Waterfall - Help Me :)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kalethelin, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Kalethelin New Member

Hi All :)

I'm new to decorating and am working on a waterfall wall idea I have for my Mistmoore Crag, but I need some help from those more seasoned at this than I am (that's you!). I've tried looking this up, to the best of my ability, and what I've found is the use of the Tapestry of the Steam Lord. BUT... it isn't big enough for my vision and doesn't actually fall or pool, which I need it to do (if possible). Any help or advice would be great!

Thank you, thank you in advance :))
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

There are some bigger waterfalls that came with the CD xpac house recipes. Let us know what server to help you on. Im on skyfire (mainly) but have an ab and md toon who can also make a few they are heirloom so would hv to commission craft them to be bound to you. Can always ask in gen chat/craft channel on your server if there is someone who can make you some

http://eq2furniture.com/

go to that site and in item search type waterfall and click search the first 2 are the ones im talking about.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's also the Moving Water Spray recipes, but they're usually only available during the summer Oceansfull holiday event. I don't recall if the recipe books are Heirloom, or if you can find them on the Broker.

But their appearance is fairly sparse, waterfall-wise; I do think Elflover has the right of it and that the Deepwater recipes are more "robust," if you will. I'll be doing a waterfall myself at some point, and I count myself lucky that I have both sets. :)

What server are you on?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Kalethelin New Member

Thank you so much for your response and help! I knew I was forgetting something with my initial post - I'm on Halls of Fate. I'm going to go check out everything you've suggested! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Kalethelin New Member

Oh dear :( So I checked out the Deepwater Recipe info that's out there and it seems that that was something included with the purchase of Chaos Ascending (Premium or Collectors) but is no longer available for newer players. I can purchase the latest expansion and get all of the content from past expansions, but none of the treat-treats from them :p So my only option is to beg, burrow and steal (politely as all my characters are good aligned lol) in general chat/craft channel for/from someone who is more vetted. Does that sound right to you? Or was there something I missed in my search the web efforts?

Thanks again :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

Ask in the homeshow channel and someone should be able to make some for you. If you're on the AB server, /join homeshow. Anywhere else, it's /join antonia_bayle.homeshow.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's something that us veterans have been clamoring for, for like ages...for the Powers That Be to offer the houses and recipes, at least (and maybe other non-raiding type stuff, like the mounts), on the Marketplace, like a couple of years after the last chance to get them has come and gone, if they're that worried about it. If the Basic Edition is $35 and the Collector's Edition (which is when you START to see the houses and recipes) is $90, then 90-35 = $55, so the mount = $19.50 (the same as most flyers), the house = $19.50 (the same as the Elaborate Estate of Unrest; a tad pricier than other homes, but not unreasonable), so the recipes would = $16, which I would gladly pay for. :)

Heck, I like the mounts and the houses, too, so I'd buy the $35 Basic Edition, then the mount and the recipes and the house on the Marketplace, right then and there. Anyone else who wants all the fancy-schmancy raid stuff, etc. can buy the Collector's Edition. They get their money either way; THERE YOU GO, DEVS! >:-/

They can be so thick sometimes... X-P

Uwk
    Kalethelin and Breanna like this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If I could pay something like $35 for a bulk pack of all the previous house item crafting recipes from collectors edition, and nothing but the recipes, I would pitch money for just the recipes. If they could add the houses separately to the Prestige Homes list, I'd pay for a couple of those too. I get sad that I missed out on them, especially since I either couldn't afford them or wasn't playing at the time.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of ALL of them?! Oh, yeah!! :D

I mean, the only one I missed out on entirely was the first one for Thalumbra, but they are cool, and I'd be willing to deal with having the extras sit there in my /claim area. Or maybe they could be still "one per customer" but LORE or something, or unclaimable like the old Pas Yu claimed stuff. Whatever. ;->

Even if they were only one per server (why haven't they ever done that?), it'd still be awesome to have one toon of mine on each server able to make everything. :)

Uwk
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If they packaged them as bulk, and labeled each one as heirloom, you could just give the extras to alts on your account.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There is that... :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Kalethelin New Member

Thank you again, everyone here :) This has been informative and a bit disheartening at the same time. I agree with all of your points. I too would simply pay my cash money in order to have access to all the past recipes, houses, etc. Give us decos a one time per year shot at the past stuffs that we missed, for whatever reason. I get that it's a one-time thing so they make us NEED it now! But. For those of us who came to the game later, rather than earlier, we are hobbled by penalty of not being in the game sooner?!? So now I suppose I need to tinker up a time machine and go back and start my game play sooner? Oh well, if wishes...

