Conj at 93 is bad?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Decipio, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Decipio New Member

So just went to tranquil sea at 93 to start to run the sig quest to try to get to 100 for pom, and im gettimg destroyed by the regular trash mobs around the docks when you zone in, im prdtty sure im getting harmtouched on the pet but hes constantly destroyed - im in 90 gear expert scout and adept tank pet's.

Does anyone have a good solo aa build i can look at, maybe a cast order?

Im using myztic merc, the one from frostfang - i am sure i need a better one but not zure which one to get, advise would be appreciated

Is this the best place to level to 100?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Go to Skyshrine, it's better.
  3. Decipio New Member

I keep seeing Skyshrine being brought up... You mean just run around killing everything, correct? or is there some instance or somesuch I should be looking for?
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is a timeline for Skyshrine, but yes,most people just run around and grind by killing stiff in the open versions of the zones.

Did you get your epic weapon? Because at this point, you really want to be using the Planeswalker pet.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

Just do the Othmir repeatable in the Great Divide. Kill 6 crabs and turn it in. The NPC is just a few meters away from the quest mobs and takes 30 seconds to do the quest.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Do the quest line in Skyshrine. A lot of it involves just running around killing stuff, but the mobs also drop quest starters. They will give more xp than simply killing stuff.
    Summoners are never bad and always awesome!
    Mercs have had a fairly heavy nerf, I'll bet that is what you're feeling now. The lesser the quality of the merc, the more it will suck. You really need to level them up and put gear on them. It doesn't need to be merc gear, any gear will do.
    There's a number of mercs available on the broker, one you might consider buying and leveling up is Zel'Kriaz? (spelling) that one is Celestial.
    For a build have a look at Faldrex [120 Conjuror] - Halls of Fate - EQ2U - Character Details (eq2wire.com)
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.