Nimble Rodderick- Loda Kai Isle

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Chris Thompson, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Chris Thompson Active Member

I just tried about a dozen times to take him down. We had 2 players, warlock & templar.
    We were having the same issue- we'd click a chest, kill an add, get a key, but the second chest wouldn't do anything, and we'd both drop dead. Now, I did it earlier today solo with my Illusionist, and it wasn't easy but I got it done without anything similar happening. Any ideas or advice would be welcome.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My warlock couldn't even get the first key before dying. I have to go back and try again without whatever buff it is that acts as a damage shield, because I suspect that Roddie does this on a percentage-base.
    Chris Thompson likes this.
  3. Chris Thompson Active Member

Someone posted a video in response to your post in another thread, about the Huntmaster I think. At the very end of that, after he kills the Hunter guy, he pretty much strolls up to Rodderick and wipes him with one or two shots. Was that before an upgrade to Roddy? I mean, really. We barely moved his health bar, and I was using some decent Etherealist spells.
    Edit: running it again with the Illusionist to see what works. Just spent some time clicking on a chest belonging to MY MERC!. So my merc healer, who will never click a chest, is gonna go down in the first round? Really?
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When this expansion released, as long as you kept him moving you could kill Rodderick with no problems and no script. Apparently he's been changed to enforce the script.

EDIT: Oh, and I got a chest with my merc's name on it right off the bat as well. It killed us both.
  5. Chrol Developer

It should not choose a merc for the chest. Will get that fixed.
    Chris Thompson and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Trilly Active Member

I think too, you need to right click the chests after you get the key...it shows "open" but the visual does not show it opened. Friend said, "well, if you didnt go boom" it "opened" move to next. ha! I can't even get to the next without being dead. Are we really sure this is running as intended?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That should be fixed, if it's open, it should visually appear open.
  8. Chris Thompson Active Member

Interesting. That kind of makes it sound like there should be only one chest. If there are two live players, should only one of them get a chest, or both?
  9. Eragahn Member

Having a ton of difficulty with this one as well. Attack Nimble, get adds, kill, get a key. Click chest, get killed in next second or two before can even see where the next chest is.
  10. Chrol Developer

All the one-shot death mechanics will be removed from Nimble Rodderick and Taja Verath in solo.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  11. Bogy New Member

When will the on shot in solo be fixed?
  12. Trilly Active Member

Also...what's with the summoned chests now?? summons them to him quickly but when opening have to wait for bar to advance then new one immediately and BOOM..dead. timing is all messed...please fix this questline