RoS Heroics really hard?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Neack, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Neack New Member

So we are 4 people that like to play togheter (SK, wiz, fury and troub) and we have done the new sig line and many of the achievements to get gear and our resolve to about 4750. Last night we tried a heroic instance and our tank keeps geting one hit by trash!?! Is there something we are missing? What do we need to do before being able to do the heroics?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Doubt you can 4 man a dungeon at this point. Even with mercs. Starting out, you'll likely need 2 healers, a full group and decent dps. I've only done a couple heroics so far.

But the ones we did were pretty scripted. (Loda Kai & the Needlite Queen in EC) if you miss the script requirements, you usually die.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would suggest, if you haven't done so yet, upgrading your horse tack and adorns. I typed up some info on easy-to-make stat boosts you might check.

The Event Heroics will probably be too hard at the moment. Fort Grim will need two tanks, since the butcher pair have to be kept separated. I ran Quarry Quandary with a PUG and there were some tough spots (we died a few times), but we got through it.

Generally, an expansion's sig line leads you through solo instances in order of increasing difficulty, so that would suggest trying heroics in this order:
    1. Echo Caverns: Quarry Quandary [Heroic]
    2. Echo Caverns:Fungal Foray [Heroic]
    3. Savage Weald: Chaotic Caverns [Heroic]
    4. Shadeweaver's Thicket: Feral Reserve [Heroic]
    5. Shadeweaver's Thicket: Untamed Lands [Heroic]
    6. Vex Thal: Shadow Citadel [Heroic]
    7. Echo Caverns: Zelmie Sortie [Event Heroic]
    8. Savage Weald: Fort Grim [Event Heroic]
    9. Shadeweaver's Thicket: Loda Kai Isle [Event Heroic]
    Maynards, Jam175 and Doobius40504 like this.
  4. Neack New Member

Thank you for the advice! =)
  5. Nekre Active Member

Wait hold up. Theirs a Vex Thal Heroic, Unelss you mistaken put that and meant Siege Break.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

Only zone in for me on Vex is the solo and a raid. Think it's just a mistype.
  7. Nekre Active Member

I was bout to go run it if it was a zone lol
    Melt and Priority like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a Vex Thal Solo and Raid, and I just got all wild and crazy cutting and pasting.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Kaldrun Member

yeah, you need 6 people. The xpac just came out. If the heroics were already able to be done with less than a full group the game would be in more trouble than it already is.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Priority Well-Known Member

We had no issues clearing heroics on day 1 with 5 people. It's a resolve/dps check on most of them. If you can kill them in 30s or less, they don't really do anything. There are a few exceptions.

Not saying that's the norm, but it is definitely doable.

Lower dps groups with around 250-260k pot should be fine if they figure out the scripts and execute.
    Melt likes this.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

@priority - well with a well geared toon with good set up for pet is doing 200-400 billion dps all on it own - all the zones are doable because you are avoiding the scripts for the most part (expect maybe siege break).

For those us tank groups without that - we have to follow the scripts - and that makes the heroic zones feel like raid zones.
  12. Twisty Well-Known Member

that's a good thing imo. "feeling like raid zones" on-xpac-just-launched isn't (shouldn't?) be an insult, it just means content is of higher design quality that a wider % of audience gets to experience. i don't get why we talking about it like it's a problem instead of giving the design team props for a small slice of what can be said is a success this xpac launch among the sea of issues?
  13. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Remember Aerie - no wanted to that zone unless they absolutely had to. All this zones feel like that for the average player.

And yes, when I tank groups for "raid guilds" the zones are easier than for most groups. In my guild, my group has gotten 7 of 9 zones down so far - Untamed Lands (final name), and Siege Break to go.

Of course - I think the update on Jan 5th will hopefully fix some known bugs that make the zones even harder than intended.
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

That's literally what I said. Thanks for repeating it.
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

some of the mechanics are a bit over the top for normal heroics - hunter lady in loda kai, the desolator (too many things happening at the same time: select right door - port - dispel - joust - joust)

brother and sister in fort grim are also very annoying, i hate boss separation mechanics in normal heroics
  16. Twisty Well-Known Member

aerie was annoying because u couldn't see s*it for half the zone with all the jungle camera angles and because other zones were face-roll ppl didn't like do it due to gravity of laziness always rolling the ball away from it. if all or most zones are of same engagement level, it'll become the new normal and it'll be fine.

without being elitist when i ask this, i want to genuenly understand what makes these zones hard for your groups. is it just having to follow a script vs not having a script to follow, or is there more to this? let's discount the justfiable annoyances called out below.

i agree lodakai 1st boss lacks usability testing - there are no in-game affordances to figure out the shooting mechanic; needs to have a white ground targetting marker and message about ducking when u dont. desolator script is fine just too tedious; there really isn't much going on - needs to happen every 20% not every 10%. the sibling grimlings immunity comes on too fast, needs to have another couple secs leniency before it sets in to compensate for poorly synchronized pulls.
  17. Teld Member

1st off, do you really have individuals doing 200-400b dps in a group?

2nd - i think the biggest thing i noticed in heroics is that there is almost zero room for error on most fights. If you fail a script it is a instant wipe. I expect this in a raid, but not heroics. Just give me a little room for error.

That being said, i would expect some things to be adjusted slightly on the first patch, but I do enjoy the difficulty from launch.
  18. Twisty Well-Known Member

trivial to so for BLs or any t1 dps with the p2w xpac familiar at lvl10

there are only 2, may be 3 if u count sugar click, such mobs i can think of and one of them is just clearly not tested for usability (shame). do-script-or-wipe-immediately is really not as prevalent as it feels to be made out in this thread. not doing the script can likely lead to wiping on a lot more than that - sure, but those are very different things and the latter is not rly a problem at all imo. there is plenty of room for keyboard-turners, mouse-clickers and decorators making errors after you've died once on the rest of the fights and have some idea what's happening.
  19. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

@twisty - I think you know me a tank, and that I will run PUGs once I know that zones. But right now, that is not happening. Waiting to see what fixes are put into play on 1/5. I don't mind following scripts, but scripts need to doable with average groups (once the script has been explained). Currently, only groups with major dps are getting thru some of these zones due to bugs and adjustments that need to be made.

@teld - yeah there are players with pet class toons doing 200 to 500 billion dps in a group. Great when you get one of them - of course - they are always available :)

And yeah - I think this scenario has happened since CD with heroics - that start overly hard and then get adjusted.
  20. Nekre Active Member

Ive ran 2 pugs, and they did just fine. The strats are NOT overly complicated. Some are a bit rough if you are undergeared sure. But most strats are easily executable