50% of the time?" LOL..ok, now I'm feeling the chain tugging at my ankle.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

Now being one of the two dirges who has cleared the expac, the information is as thus:

Dirge power regen is fine, but alone is not enough. /thread