Server Maintenance - January 5, 2021

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jan 4, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update Notes can be found in the News section of our website.
    Pantero likes this.
  2. Dockter Well-Known Member

No fix for AA trees?
  3. Franklyn New Member

Notes for update? Anything? We are having a lot of issues that I know that are being reported in bug reports.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

There is a link in that announcement that takes you directly to the notes.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Click on the link in his post above - they're now posted on the website instead of the fourms.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  6. Catatonia Member

No fix for the Collector's edition Mercenary (Chumba) that we paid for but is now locked in a level restricted zone... or the fluff mount that also is worthless till max level...do the people that sold us the Collector's edition actually communicate with the team that makes this stuff worthless to anyone but max level players.. seems almost like a scam to have players pay and not receive what they paid for...
  7. Dockter Well-Known Member

Additional notes added; still no AA fix...
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Judging by how much of a mess they are, I think that may be highly complicated and need some time. The fixes they've done are simpler and are for things affecting gameplay currently, so it seems sensible to me to start there. Fingers crossed for future patches as so far we've had no acknowledgement that anything is even wrong with the AA's.

I do hope though, looking at the patch notes, that fixing typos takes up a tiny amount of development time as there are far more important issues not in the list.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

dont underestimate a typo fix. chrol said in discord that the gloweyes owlbear heroic name dont dropping stacks is due to a typo
  10. Milena New Member

will the overseers be adapted to the new addon?
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's interesting that the notes don't mention a fix to the weekly quest achievements.
  12. Rougad New Member

No fix for autoattacks in raid that were turned off last week?
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension isn't a requirement to play the game, haha.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Or when collecting feedback from the players!
    Tkia likes this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, sometimes it's difficult to distinguish from feedback vs. whining. Another has to do with credibility of the player offering the feedback. Mostly, and I could be wrong, I really can't say that there's a uniform, consistent process for submitting "feedback" or even if player feedback is either asked for or wanted. The only one I could point to would be the beta forums. Otherwise, I don't know there's a standard system in place for "feedback." I wouldn't say it's the 'Bug Reporting,' that yields random results. Grasping Bones and other missing spells from BoL still missing in action a year later. A year. Draw your own conclusions from that piece of information. It can be frustrating for everyone.
    Breanna and Hoaxes like this.
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah kinda what I was referring to. Should have been more specific.

With regards to the rest of your post, your points are absolutely valid in most situations, but we have to take history into account. "Whining" and sarcasm etc become the tone when being civil and constructive have fallen on deaf ears. Not many people start out with a negative attitude. Also, treat people like children and they'll act like children.

It's also reciprocal. Let's not forget Kander's morale-boosting "guys, if you don't like it, don't play it" in response to negative feedback.
    Let's also not forget all the arbitrary discord bans for the tiniest bit of negative feedback, or sometimes just for your unrelated post appearing next to a negative post.

I could go on. Let's just say we have to keep in mind the history when judging people's negative attitudes on here, and in all honesty, so should the devs if/when deciding who to listen to feedback from. Just because someone is sick of bashing their head against a brick wall and has become demoralised and negative, doesn't mean they stopped caring about the game or that their feedback is invalid. If you choose to only listen to feedback from those who polish your ego, well, who hasn't heard of the Emperor's New Clothes?
    Tkia, AOE1, Bhayar and 1 other person like this.
  17. Latraviata Member

Good morning:) I am trying to get into the game but it says servers are locked. However, I checked server status and they all seem to be open. I verified my files but no luck. I could use some suggestions please. Thank you:)
  18. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello i am

waiting for a patch that has do adjust the DPS from all Pet using classes , pets.
    Same on Ranger thier must be somthing realy descalculated.
    Beastlord // Necro // Conj // Channeler pets ar totaly op by the miscalculation of the Adornment set proc which is called the HP Set > Life // Grwoth // Earth.

We have parses from BL only on the broken pets like 1 Trillion and more same but not so hard on Necro and Conj, the class balancing went totaly wrong pet casters are totaly OP now and all DD Classes who used to be T1 except the Ranger arent pos to to reach the same Level in DPS the wont come near thier DPS output.

One of our best Wizzards since years has falllen back like 100B beyond the Necro // Conj // Ranger // BL and the all have nearly equal stats in Pot // CB // Fervor etc.

Same big and not acceptable change is the AA ABillity cut off in the USe Of Decimation on the Warlock.
    Decimation was the replacement of Apocalypse all Warlocks spent much time and maybe DBC to level it up on Ancinet and now the spell is useless and worthless to cast.
    The reduction of Decimatiuons Spell DPS was ok because its was indeed Over Powerd but the take away or cut off on the AA Abillity ( Intand cast ) was not ok, this abillity exsists since Apocalypse was implemented yars ago and since this point it was part of the AA Tree at Warlock so please fix this back this is a huge downgrade for all Warlocks and the 2nd big DPS cut off after you have taken the 2nd Hit // Shot off Rift in Chaos Descending.

So whats next you cut off in DPS on Warlocks??? Warlocks and Wizzards are the origin MAGE T1 DPS and if you wanna be T1 DD so you should play T1 if you chose Necro or Conj for more simple playstyle dont complain about your lower DPS you are supposed to do less DPS than a T1 thats the game it was planed from SOE in the past.

At least on Warlock and Wizzards DPS was done a compleet misscalculation in some line of the Base Damage expeansion after expansion the Warlock is doing more and more less DPS in compleet compared to all other DD classes so this should be fixed fast and pretty.

Dont get me wrong , i dont want a one button wonder but we want to be able if T1 and T2 isnt any more to do the same DPS or More if a skilled player like other DD classes we are F°°°CKED up enough now the Barrel of nervs has swaped over.

Helfiren
    PS Necro and Conj 300 up to 400B Wizzy and Warlock with nearly same stats and enough Resolve 150-250maybe only a thing i saw on ACT in ROS Raids.

Something went realy wrong !!!!!!!
    Lysia likes this.
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Servers are still locked because a secondary maintenance on vchat had to be extended. The current ETA on unlock now is 10:30 AM PST.
    Breanna, Pantero and Hoaxes like this.
  20. Madusa Impactful

• Fixed a bug with Enhance: Dark Heart that prevented Miragul's Dark Heart Summoning from granting hearts.
    Yay!! This was so annoying.
    Breanna likes this.