House Deco Challenge - Reignite the Flames

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I know that this is a busy time of year with ToT20, Frostfell Neighborhood 2020, Reignite the Flames, prelude "Haven Bound", Night of the Dead, Heroes' Festival, Frostfell, Moonlight, City Festivals, RL holidays, etc. It is hard finding time to participate in house swaps or contests. However...I want to have a low stress way to join in on the fun.

Theme: Reignite the Flames
    Start Date: Travel back in time to any time...any house regardless of when it was decorated
    End Date: January 31st, 2021 (over 4 months!)
    Server: All except Drunder :p
    Prize: Personal House Item Limit Expander (200) from Marketplace

Want to see your hot houses...anything using fire, flames, lava, and/or heat, etc. Just gotta be hot. Could be was hot but now things are burnt to a crisp. Could be a steamy new relationship. Silly Gnome at it again and BOOM! Someone just ate too many flame hot cheetos or doritos. Has that sizzle. Best house gets a 200 house expander prize. Might even have a random drawn winner too ;) . What will be the random drawn prize...have to participate to find out :confused:. All entries will get a participation prize.

Rules:
    • Must have minimum of 100 house items
    • Must be theme related (Reignite the Flames)
    • Must be decorated by you or team with you as member
    • Can be old house or brand new one
    • Does NOT matter if was published before today or part of another event
    • Only one expander prize will be given for best house.
      If multiple people decorated, person submitted in info will get expander.
    • Make sure rent is paid through February 28, 2021 (so I can do tour video)
    Submit: Must be submitted by 11:59 pm PDT January 31, 2021. Can send house submission three different ways...
    Info Format:
    Server Name:
    Decorator(s) Name:
    House Title:
    House Owner:
    Address:
    Leaderboard Category:
    Character Name to Receive Prize (server.charactername):
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That sounds, one should pardon the expression, cool! :D

I'm thinking at most at a 2-room place, 'cause I know after ToT and SSHHS, I'll be exhausted and in no shape whatsoever to even think about anything bigger, let alone look one in the face. X-P

And I know how this will sound, but there've been lots of contests, challenges, etc. over the years, and while a lot of the prizes have been really cool (wouldn't turn my nose up at thousands of plat, for example; expanders always come in handy!), even "just" the participatory rewards are awesome, especially when it's a lovely actual "physical" house item and the prizes are more ephemeral (salves me wounded heart when the random number generator hates me again... ;->)! They always occupy a place of honor on me mantelpiece. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, Public Test springs to mind; after the "silly gnomes" at work in the recent SEHS, I still have a ton of fire stuff left over there... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I want this event to be very easy which is why you can enter existing house that fits theme. I added that there maybe (oh course there will be) a random drawn prize winner but not saying what the prize will be. So doesn't matter skill level. Heck you could secretly submit someone else's home for the event as long as there is public access to the house o_O . I went with expander because it has been a pain in the past to have krono as prize...cannot mail have to meet up to deliver. Have given marketplace house item of winner's choosing but then I have to wait and wait until person decides.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eek, yeah, definitely the expanders would be way easier. :-/

Will the devs or artists or whoever helps us out with these be doing the participation prizes again? Those are cool! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I put in a request for a participation prize this morning. :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo, thanks -- oh, wait; now I'll have to do it... :D

Uwk
    who's seriously thinking about Public Test... ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! You've Got Mail! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Ocarinah like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, please tell me I'm not the only one signed up for this? :( Haven't seen any other peeps jumping in here... :-/

(On the other hand, I'd be a shoe-in for getting the prize... :D)

Uwk
    the Greedy ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Edriliane Active Member

Nope, I intend to submit one of mine as well by the end of january. It's Stargate themed as well since I marathoned the trilogy during quarantine. Now to finish the darn thing...
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Know the feeling... ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Misstake Well-Known Member

I'm so down for this =D
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok Id like too but I have a question...do we have to own the house that we deco'd as well? There's a few Ive done but I dont own and I love them. If not I'll finish one I do own.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You can use a house you decorated but do not own. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

How did I not see this post o_O and no advertising in Homeshow and now there's only couple weeks left :(
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, no worries; just ask Oaky if it's still okay to sign up for it? She did say you could use a previous one... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am sorry you missed this post and did not advertise it in Homeshow channel. I do edit "The Decorator's Resource (Guides and Links)" sticky thread. The Deco Events are at the top of first post so good idea to check there every so often even tho it doesn't show there is update cuz I edit top two posts. I am not good at remembering to tell people in Homeshow. I did talk about it a couple of times in homeshow and this thread did get popped up at top a couple of times too. This is pretty easy to qualify. You have time, I know you can do it! :cool:

I want to run this event again with a different theme on maybe a quarterly schedule (say end of April for next one so there is a couple weeks break from Daybreak holidays). Watch for a post shortly after Jan 22...still working on my SSHHS house so hard to think of theme right now.
  18. Edriliane Active Member

Alright, I finished my house and I sent my submission through email. I'm looking forward to see everybody's builds.

Oaky, if you have trouble picking a theme, why not ask folks on the forum ? Maybe it'll give you an idea !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I'd submitted mine even before I had much more than an idea of what to do for it...maybe I should've waited 'til I was finished -- nah, with my track record, Oaky wouldn't've known I had anything to submit until the day of... :-/

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably like 11:59 pm the day of... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.