Anyone on AB that made a house from scratch?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kenn, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Kenn Well-Known Member

I tried my hand at it and made a triple decker house. It took months, but mostly because I'm super **** about pixel perfection using the various 3rd party tools. Now I want to see what others have built from single items, no prefab house.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oooooog...if memory serves, Febrith did an amazing version of a house from the (/shudder) Twilight movie series, and did a video on it.

Ocarinah has many an awesome how-to video on such things, but I can't recall atm if I've seen any of her completed "from scratch" projects. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Kenn Well-Known Member

Thank you, I'll see if I can find those houses. Live long and prosper. \\//
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You too! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Aabari Active Member

Not to toot my own horn and I know im not on AB but i do have a couple of houses like that if your ever on MD check leaderboards for "New Refuge" & "Isle of St. Antonia" they are both chock full of custom from scratch houses Febrith did some great video tours for them as well
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Go ahead and toot! The OP was looking for from-scratch places! :D

Author is Aabari? That'll help! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Nilyana Active Member

I have one, but it's fairly old - like, before they added things like wall sections, triangle segments, giving building blocks their own item count etc. It's under Rihya, at the Thurgadin Grand Hall (on AB). With all the new block types I keep thinking I should build another home from scratch, but too many projects in the works as it is, ha.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awhile back, there was an idea to either recreate a childhood house or to create our "dream house," the one we'd all love to have if we had an unlimited budget and land. I don't think anything really came of it, though; it might've been during one of our cyclical decorating doldrums. :-/

Uwk
    who'd considered it, but frankly, without a deadline, is pathetic at finishing any decorating projects... X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have made a couple of houses from scratch...

The first house from scratch I did was a tinkered house for my alt Bolet. Not currently published because I want to redo some things now that building blocks don't count as regular items. Can let you come see if you can catch me online.

Title: Zzzap!
    Owner: Bugz
    Address: Dimensional Pocket, Freeport
    Category: Hall of Fame
    Note: Be sure to let it load (down middle). Laboratory building made out of 700 skulls

Title: Village of Haunt by Ocarinah TOT17
    Owner: Niborder
    Address: Everfrost Summer Home, Freeport
    Category: Hall of Fame
    Note: Go all the way back and take teleporter which is at front of wagon to Cabin

Title: SSHHS2017 First Frostfell Snowfall by Ocarinah
    Owner: Valkah
    Address: Secluded Sanctum, Qeynos
    Category: Never published but visitors welcome
    Note: Tudor house

Title: Madinore Forever Decorated by Ocarinah
    Owner: Archeria
    Address: City of Mist, Freeport
    Category: Dev Picks
    Note: Not a house but church and light house (Yaquina Bay Lighthouse)

Just a note, I have been missing in action since I found out my mom, dad, sister, and sister's husband all have covid. My mom is in really bad shape. Lots of other stuff going on as well.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

O M G Ocarinah I am so so sorry to hear that. I hope they all get better soon, and my prayers are with your mom.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :-/

Fingers crossed...

Uwk
    Breanna and Ocarinah like this.
  12. pumancat Well-Known Member

I have a little log cabin I made in my Oakmyst home. If you want to looksee, It's not published or anything near complete,, But you can come see , it's under Darreien. on AB Freeport portal.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

My family is doing much better *whew*. Mom doesn't have to be on oxygen all the time now and can understand her. She went to hospital on Monday but they kicked her out cuz they don't have room. She is back to feeling like she did Sunday. They haven't had to call paramedics for a couple of days to help her into bed. I am sure it will take her long time with lots of ups and downs but I am sure she will kick covid to the curb cuz she is stubborn. I am so much better now that I know I won't lose 4 members of my family at the same time.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday! Hugs!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! Silver lining, at least...hope everyone recovers fast and well! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Stellacious Active Member

Oaky! Gosh have not been on forums for a bit. Hope all is well with family!

Most all of my own homes are ground up customs as well as many of the builds I have done for clients.

I work mostly off of Skyfire. They can be found on the leaderboards there, but I can also direct you to a certain home if you are looking to see a completed one.

Take care,
    Stellacious :)
  16. Eve/Linn Member

YEP SEVERAL i WILL GLADLY GIVE YOU TOURS ON ab
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. kianne Well-Known Member

i made a few homes from scratch over the years ... i have a few how toos on my channel for the Hocuspocus house...
    and a few others on Skyfire ..
  18. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

Aye yes the good ole hocus pocus house on skyfire it was a lovvely evening even being the last one out of the house hope to catch you on AB house tour since I transferred my clan off of IoR server a few weeks ago. Touche, Kianne
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and kianne like this.