Tell me about your current project!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Perrigrin, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I'm currently working on a Sanctus Seru for my Froglok Mystic, Varicella Poxfrog. You don't realize just how huge a house is until you have to start filling it with things. Here are a couple images, providing I do this correctly. It's on the Kaladim server, Qeynos portal. Still very much a work in progress, but these two things I'm particularly happy with :)
    These Vah Shir arches make nifty fireplaces:
    [IMG]

I've always enjoyed doing fancy floor tiles, and I really like how this one came out:
    [IMG]
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nice so far, and yep, you did the image posting fine. :)

I had a recent swap challenge that involved one of these places, and the only thing I could think of for the longest time was, "Gotta lower all the ceilings, make 2-3 stories/floors out of the place. This is ridiculous." but then remembered that it's basically a Gothic cathedral (no, not all draped in black and writing bad poetry :D), and you really can't "shorten" the walls or ceiling at all, that'd be messing with the entire point of the place. :-/

On the other hand, most cathedrals like that in RL have appropriately-sized furniture, organ lofts, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.... X-P

I wish you all the luck! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Perrigrin like this.
  3. Rushd Active Member

I am also working on Sanctus home.... got a replica of the old NYC club limelight in it, a working area on the round vestibule and the front entrance is done nicely with some statues and flora. sneek peek on my site that I still need to clean up. https://spielbenni.wixsite.com/eq2hofdecorating/work-2
  4. Aabari Active Member

Im currently working on my 2nd Isle of Refuge house making another village with tiny house and shops with the added challenge of each house/shop/store etc. has a limit of 25 items and 25 blocks no more no less so by the end i should have 48 different ones each with their own house actor with a profession of some sort like baker,glass blower,cobbler etc.
  5. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

That sounds very challenging!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I love all the purple!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like that would be easier in the Baubbleshire prestige place...on the other hand, I don't think there were that many "actual" houses, so maybe starting with a lot of open land is the better option. :)

Uwk
    still trying to fit stuff into an Oakmyst... :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Progressing well on the Sanctus Seru house. I really like how it's turning out so far! Outside it's got a fountain / pillars / vines. A zen rock garden. Horse stables. Inside a double curved staircase leading upstairs to what is going to be her library (she's a Sage). Bedroom / bathroom. Building a trophy room in the front foyer.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah-HA! You split it into different floors? I was sooo intimidated by that; I wasn't about to mess with the high ceilings of a Gothic cathedral, but I was seriously considering it at an early point... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Rushd Active Member

11. Brownleader New Member

Currently have about 8 projects going between my wife and my houses lol...

--Haunted House in a Kromzek with multiple floors and a maze like walk through the "House"
    --Rogues Roost in one of those Flying Ships
    --Museum and L&L Display in the new Vah Shir home. (The inside is MADE for displaying weapons it seems)
    --Monk's Dojo on a Isle of Refuge
    --Ho Ho Hotel in a Crags Estate
    --Festival Grounds on a Mara Estate
    --A few others taking shape

I have a feeling I will end up finishing them all within 2 months of each other in like 3 years rofl! Each day brings new ideas or an inspiration for one of em so gotta keep the options open.
  12. kloree Member

Working on a frost fell house with all the current craftables you can make