Next PVP Server

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Dreamphaser, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Agreed! I have zero interest in "Fortnite's constant retreading" nonsense.

The whole fun is doing all the PvE content, pulling bosses in the contested zones, and always looking over your shoulder. If you're harvesting and a big group is killing you, take out the one lower level in the group if there's one, and try to get the drop in the chest open before you're killed....hoping you still have it after you respawn... or throwing down a group AoE cc at the beginning instead and running for your life, etc. :p

It's also fun crafting yourself and your buddies stuff to get stronger with as you level up, while always having new ground under your feet with ever-changing zones/quests to explore as you keep leveling, etc.

Maybe you'll even level faster than that original gank group and can now wreak your vengeance upon them as you continue on....
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Spectre Active Member

Are you a serious blogger? Not sure since you are a new member...
  3. Drew575 Active Member

I'm not a new member and I know who Formal is. Too bad I can't say the same about you. Just let the PVP scene die and be good memories. Dey break games never does PVP the way its suppose to be done and the server population plummets after week two. Escape from Tarkov if you want a hardcore PVP game
  4. sh33pOwner New Member

Nope, we are still waiting for pvp server reincarnation. Ok let it be like last temporary pvp server but even that try brought us a lot of fun of group pvp!
  5. Drew575 Active Member

I talked to Kander he acknowledged that the next server would be permanent too little too late. I'll still play because PVP and nostalgia. But my hopes are not that high.
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we have all lost hope. Even though a permanent pvp server that actually receives dev attention could be successful, our best bet is to just enjoy the couple months of fun before unattended balance issues and bugs become too much.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Let's be totally honest, nothing put out in this game is going to be particularly successful at this point. It's 2021, MMOs are a dead genre. PvP isn't going to change that.
  8. Drew575 Active Member

here's my chat with Kander.

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:58 PM
    To: , Kyle
    Subject: Re: PVP Server in EQ2?

will it be at least permanent or temporary? Can you hint at that?

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 3:03 PM
    To: drew
    Subject: RE: PVP Server in EQ2?

Permanent.

Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:47 PM
    To: , Kyle
    Subject: Re: PVP Server in EQ2?

also can we start it at EOF?

(I meant KOS but EOF is cool too lol)

Wed 1/27/2021 1:31 PM
    To: drew

Possibly. Possibly this quarter. We will see.
    Siren, Fleshdecay and sh33pOwner like this.
  9. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

This gave me half a chub
  10. Kaldrun Member

question is, after a couple months, will it have more or less people than Rivervale.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Less. That's how it always goes.
  12. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I would go in with the mentality that it will be fun for a few months. Beyond that, it's up to the dev's how long they want to milk us of our money. Are they going to open up the server and just leave it as is or will they actually put attention towards class balance, gear balance and bugs fixes?

If they were able to atleast address the more serious issues, I think the server could see some longevity. They just need to realize that when something is op on a pvp server, it's a lot more detrimental. Things tend to stay op for a while on pve tle (like necro's) because you're just killing scripted mobs, it's not really ruining anyone else's day and you're all essentially on the same team. Take how necro's are over performing in pve and then also add that to pvp. Now half of nagafen is either playing necro or dying to them because they dominate both pve and pvp. That's what the devs need to be looking out for.
    Previous issues that they need to make sure doesn't resurface are cc durations, they need to return them back to normal instead of having cc last .2 seconds. Dispatch has been an issue as well, where pretty much any class that gets dispatched is instantly 1 shot afterwards.

Having a beta for the new server would really help out.
    Frostfang likes this.
  13. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Only the temporary server ever really died off that fast. Regardless though, compared to a pve tle this new servers life span will definitely be short if it receives no attention after its release.
    Frostfang likes this.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

It's crazy to see all these old familiar names here. I always check back to see if a normal PVP server will come back. I hate the idea of seasonal stuff.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Chrexx Active Member

Let's not kill Kaladim pls.
  16. Drew575 Active Member

lmao imagine being happy on a server where there is no competition for ANYTHING PLAYER VS PLAYER related. God the game would be so boring.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Formal New Member

to be fair, every pve TLE heavily dies after TSO, and the hardcore come back for SF for a month. it kills itself
    SevenShadows and Siren like this.
  18. Aeyana New Member

I liked SF
  19. Chrexx Active Member

Maybe if they started PVP at EoF and had Avatars in this game, a world PVP server would be more interesting than SF raids.

EMA
  20. Chrexx Active Member

Not totally true. The population is higher on Kaladim than it was on Fallen Gate and Stormhold. Barring any major new server announcements, there's a chance SF will be a ton of fun.