1. Portador de la Morte New Member

So I have several free accounts and one paid...one I buy a lot of merch from the marketplace. i am attempting to transfer my accounts from my old pc to my new pc. I can't remember the password nor the email. I've put in a ticket. Told them all the info from the account I can remember, including info about characters. No help at all. I was told "respectfully" to open a new account. These are not new characters. I have worked on obtaining the highest level they can so they can assist my other characters. No help at all in recovering my pw. There have been no purchases on this account, so no card info is included, so nothing anyone could steal.

I understand accounts need protecting, but it is frustrating. Even though I can provide all the info about each character, it doesn't seem to matter.

Very frustrated. Needed to vent.
    WhysperWynde, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I was just as disappointed when I could not get my guild back after deleting some characters and had the same issues with the accounts that were still guilded in it. I restored the characters and was told I can't get the guild back on halls of fate that literally I have been the only one member of for the whole life of the guild. I managed to get a new one to the same level about but I had years of rent in the door and the eminities I wanted in the old one and sure having issues getting enough status for the new one, since it leveled through the new crafting line which doesn't give much personal status for the door...
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do the daily Overseer heritage crate quest. It always drops a status bauble, for varying amounts of status.
    WhysperWynde and Soara2 like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I would love to do that, since my overseer seems to be stuck at 11 on all my accounts. Where do I get these quest please?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I found a merchant in Freeport that sells 10 per day to me.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Well y'all are more tolerant than I am. Did I ever lose my EQ2 account for any reason and was given NO support but told to simply make them again and start over ... I do just that! = IN A DIFFERENT GAME ENTIRELY!

I have played, quested, crafted, adventured, worked long and hard to get these girls just where and how I want them to be. They are like part of myself by this point and to be told to just start over again is HEARTless! Would not do it in this game. So I'd better guard and hold onto my EQ2 account fiercely; so sad to know no support is available when it is most needed! Bummer!!
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That is NOT what happened. The person alleges to own that account, but can't remember the email address they were subscribed with, their user name, or any details about the credit card they used to pay.

If DBG just gave that person the account with no corroborating info, why, I could write to DBG and pretend to be YOU, WhysperWynde. Then, if I was the sort of bad person who would do that, I'd strip your whole account, sell all your goods, send the cash off through a boondoggle of various throw away toons, and by the time you got your account back, you'd have a wreck. This has happened in the past (mostly in cases where someone unwisely gave someone else their password) and I'm sure unscrupulous people still abound.

Yes, it sucketh mightily for the person who can't recall any of the details (I guess it happened during their "Studio 54" days and the drugs and women erased the memories), but it's not unfair. It's the minimum amount of protection they HAVE to give to protect legitimate account holders.

Given the abilities of Googling, I suspect that the OP could probably recover the email address they used to sub. I have about a dozen addresses I've used since the mid-80s, and I could make a pretty good guess as to what those addresses might be. But 15 minutes with Google finds about a half dozen of them easily. Being able to Google for past street addresses also helped. If nothing else worked, you could get your credit reports from the Big Three, and figure out what credit cards you were using in the time-frame, and contact those people for a copy of your last CC bill. The OP is not without some recourse, here.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sorry you lost your account.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

oh, i still use ballpoint pen to write down my passwords, etc. it's also important not to forget what your treasured notebook looks like and where it's located. and yes, there must be at least two and you must know where it are. also need to store one of it where-somewhere outside house or flat in case of fire/fall of giant meteorite, etc., because you are not insured in case of losses from loss of your personal info (who will return you something that cannot be paid for with any money? because some of our toons are worth more than any money for us, isn't it?)? one thing is for sure -
    you cannot trust yourself - it so happens that someone with best intentions can demolish half of your skull and you will forget almost everything (or if you drank too much tea, russian vodka or hemp and, as result, lost your memory). therefore, you need to put post on your land with sign - "dig here".
    and if you are afraid of thieves, then usage with good bank - they will give you (not free) box where you can put your notebook with passwords. and when you forget everything, they will remember you by identifying by your face, eyes, fingerprints or an identification chip implanted in you (in short, by what is left of you),
    to open it up for you ..
    but seriously - one hundred percent that everyone is interested in measures to protect their accounts. so just admit that you acted carelessly without saving info important to you. and then, i be sure, there will be those who ready to provide you with any but feasible assistance. just need to admit that we are wrong sometimes
    Breanna likes this.