Server Maintenance - December 15, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Ibukia Member

A really nice cheese would go well with this thread.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I just patched 4Gb. /shrug.

But that's EU, our patcher downloads every amended file, the US one just downloads the amendments and applies them to the existing files. Apparently.
    Tannie likes this.
  3. Thorsbane New Member

New people crack me up...LOL
    Finnya and Naramsin like this.
  4. Tannie Member

Please post your quick update solution here so the next time they can implement a new expac in the shortest time possible. also ill bet they pay pretty good at that level so perhaps you should apply as well. No need to be an inactive armchair quarterback, please help them!
    Finnya, Naramsin and Lateana like this.
  5. Bellamorte Active Member

They were up yesterday, under the heading for the update notes, is a sentence that says Find them Here, and it is clickable, it takes you to the notes. :)
  6. Jiggamann Member

lol the long patch is BECAUSE OF THE RELEASE
    Finnya, Siren and Naramsin like this.
  7. Decipio New Member

I'm not sure you understand what is going on, I figured you would pick that up working with "Managers?" for 30 years? You have a huge update that is adding more zones, etc, etc, not to mention thousands of things they probably have to touch to make sure everything works, Oh, and its on a 10+ year old engine/code base.. .How many improvements in software have come along in 10 years? Now take all those and crumble them up and throw them on a pile, they can only use things available to the software they developed eq2 engine on.... 6 hours? That seems optimistic. More power to them.
    Naramsin and Tannie like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not any more. Takes you to a post that says the forums are down for patching, haha I clicked on that link this am about 2 hours ago,

KK..just tried it again and now the link is viable.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. OsirisTLG New Member

It was a couple hundred megs for updater for me. Nothing too heavy.
    Tannie likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's probably the whole download. Lots of new artwork in there, as well as the quests. Most of the download is probably the music and paks.

If you played in Beta, you may be able to shorten the amount of downloading just by copying your Beta folder music and paks subfolders to your EQ2 directory.

But also, the downtimes allow them to load any OS updates, do any hardware "housekeeping", etc. It's not all spent on the file distribution.
    Tannie likes this.
  11. Ghoulbie New Member

12. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Up to 6 hours?
    Wow! All I have to say is you better feed those hamsters alot, and feed them well!
  13. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

yeah with having a virus that keeps us inside and now we got to wait 6 hours for this expansion hopefully they add some xp bonus and everyone a free level 120 bauble, blood of luclin wasnt down this long and they added 10 levels and overseers and ect
  14. Ibukia Member

I can't tell if people are really complaining or if its some kind of inside joke I dont get.
    EmJay, Finnya, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  15. Thundarez Member

To be honest, 6 hours isn't such a long wait when compared to what it used to take in the old days. There were times when updates lasted 10-12 hours. If it's up within 10, it's a job well done. A short term loss for a long term gain. Think of all those hours you'll be putting in over the next few months with new content etc. I for one am looking forward to the refreshing change and of course, the challenges the new content will bring.

P.S....is it up yet? :D
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

My neck is sore from shaking my head so much.
    Breanna, Finnya, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  17. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Do I sense a Karen in the crowd?:confused::D:rolleyes:
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and Naramsin like this.
  18. OldLitlleTurtule New Member

No problem, six hours...?!

90 minutes left...

I'll go read in music now. :confused::p
  19. Ike2k New Member

Its 4 GB i think
  20. Snorkasauruss New Member

Attention Management, May I have Karen to the Front End for Customers complaining
    Finnya and Naramsin like this.