Server Maintenance - December 17, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 16, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 7:00 AM PST (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update Notes can be found in the News section of our website.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Notes have been updated. Updated Notes are marked with an *. 7:01`PM PST - 12/16/20
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Nice that most of the improvements for wards are corrected, but "Legionnair's Wrath" from the Crusaders is still missing.
    • Improves the potency of profession spells by 5% of your strength.
    That means that it would also have to have an effect on the professional spell wards of the crusaders, but it doesn't!
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Patch notes aren't going to be posted in the forums any more?
    Breanna, WhysperWynde, Carynn and 2 others like this.
  5. Ameuco Member

Was this caused by the RoS patch or a pre-existing bug?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, what gives? :-/

Just trying to increase traffic to the main website? :(

Uwk
    wondering: are the Forums going to be supported any more, or is this a harbinger of things to come? :(
    Breanna, Naramsin and Juraiya like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was wondering; lots of asterisks, seemingly without a referenced note at the end, which is where such things are usually placed. Had to go back up to the top to catch what I'd missed. :-/

Uwk
    (by the way, it's "an" not "and" in a lot of those bullet points, and it's only "it's" if it's a contraction of "it" and "is"; if it ain't, leave its format alone ;->)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'd think it'd be across the board, if they were applying it to all fighter types at once (I'm presuming "strength" = Strength, the official ability for fighters? Don't get me wrong; I appreciate that we don't have to worry about the weight we're lugging around any more, but paring down all our abilities to two per category is a bit much [still])...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Patch notes have been moved to the website for a few reasons, 1. More formatting options than the forums. 2. For big patch notes like the one with all the AA changes the forums don't allow any sort of table formatting and the website does (albeit with lots of edits). 3. The website is more accessible for lots of people, sometimes forums can all get rolled into someone work firewall.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll at least be continued to be linked here. I don't remember the last time I went directly to the eq2 website...
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

They will be, I had some minor pet emergencies in the middle of posting so I had to run to the vet and forgot to link in Updates as well. I did link to them in the original post and will continue to do that. There will always be a way to get you there from the forums.

Also Uwk, the only thing it's a sign of is that the forum software is older and less robust than I would like it to be and a lot more things can be done via the website.
  12. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Oh no!! Is @Ttobey OK?! :p

(And I hope the furry kids are ok, too)
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Ttobey is fine...well as fine as he can be. The furry kids are also okay now, just have a sick one that their vet had a spot open up so I got a sooner appointment for them and I had to rush out.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Glad your fur babies are OK. :)

Some of the things that the notes say are fixed, aren't fixed - at least not entirely. A few of the fixes they tried have actually caused more problems, like actually removing some barding completely from some players' inventories. I hope these things get fixed; I sympathize with the players who have lost equipment because of it. I don't honestly know if that one has affected me; I'm OCD about keeping track of a lot of information in the game, but what barding I have for each character and mount isn't one of them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Count this as my vote to make Uwk the official Forum Formatter for Everquest 2

Welcome back Uwk! It's been an age!
  16. TheStudent New Member

So why are the patch notes done to where you dont see clearly what is a nerf and what is a buff. If im understanding correctly, there have been AA and class changes but you have to have memorized the values before the update to know what got buffed and nerfed. Any help with this would be great on understanding the patch notes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

*sprays tea accross the room* Good god man, transparency about mechanics changes would go against decades of tradition, dating back to the old days of SoE!
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

be more carful what you read before you take a sip of tea you sprayed it all over this forum thread .

Amm , what's going on with the server reset , or more important weren't we supposed to get mid expansion
    contend today on Kaladim ?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Okay, thanks; that's reassuring. :)

And yeah, I can understand the bit about these forums might be verboten at work... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of Bards (heh! see what I did there? :D), all my Troubadours and Dirges are having all sorts of spasms about their abilities now, every time I log in with them. Sadly, I have to run them all through the Santug gifty schedule, so I don't have time to try to hammer down whatever's happening to them, but I've been seeing that Official Message of the Day, about flushing every single AA point I have in them and starting over from scratch/blank. Will that do it? Will I go through that with all of them (and I have 10 Bards; 6 T/4 D), only to have it not "take" and blow up all over again the next time I log in? :(

Uwk
    who doesn't actually have Barding on anyone; sorry for hijacking your post, Jura... :-/
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.