sad illy

Discussion in 'Mages' started by knytemaire, Feb 20, 2021.

1. knytemaire New Member

I got two great Flurry buffs that my raid group (scout) would have loved last expansion....but they want ADC this expansion. Flurry is not desirable with all the changes so why did my spells get changed to something now pretty useless? What was the thinking for this change?
    Risxsoul likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you look at the Mechanics thread, they said they're going to be tweaking melee combat so it does more reasonable damage again.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

That really isn't what is says, unless you're not talking about the OP. It says they're going to give some autoattack boosts to Bruiser, Rogue and Ranger. I can only guess as I'm not logging in these days, but it sounds to me like there will be tweaks to autoattack multiplier or flurry/flurry multi, most likely boosting existing buffs, either temporary or permanent. It does not mention an overall boost to auto attack.

So, as I said in another thread, this is unlikely to be a noticeable change, even for the classes concerned, as more of zero is still zero.
    The way they tweaked the AA trees to give lots of classes huge and seemingly interesting boosts to auto attack, but then made auto attack do literally nothing, well, it just says everything you need to know about the brains behind the operation here.

In answer to this question, I think these changes were based on a misconception of how combat in this game actually works. Yes, that's right, I can't help but conclude from this that the mechanics dev(s) don't actually know how EQ2 works. It would probably help if a few of them actually played the game.
    Scrappyz likes this.