Homeshow Wishlists

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nuggetmachine Member

Can we please have house actors show chat bubbles? Tired of squinting at the bottom right of my monitor. :p:p
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And not everyone has their chat channel window open all the time; many videographers turn off all their windows to have a smoother visual flow, for example. At least if the Actors are moving, it could be presumed that they're saying something, but if the Message Ranges aren't carefully tweaked, you could also get the wrong message from the wrong place at the wrong time... (/raising_paw) :oops: Word balloons might help with that, but again, not if everything's been F10'ed off; they might not show up then? :-/

And I vote that giving them some sort of name ought to be a requirement as well as race, or at least a sad nag, officially messaged: "Are you sure you're done with this Actor? Don't you want to name him/her [which could depend on the gender you chose]?"

Uwk
    Cassta, Breanna and Nuggetmachine like this.
  3. Ladislava Active Member

Rightio here we go. Hoarder extraordinaire here. I'm going to list some things I wrote down and I'm sure that other people have listed them but I'm not trying to read 44 pages of lists :).
    -Tulips-we have lots of lovely plants but when I decorate for spring I'd love some tulips in all sorts of colors. Reds, whites, pinks, yellows.
    -Pink Misty bell plant-again with the spring colors. The blues are nice buutttt to me that's more of a frosty color.
    -MISTY TILES-OMG I can't say this enough. Give us the rainbow colors because we can mix and match for other colors. I can overlay the blue and red and get a purpley pink color. But I'd love some green, black, orange, yellow tiles. I mean can you imagine for NoTD putting an orange misty tile over a black marble?
    -Dark green marble-the green they put in for Brewday is nice I'd like a nice solid dark green marble. Heck along with it make the green marble like the wall in the Freeport set with the cream swirls (bathroom counters-admit it you wished they had smaller tiles for that).
    -Flowered shrubs-in other colors. I love the purple flowered ones but give me pinks, reds, blues, and whites!
    I'm sure I'll be back later because somewhere on my desk I have a running list of I wish I hads :)
    Manyoshu, Kattt, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Apparently, according to Garden Guides, there are up to 10 different colors: "white, cream, yellow, red, pink, purple, violet, orange, salmon, green, and a mixed category that includes vermilion, brown, black, bronze, maroon and apricot. Blue is the one color that not available in tulip bulbs."

That's a shame; that's one color I'd like to see myself. Well, that's Earth tulips for you; this is Norrath. ;)

Definitely second both those latter notions! A dark green marble that's like the black marble for Freeport (with inclusion swirls) would be awesome. Maybe more definitely golden swirls in the green to "lighten" it up just a smidge. :)

Still kind of disappointed in the "dirty" marble of Gorowyn and Neriak, especially the red marble. :-/

Heh, same here. :)

Uwk
  5. Rushd Active Member

I was looking for the newer Lucan statue only to find it's no longer available. This should be added to Loyalty like AB's please. However, I found something much better on my original toon that isn't even on EQ2 furniture. In memory of Christopher Lee, bring back the original Overlord Lucan D'Lere statue that has Christopher Lee's voiceovers..... it's awesome. So many different lines from the statue. His b-day and death anniversary is coming up, it would be a nice tip of the hat to someone who really added so much to this game in the early days.
  6. Valandra Member

I often go to the Arcanna'se Spire instances and wish we could have The honeycomb floor as tiles and beautiful stained glass windows as in game items.. I tried to link a photo, but it didn't work. They are so beautiful though.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some of those items are craftable, actually. The recipes are in Bloody Tooth Advanced Carpentry (recipe purchased from Scribbleclaw in Obulus Frontier (requires at least 30,000 faction with Bloody Tooth Clan).
  8. Valandra Member

Yes and I love those recipes! Not the same windows as the ones I took screenshots of but they are great and I use them alot in decorating. I would really really love to have the honeycomb tiles as flooring. I think they would look awesome in a bathroom. Probably wont happen, alas it is fun to dream. :)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For posting screenshots here in the forums, there are a lot of articles out there (Search for post screenshot or some such and it should work), but just for a refresher:

1. Get a third-party image hosting site. Sadly, we can't upload images directly here from our hard drives (I know; I've tried :-/). I like to use DeviantArt.

2. Publish your screenshot in your site however it's done. I always put in the description something along the lines of, "Screen image from Everquest 2, owned by Daybreak Games. All rights reserved" etc., etc., etc. to keep my tail out of any shredders. ;->

3. What I do on ol' DA after that:
    a. Right-click on the image. A drop-down menu will ensue, complete with one of the options being View Image. I click on that.
    b. A completely separate page will come up, with a black screen, the image, and the URL of the image itself in the blank line at the top. This page's URL, for example, is:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/homeshow-wishlists.73/page-44#post-6647272

c. Highlight and copy the URL of the image.
    d. Return here. Open a post (if I hadn't already) and find a place to insert the image, like in a Word file.
    e. Click on the li'l icon in the formatting tool bar at the top of the post that has a tree on it in a landscape. That's the Insert/edit image button.
    f. Wait for the sub-window to pop up (sometimes it can take awhile; be patient). There's a blank line for Enter image URL: where I'll paste the URL of the image, then click the Insert button.

4. Ta-dah! Image inserted! :)

Uwk
    Cassta, Breanna and Valandra like this.
  10. Valandra Member

Thank you so much! :)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No prob'! :)

Good luck! :D

Uwk
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  12. Valandra Member

That worked! These are the windows and floor tiles I was saying would be awesome to have in game as house items for decorating :) Thanks again Uwkete <3
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! Glad it worked! :)

And yeah, those are cool windows; wouldn't mind having those as well...flatten out the bottom part before the curves start and make it another cool stained glass door. :)

Uwk
    Valandra, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

YES, YES, YES! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

Great idea about a door!
  16. Lera Well-Known Member

But the statues are on there.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Claimed from a wrapped statue - EverQuest II DVD edition.

Having them on the loyalty merchant would be nice. I'd also like to have the rest of the claimable paintings on there, including the ones from Desert of Flames and the original Collector's Edition.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Rushd Active Member

wasn't when i looked under statues, but seems stuff moves around a lot under categories
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cassta like this.
  18. Rushd Active Member

Valandra and Cassta like this.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting furniture migrates?

They're under Sculptures. I'll add them to Statues.
  20. Lera Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting furniture migrates?

They're under Sculptures. I'll add them to Statues.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.