Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One last bit of FEEDBACK:

Next year, can we have the various Village merchants, maybe even the one you need to do stuff for the gobboes before he'll deign to sell to you, be guaranteed to have the Heirloom-tagged stuff? That way, we a) won't have to worry about making sure our alts can get everything before the holiday runs out (and trust me; not even 1,014 chances [presuming all my Thurgadin Hordelings have to be there all the way, every 18 hours, from 12/08 in the morning to the end at 11:59 pm] can be enough, sometimes, to avoid much stress), and b) we paradoxically won't run the risk of getting too many Heirloom-Only things we can't get rid of. :-/ Hey, if the recipe books are Heirloom, why not the old Santa Glug gifties? ;->

It'd also open up more "oldies but goldies" to come back in the Old Gifties, or maybe limit the number of Old Gifties; if the Heirloom-Only ones are available through the merchants, we could've either used the A Tundra Snapper slot for something else, or only had 6 oldies to give out and 10 new gifties, or not had ulcers over the Sugar Sweet Dreams or Tan Frosttail Reindeer pets, knowing they'd be available next year. :)

And please, for the love of all that's holy, Kaitheel: CAN WE PLEASE PUT THE DUCKS (ALL OF THEM) JUST ON THE MERCHANTS? PLEASE?? :mad: For "them's 'at want's 'em," if they want to buy them for silver or even gold, fine (requiring E'ci Tokens would be a bit much). If there's folks out there who WANT 31 gods-damned A Domestic Mallard per server (which I've run into more than once this season), then they should have the option to fill their Personal Dojos with them, which is what I intend to do, though not of my desire. They'll be keeping company with any and all excess A Tundra Snapper (though those are okay, I like them, good watch-beasts, but...) and as many Roasted Fowl-type-looking dishes that I can stuff into a 900-slot count, very small, two-room prestige house ("See these platters, with the steaming, lovely, succulent former relatives of yours? I get one more of you lot, YOU'RE ALL WINDING UP LIKE THAT. If the Snappers don't get you all first. Hope you can fly."). >:-/

Thank goodness the ducks aren't Heirloom and can be traded/gifted/Brokered for a few million plat each/held in reserve 'til next Frostfell, when hopefully my RNG chances won't be cluttered up with them any more but I'll still need some trading leverage for things I actually want/need. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my Uwkete you got 31 toons on that server ?We NEED more Ducks gold ones , white ones and brown ones and pink ones too .
    I suggest that the Yeti in the Goblins Gifty house drops his plushy at a chance to get back that old favorite , if possible a standing one too .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, this was on two different servers, one of which I only have 17 toons on. Fine. For people that want ducks of varying types, o devs, have the merchants SELL THEM. I don't think I'm alone in the desire to NOT have my limited RNG chances taken up by entirely too gods-damned many ducks. >:-/

Hell, sell them on the Marketplace in the Frostfell section; 87 different kinds of ducks in one Flood the World bundle. Given the devs' historic allergies to making money, that's a sure way to get them onto the Village merchants for mere silver and/or gold. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I can see it now , Uwkete's house and a table with roasted fowl and 30 ducks around the table putting Frostfell wreaths on top of their fallen comrades , weeping .

And the spirits of the murdered birds will come and haunt the kitty in his sleep with a quacking concert .
    Can you imagine 100 quaking ducks in one small room , all night .:eek:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

mmmh, I imagine them in my FF dungeon! (mmmh, I should only have 50ish ducks tbh)
    I also fully imagine said ducks all roasted! Yummy!
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ehehe I love roasted duck :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK, EROLLISI DAY: I know this is waaay early, for which I apologize, Kaitheel, but for Erollisi Day 2021, can we please get the name of:

More Romantic Gifts to Craft

changed across the board (mainly for our older toons, 'cause it doesn't seem to be a problem for those made after a certain date, but didn't they think we'd have more than two Erollisi Days back then?) to:

Romantic Gifts to Craft II

please, please, o please? :D

Shouldn't take more than a relatively simple Search and Replace, I should think. :)

Uwk
    who was going mad searching for recipes from that book, as well as wondering whether or not I ever got the "missing" book from my list of Romantic Gifts to Craft->Romantic Gifts to Craft III->Romantic Gifts to Craft IV->etc. :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

This change was made years ago (October of '09), but the nature of recipe books meant that those who had already scribed the book were stuck with the name. Characters shopping for the recipe books on the Erollisi merchant should find all of them named "Romantic Gifts to Craft [roman numeral]".

~ Kaitheel
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! So, would it be worth my while (not caring about the silver and change it would "cost" :D) to get the new name book, or would it think that I'd already scribed it?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It probably would think you already have it scribed. I have a bunch of weirdly names books in my recipe list like that one (including the old 90 books that were changed pretty fast and stuff like that). That's why I always asked for a search box in the recipe BOOKS list, at least it would make stuff a lot easier to find.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.