Server Maintenance - December 15, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Lenyana New Member

What is the difference between offline and locked?
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Offline means the servers are 100% shut down, Locked means they are "online" but they are closed for any finishing touches/maintenance/patch applications.
    Siren and ianiention like this.
  3. Thundarez Member

It's my understanding that historically, locked means it's closer to you being able to log in. However, it appears to have been locked for a couple of hours, so I don't have a Scooby. Fingers crossed it's the last hour.
  4. Thundarez Member

Have to say though, I made a new dude with the new race and it's looks boss. So looking forward to creating another dumb alt.
  5. Lenyana New Member

Thank you. I guess it is the light at the end of the tunnel lol :D
    Rarkevan likes this.
  6. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Here's some suggestions to you whiners out there:
    --->Get some breakfast
    --->Sounds like you didn't get much sleep, so go take a nap
    --->Get some lunch
    --->Take another nap
    --->Play a game of Solitaire or some other cellphone game
    --->Take another nap
    --->Do some house cleaning
    --->Take another nap
    Before you know it, EQ2 and Reign of Shadows will be up and running, and Wow! You caught up on alot of sleep and Several RL Essentials!
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Add some booze to your coffee. Drink. Refill. Repeat as needed until servers come back up.

(2) Cook some actual food. Maybe order delivery or pickup from somewhere?

(3) Snuggle up to your honey and see if you can't figure out something to do to pass the time.
  8. ŞɸƦѦ Member

Anyone able to tell me if the new mount(s) will have stats on TLE?
  9. SynnikuL Active Member

No, 75 mb would be a small patch. This is a major update and I downloaded at least 3 GB here in U.S. when I just ran launcher.
  10. ianiention New Member

my update was 4GB just now in the UK
  11. Tannie Member

I just re-ran launcher and its doesn't download anything more....
  12. WolfosDerimor New Member

So, anyone knows if it's going to be up again soon? I'm a newbie in here and i just got ahold of the maintenance after i spend 10 minutes creating a character
  13. RoyalWatcher New Member

Patience is a virtue; or a curse depending on attitude :p
  14. Kentros New Member

15. Thundarez Member

Yeah, look on the bright side. It's better than having sideburns like this guy
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They went down at 6AM Pacific, for an approximately 6-hour downtime, so... Real Soon Now™.
  17. Ghoulbie New Member

Dang really just throwing some casual shade at Tom Petty huh
  18. Thundarez Member

Should be mate, although if they've hit a snag, it could be another hour or two. Here's hoping things were smooth sailing.
  19. Thundarez Member

Haha. I didn't realise it was Tom Petty. The first time I saw him on t.v, he looked about 80.
  20. Kentros New Member

You don't know how it feels. I need to know when the servers are online. I won't back down.