Server Maintenance - December 15, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Lamesbond007 New Member

I have been refreshing server status every minute now. I need them servers back up!
    Ghoulbie likes this.
  2. Gu77ed New Member

And Tom's response would probably be something like:
    "Yeah, look on the bright side. It's better than not having sideburns like this guy"
    Lamesbond007 likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Your age is showing! Er, and so is mine! :p
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Arcos Active Member

What would be really useful if when on the Character Select screen there could be an audible sound to say I'm unlocked. Not all of us sit with eyes glued on the CS screen and are perhaps doing other things. :)
    Lamesbond007 likes this.
  5. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

I refresh like.. every hour, then go back to playing Guild Wars 2 while I wait. Sadly, my plans of making a Vah'Shir Paladin and getting him up to level 20 went out the window today since it seems like the game's going to be down for the majority of the day, I'm a low-energy person so.. by the time it's back up, I won't have the energy to play.

But is fine, there's always tomorrow. lol
    Lamesbond007 and Thundarez like this.
  6. OldLitlleTurtule New Member

It's UP! !!! ;):p
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  7. Kentros New Member

Name probably taken, but I would have loved to create a Vah'Shir character named "Tomcat Petty the Heartbreaker" in tribute to the greatest bard of all time
  8. Lamesbond007 New Member

Some servers are popping up!! Cheers everyone !!
    WhysperWynde and dreamweaver like this.
  9. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Now I am thirsty!

Bartender! A whole bottle of Absinthe, stat!
    Lamesbond007 likes this.
  10. Gu77ed New Member

11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I am Guilty of that as well, but it's all good!
    Siren likes this.
  12. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Excellent! It is up!

I am going in!
    Siren likes this.
  13. Gojiria Member

My twitch over their choice is that they chose to release the game on server maintenance day. The release should NOT have been done on maintenance day. It should have been done on a day where half of the players weren't logging in first thing Tuesday morning expecting to begin the expac.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

downtime was due to expac launch, they cant launch expac without this kind of downtime
    this is not new
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Release will always be on maintenance day. That's the way these things work for every single company that does live service games.
    WhysperWynde and Naramsin like this.
  16. Decipio New Member

Not that I'm aware of, but whatever flips your skirt?
  17. Gojiria Member

Sorry to have not seen the reply. So wow. REALLY? That's the industry standard? To make a game totally unavailable for a huge portion of it's opening day? REALLY??? Your industry needs a kick in it's *** if that's it's "standard".

If my show was unavailable for the first three hours of it's run, we'd be laughed out of the park. Literally. I'm a guildmaster of a renaissance faire guild that performs at various festivals across two states. If our festivals turned away our guests for the first three hours of every opening day, we'd be laughed out of business.

Standards sure have fallen in recent times. You should look to better them instead of making excuses about being in line with something that's a bad idea in the first place.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

lol this is a dead horse, how do you propose them putting out new code and database changes for the expac without maintenance?

or do you want them to have a whole day downtime and then launch the day after?