And with those expansions (present and future), maybe they c/should offer options for how we want to play and not just how they want us to play (one-size fits all)? For example, if you like to adventure and want all the tricked out gear, mounts and familiars then you could choose that package. But for those who prefer to decorate/tradeskill more than adventure perhaps we could select another package? Maybe that's an even smarter idea since they like to charge for every-little-possible-imaginable-thing? People who like to do both w/could purchase both packages. Hm, but what do I know? I just started playing the game after all (hehe) :D

Always grateful for your insight!
    Kale
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That would be the smart way to do it (not to mention, an interesting experiment; "What percentage of our business [yes, Virginia, it is a business...] is composed of mainly crafters/decorators and what percentage just wants to do the fighting?"); my theory has always been they're just "allergic to money." ;)

But between the devs apparently hating crafters these days and the old pervasive "elitism" that's always been ("WoW is Microsoft. WE here at EQ1/EQ2 are Apple/Mac. Heaven forfend we get 10 million customers like they did. And what is this -- 'ad-ver-tis-ing' you speak of?"), I'm not sure that's gonna happen any time soon. :(

But it is one of the points I keep trying to use to hammer it into them, when I get the energy to rile up at them again about it: what about people just coming into the game? You know, NEW PLAYERS that we don't want to discourage? Or folks just poking their noses in from elsewhere (like WoW, where the last I heard, the crafting system sucks in comparison to here :D) because they were intrigued about the crafting and decorating? Don't we want to encourage, you know, devs, what's that phrase...oh, yeah. PAYING CUSTOMERS?? :-/

I have to wonder sometimes, I really do. I mean, it's one thing to create, build, and develop a game they'd want to play at home themselves and actually make a living at it, which is nice, but there comes a time (or should) when they ought to realize it's not just them playing it.

At one point when it was still SOE (SONY Online Entertainment...not that SONY had any idea what to do with an online game, considering they already had the PS1 by that point, I think), they'd actually hired $400/hour consultants to try to figure out why they weren't making money the way they thought they deserved. I think one of the conclusions these 3rd-party geniuses had come up with was, "Listen to your customers more." ;->

Ah, well. The wheels of justice here turn slowly, after a lot of applied oil, but they do turn. My suggestion? Start a new post along these lines in the Wishlist forum here; that, they actually read on occasion, since we have gotten just about everything we've requested there from them. :)

Uwk
  15. Kalethelin New Member

Uwk - You make me laugh and smile! Much needed these days, trust and believe :) I didn't come from WoW, I've never played it but the game I came from DID have an AMAZING decorating community and lots of support from devs. I came here again because I played beta and was here for Go Live but only stuck around for a few months, due to the original game I was playing ( I eventually left that game and all games altogether due to time constraints and life lol). And since I wasn't here that long I never got into decorating, only adventuring. I honestly came back because I missed the game, nostalgia - you know? BUT... when I came back I discovered a ripe decorating community and a place where I could both have fun crafting AND decorating. I will take you up on your suggestion to post over in the Wishlist forum! The clanky cog gets the hammer, as they say :)

And good news (speaking of wishes)... I found a guildmember who not only bought the Chaos Ascending expansion but got the advanced edition and was able to make me TWO Deepwater Wide Waterfalls! For FREE!!! She didn't even make me give her the mats or nothing! She was just like, "Oh that thing, no problem. Here you go. Enjoy!" :O I have them installed in my MMC and it's exactly how I imagined the water walls to be :D

You all are the best and I'm so happy I made the choice to come back!

All my best,
    Kale
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BRILLIANT! Great job! :D

Love having you back! :)

On a couple of different servers, I've made some of the No-Trade recipe items for folks, and while they're simple materials and relatively cheap fuel so I didn't charge, either, I was floored when I got a nice tip...to the tune of FIFTY THOUSAND PLAT on each server, which pretty much set me for life on both of them. :)

Uwk
    here since 2006 :D