Final Holiday Bonuses and Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 24, 2020.

1. The Fonz Active Member

Wouldn't someone getting double personal status automatically count as also getting double guild status, but getting double guild status doesnt always mean that you get double personal status?
    WhysperWynde and Lateana like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Double personal status: the character gets double status for all events/items that CAN be doubled.
    Double guild status: any status that would count toward guild status gets doubled.
    If both happen at the same time, guilds get (mostly) x4 status, but the numbers do matter.

Items that don't double for personal status are worth holding onto for a double guild status event.
    Juraiya and Tkia like this.
  3. The Fonz Active Member

Sure, but if you contribute 10% of your personal status to guild status and you get 100 personal status, then 10 goes to guild. If you double your personal status to 200, then 20 goes to guild. So doubling personal auto increase your guild contribution. But the reciprocal is not true.
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and Lateana like this.
  4. Jaxyn Member

Thank you, Dreamweaver :) Hope you all had a Merry Frostfell and will have a terrific New Year.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Some items, when sold, don't double, even during double personal status. Hence, selling them during double personal status yields no increase. Selling those same items during double guild status, however, yields the same personals status, but double status for the guild.
    Double personal status != double guild status.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  6. Khayos Member

how exactly does double XP and Loot work on Kaladim? I am in Klakanon right now and i am getting neither? are there limitations, outside world only maybe?
  7. Enquirer New Member

"Now through 12/30/2020 - Limited Time: Mount Training Drops" - Where are these dropping ??

- Been through every RoS solo instance multiple times, and various heroics = 0 Mount Training Drops :/
    - In fact, the solo mission crates have been entirely lackluster giving only the same gear repeatedly which is lower in stats than that obtained through completing sigline and other quests. Heroic mission crates provide some gear upgrades but seeing alot of duplicates as well.

One friend of mine said he will be petitioning this repitition of unusable gear from crates..

Others on Skyfire saying the same thing...
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Not true Scrooge was able to learn the error of his ways, this management team is incapable of such a feat.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  9. Akkiryoku New Member

Regardless with ROS Guild Advancement tokens guild status items really aren't necessary for leveling your guild. Me and one other person took our guild from lvl 150-340 just running our mains through the ROS TS and SQ lines.

Happy Holidays everyone!
    WhysperWynde and Beee like this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I am very happy for the end of 2020 Sales and Bonuses and want to take this opportunity to THANK Dreamweaver, DarkPaw Studio, Daybreak Games and the ROCKING SOCKING GREATEST GAMING COMMUNITY ON TERRUS OR NORRATH = THE EQ2 FELLOWSHIP OF GAMING PLAYERS for the greatest and most funfilled 2020 ever! (Yes I know there will only be ONE 2020 A.D. but I mean the Best Gaming Year Ever for me and hubby)
    Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  11. Sanara New Member

FYI to all non-members: Double XP and Double Status is for members only, unfortunately. No point in me getting membership, I don't play that often. I just wish this staff would state this at the beginning so as to not get our hopes up :(
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  12. mrswebster9847 Member

I'm pretty sure you can sub for just one month and then cancel or buy a krono to get the double xp bonus.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  13. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Good idea mrwebster9847. And Dreamweaver could you please put a bug into somebody's ear whose in charge of Guild Double XP and ask them to please give it at least once here at beginning of new year 2021 for these poor people who keep asking for it. Seems to me that my guilds should be happy with the 10% of my Double SP that they get; but whataire ...
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can't if you currently have no income which is sadly the case for many people in the present difficult situation.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  15. mrswebster9847 Member

:rolleyes:
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Why do Kaladim's go until the 6th, and ours end on the 4th?
    Rarkevan likes this.
  17. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Kaladim is situated in Australia whilst the rest of us are in servers from California.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That isn't really an answer. I think the announcement originally said that the XP bonus ended on the 6th like the Kaladim server's does, and that it got ninja-changed later. I could be wrong, but I was unpleasantly surprised when I went back to ask about that, and discovered that it ends the day before Frostfell ends. I had been counting on the extra day after Frostfell, and if it was ninja-changed, I think others will be, too.

Where the servers are located is irrelevant. The players are located in the same locations as one another, whether playing on live or Kaladim.
    Tedra likes this.
  19. Tedra New Member

Agreed - why does Kaladim get extra double xp days?
  20. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I would word it that way. What I would ask is: "Why did we get our double XP/status days shortened?" We get so few double status events that having it shortened even by a day is puzzling.

I don't know why DBG is so stingy with them to begin with. It's not like giving members a bonus for XP or status costs them anything, and it encourages membership, I would think.
    Breanna likes this.