Confirmed Daily Objectives quest is stuck

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Balcerak, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed this, but I will make note of circumstances if it does.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay. Tonight I had, among other things, the option to kill 25 things and make 8 things. I'd done my killing and went off to do some harvesting so I COULD make things, but the instant I started harvesting (though it wasn't even an option; no "gather 40 things"), I lost two of my kills. Sigh. Back to Eastern Wastes to slaughter a couple more basilisks. :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting the Quality Team to look at this! :D

That being said, here's another glitch that might help with the diagnosis:

[IMG]

I sent in a /bug report in-game; hope this helps! :)

Uwk
    Breanna, Geroblue and Juraiya like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, here we go again...went out to kill 25 things, did so, came back to the Frostfell Village on Test to gather 40 things, lost one of my 25 kills the instant I gathered from my first node in the Village. Precisely at the same time; I watched as both blinked on and off and teetered at each other. >:-/

Uwk
    Juraiya, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Had one more thing to kill; did so, and lost the last thing I'd harvested (39/40), rather than giving me my 2 Loyalty Tokens for being a Member. X-P

Simultaneously.

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have had that happen some days, some characters, and some accounts. Then it doesn't happen for days, then it happens again.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Most recently, I gathered a large number of items in the Frostfell zone, went elsewhere to make some kills. And my gathered items dropped from 40/40 to 39/40. Large number... over 100 items.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Asterix Developer

We added some extra logging to this some time ago and while not consistently, we were able to reproduce and log the case when the double award occurs. The cause is most likely the same for both cases and now we at least have a better idea of what to look for. We have created an internal bug for this and we should be able to fix this in a future update.
    Holvarn, Breanna, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, now, you don't have to fix the giving out of double awards (in the case of Members, quadruple awards ;->) quite that fast... :D

But all joking aside, yeah, I'd be willing to forgo the "Congrats, the record of your achievement survived long enough to count! Here's your two Tokens, o Member -- hang on, wait; you zoned! Not only will we give you credit for what you'd achieved just now, but we'll have some more things you can do before the changeover [11 pm instead of midnight, just because of Daylight Frickin' Savings? Another reason for DST to be abolished] to get two MORE Tokens! Rejoice! :D" bit in order to have my "Ha-ha! You only THOUGHT you'd finished your quota tasks for today! We're taking some back!" annoyances cleared up. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Geroblue and Juraiya like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; what I did tonight was make my three different things, THEN went out to the Eastern Wastes (my fave for high-levels) and hunted my 25. My three different things stayed just fine (perhaps it's double-digits in thing amounts that's messing it up?), and once I got my 25th critter, boom, got my tokens! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Today I did my "gather 40 things" first, then my "kill 25 things" afterwards, and both remained untouched! Killed my 25th thing, got my tokens! :)

Uwk
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Same here.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

We implemented fixes for this. Is anyone still encountering the issue?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The last time I had, it involved things like making the mistake of killing 25 critters and then going over and harvesting 40 things, or making 8 of the same thing or 3 different ones, stuff like that. But even in the past, I hardly ever saw it when I'd done "discover 3 new places" (one reason why I have a lot of newbs; please bring back Fog of War as an option so we can see what we haven't covered yet!) and then gone on to anything else.

I'd check again, but I can't get in game right now... X-P

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, just happened again this morning. Another character had harvested 40 resources, yet when I zoned to another toon, I only got credit for 39/40.

So, yeah, it's still not working properly.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Bellamorte Active Member

I had the double rewards happen just 2 days ago. Not that I mind the extra coins but it still is a bug.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone affected recently PM me your character name, server, and roughly at what time this issue happened please?
    Holvarn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another /bug report:

Category: Interface [because I'm not sure where this actually belongs]
    SubCategory: Quest Journal
    Severity: Affects gameplay [since your customers are gamers, shouldn't this be important, too?]
    Frequency: Always Happens [happens way too bloody often]
    Zone: The City of Freeport
    Target:

Summary: Happens Often Enough...Daily Objectives wonky again

Description: I'd just finished harvesting 40 Resources and zoned to another character on the Test server, who slayed (slew?) 25 Creatures, and earned us 2 Loyalty Tokens (Members). Then I came back to this character, only to find two of my prior character's kills removed, but the currency still earned, so if I killed 2 more myself, I'd get double the reward? I'm /bugging it so you don't think I'm Exploiting this, and will send the Logs into the Support page.

(and over to you, Ratalthor, as much as I can in a PM...)

(On the up side, my toons can now access Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow again...please Super Glue that cord plug into the wall so it always works? :D)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, back on Public Test ('cause it's that season...); just did my "Harvest 40 Resources" bit (Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs ftw!) and "Discover(ed) 3 Unknown Places" bit and everything went off beautifully, without a hitch or hiccup. About the only times I have real issues is when it involves "Slay(ing) 25 Critters" and anything else, except for maybe "Discover 3 Unknown Places." That one always seems sacrosanct. :)

Uwk
    Doobius40504, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  20. Holvarn New Member

To add to this... I almost never use crafting to complete these. I go out and think... which alt hasn't gone where yet? I do locations and kills 90% of the time. It happens about once or twice a month. And I'm pretty lazy about getting tokens on alternate accounts. So if I were OCD about it it would be more often. I hadn't considered that the 25 kills may be triggering it. I'm going to go be OCD about it now and see what happens.