RIP Paladins

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Gonridor, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Gonridor New Member

Howdy folks

The current state of the Paladin is now beyond a joke and has been for a while, they are pretty much bottom of all main tank skills and abilities.

Having played a pally for over 12 years in this game, in raids, groups and solo, I am now resigned to playing other classes to suit the tank requirements in the current game.

I can't pull aggro off of caster pet for long, and cannot maintain sustained aggro in a heroic group, even with amends on the highest dps, the dps from a pally is also laughable.

While the game developers focus on already OP classes, such as Beastlord and Chaneller, they consistently overlook some of the initial core classes - mystic, bruiser and pally especially.

I would be interested to get other peoples views on this or if I am off the mark here...

Thanks
    Priority and Obano like this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Tbf, not many tank classes can hold off a D Stance, Summoner tank pet.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

You're right. Paladin, Bruiser, Guardian, and Ranger are all pretty much in the dog house right now. There is a vicious cycle going on where the weaker these classes become the less people want to play them. The player base then gravitates to the over powered classes and the devs then follow the money by keeping the OP classes strong. Can't upset the whales you know. This mentality basically ensures the under powered classes never get fixed. The best advice is to maybe create a document detailing all the problems with Paladin and then offering up solutions to the problems. I always say bring a solution to the table.
  4. Revang New Member

The classes you mentioned are quite normal. Maybe there is a big difference in the parameters?Write the parameters of your paladin)) (Potency, Fervor, CB)
  5. Revang New Member

6. Twofeets Active Member

I cant speak for the other classes, but pallys have been hurting for quite awhile. Yes, they are still playable, but you definitely have to work a lot harder to be successful. There are multiple threads about this and the population of paladins (especially high end paladins) remains quite low.

As I stated in the other thread

1) The new amends has an intercept component which increases the damage taken by the pally
    2) Amends struggles to make up for the aggro T1 DPS can generate (1.5 trillion+)
    3) Amends is group only, which limits its usefulness in raids
    4) If pally wards act like Shammy wards then they are limited by Bleed through...
    5) Less DPS than many other tanks