Reading Circle

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quiarrah, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I thought it might be fun to have an in game Reading Circle. We could meet up for an hour or so every other week or something and read and discuss different publications/books.
    We will be starting off with my series: Of Romance and Terror in my Snowy Dwelling on Skyfire.
    Please send me (Quiarrah on Skyfire) an in game mail if you would be interested. I will need your name and maybe a time and day you would be interested in. If days and times are no issue, Shhh and I will try to come up with one for everyone.
    Thank you
    elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Aabari Active Member

You should call it "Reading Rainbow" after the classic tv show with Levar Burton and decorate a library with rainbows so you have a place to hang out while you do story time
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

My Snowy Dwelling is the hangout place. I dont think reading rainbow is appropriate for Romance and Terror. :)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! Of Romance and Terror -- I get it now, that's not a particular book, those are the genres (or one combined genre [though REAL vampires can be sexy {as long as no sparkling is involved}, and werewolves ah, wolf animagi can be sexy without their shirts... :D] :eek:)?

I draw the line at "sexy" before zombies ever get mentioned ("I'd give my right arm for you / It might turn out that way" or "Before you here I stand / My heart is in my hand...yecchhh")... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

LOL . . . Uwk. . . MY bood series is CALLED "Of Romance and Terror". You will have to join the Readin Circle on Skyfire if you want to see it and judge for yourself!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So...romance stories and horror stories? Horrific romances? Dances With Icky Things? ;->

(Or, just quit poking and join up already? ;->)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

8. Wulfen Active Member

Aabari, I feel I must break it to you, there already was a Reading Rainbow, created in housing by a well-known player at the time. I screenshot the entire contents, mostly books; it was one of the few real Libraries on Innothule / Crushbone / Maj'Dul server (I don't remember which era it was). Real Life intervened and it was stored in a Moving Crate. I don't know what the current status is... but human minds can't delete it.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw... :(

It was cool that it existed at one point, though! Thanks for saving it! :)

Uwk
    who's participated with other toons in "story circles," where one person, usually the moderator, would start a story off, and each person in the circle would add to it (or Pass, but that was considered fairly wussy ;->) until it wound up at the moderator again who'd wrap it up...great fun! :D I think the one I helped contribute to was for......Heroes' Festival? Maybe the Chrono holiday, not sure; it was awhile ago...hope someone wrote that down! :D
    Breanna likes this.