A Quick Note from Jenn Chan, Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Jamzez Active Member

Finger's crossed EQ2 gets a playable Viking and Valkyries class next year.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are Halasians. Make it a berzerker and there ya go.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

True, which is why a defense-in-depth solution is best. Still not 100% foolproof (nothing is, these days), but I find a combination of a Pi-hole in our local LAN, plus OpenDNS filtering, ad-blocker, and EFF's Privacy Badger does a pretty good job.

The 8 trackers that were blocked from scraping data while I wrote this response include:

googleads.g.doubleclick.net

static.doubleclick.net

www.facebook.com

www.google.com

fonts.gstatic.com

platform.twitter.com

syndication.twitter.com

www.youtube.com
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I always thought that was the idea behind "barbarian" class.
  5. ArgentGarou Member

This gives the publishing blackout some clarity. Looking forward to see what this could bring. *fingers crossed*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Hmm we could have said free beer instead however due to Gninja's bottomless pit we would quickly find ourselves with a debt larger that the national debt...just saying.
  7. Baphmistra Active Member

Yes, this isn't the first time EQ2 has been bought out. Yes, there were moments last time that the lot of you thought we were finished. Yes, SOE had a great idea with EQNext, but happily it was run separately from EQ1 & EQ2. Yes, I'm wondering if having a Swedish company will inspire furniture made by hand with help from Ikea. Yes, advertising costs money, and about half the time it actually works. Yes, I've seen what happens when it doesn't, ad-blockers can only filter so much. Yes, I've said yes a few times in this post, the reason for that is meatballs, after reading through 5 pages of replies so far I'm hungry for meatballs. Who knows maybe now that a Swedish company has taken over the meatball will become the new logo instead of that odd eye from DB. Maybe we could even advertise on you tube, at the end of this video. Although still not sure how to tie in a Fairy riding a dinosaur into a commercial about meatballs.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Risxsoul like this.
  8. Darsch Member

they actually bought all of daybreak, i wonder what this means for standing stone games as they had a deal with daynreak for publishing Lotro and DDO
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Here's an official EG7 link with player numbers, income figures and a managerial listing that shows Daybreak not only wholly owns Standing Stone, but that Jack Emmert is the CEO of not only DCUO's Dimensional Ink but is also CEO of Standing Stone.

https://www.enadglobal7.com/wp-cont...entation-Dec-2020-Acquires-Daybreak-Games.pdf
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

minimum eight multiply three that were blocked from track scraping data when i looked this message..
    and at least 15 when i wrote this answer (Privacy Badger at time of writing this answer only blocked one - fonts.googleapis.com, but when i just look then 9)

i like what EFF does (i have 9 (if i writed reply then - only 1)), but Privacy Possum does better = 24 on this page (if i writed reply then - only 15). plus i use theirs in conjunction with "dont-touch-my-tabs" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/dont-touch-my-tabs/)

but this isn't enough
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Jenn! This is going directly to you and to whatever devs might be listening (there's major downage right now on Thurgadin, presumably the entirety of EQ2, which is why I'm doing this instead of Frostfell):

For some time now (years, basically, ever since the concept came out with, I believe, the Thurgadin expansion [Terrors of Thalumbra?]), we crafters and decorators, especially, have been clamoring for something like what's been kicked around most recently in this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/waterfall-help-me.597356

Posts #6-14 in particular.

To summarize: we would like there to be some way to get things "a la carte" after it's no longer possible to get them via last-minute sales or "Get It Now Before the Next Release or Else! >:->" sort of announcements, things like the recipe books (and yes, they could still be Heirloom or No-Trade or You-Can't-Broker-These somehow tagged) and the prestige houses, separately from the Collector's Edition packages on up. If push came to shove, sure, make the mounts separately accessible as well, and the levelling Tokens (okay, I know they're already separate, but you get the idea), and the sales crate, and the etc., etc., etc. stuff for the raiders, etc. Make it so it would've been more affordable to get them all at once in the Collector's Edition on up, but please, DON'T PENALIZE NEW PLAYERS. Folks coming in because they'd heard about how awesome our crafting system was here, or our decorating options ('cause frankly, there are apparently way better games out there for the fighting aspect), only to be told, "Well, tough snookums, kids, you should've been here already. No soup, or anything else cool, for you, and there's no way you'll ever be able to get it." That's disappointing to both tentative customers getting their feet wet here just now, as well as potential ones.

Go ahead, put those options up on the Marketplace, perhaps even like a year or two (heh! Two years...ah, those were the days...) after we can't get them any other way; the impatient folks will still snap up the Pre-Order goodies for the latest and greatest expac. Offer us and the new kids (we are trying to encourage new customers, yes?) the recipes we and they missed, the cool houses, the cool mounts, the cool whatevers.

This would go a long way towards keeping the old timers and encouraging new ones. Good PR, win-win all around. :)

Uwk
    Baphmistra and Breanna like this.
  12. KLove-404 New Member

I just want to say, your targeted ads on YouTube this summer caused me no small amount of glee (and stunned amazement that you actually had an ad)!

Even though I have an active sub (since week one of going live in 2004), I haven't played since February, 2020. I had been watching a lot of FF14 videos and suddenly I see an ad. I think, "That looks like EQ2 graphics. Holy cow! It is an ad! For EQ2!!"

I was so stunned, I didn't actually pay attention to what it was advertising. Some event this past summer... I think.

Good job!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/blink
    Seriously? Advertising?? SWEET!!!! :D

Oh, Jenn, if this is due to your influence, long may you reign! :D

Uwk
    Siren and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  15. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I hope in the end we get a better team in the way of the Games Mechanics // Needings and a final realy and working balancing on everything espcialy in the way of DPS calculation.

ATM its a whole mess that everything got pushed or nerved by no such reson if its not deffinetly broken by a miscalculation like the BLs Pet atm.

And pls work and try malke things like one very wise PC and IT Man said years ago " never touch a runing Systhem"

EQ 2 is out of his youth and you cant reeducate a Grown thing in they way taking things away or add something which the Body and Mind of the Game dont fits too.
    Some Mecahnics and technics worked for like more than a decade so dont touch them anymore if not having a 1000% betetr idea it can work fine.
  16. Zartil Active Member

Trade skilling has been broken so badly it is sad. The idea they had and followed forever was that you could sell your creations back to a vendor for the fuel cost. WHY has that been changed? I know in BoL that most crafted items were NO VALUE... really? it cost us coin and time to make the stuff and now it is worthless? The Master Crafted gear was supposed to be the best gear for that level. It never has been but in BoL it was crap that no one in their right mind wanted .. time was that you could make PP by trade skilling and brokering it. But unless you are an adorner those times are past. The changes in spell levels that we can make is stupid.. why for 110 levels could a TSer make experts from the ADVANCED books and suddenly they make adepts? But then they have the other books that has the experts in them BUT you might not ever get all of the ones you need.
    It is CLEAR that the current management of this game care nothing about TSing. Unless you are a RAIDER the expansions are crap, but we as loyal followers continue to buy them in the hopes that they fix things. You are so big on PLAY YOUR WAY as an advertising slogan. REALLY? PLAY MY WAY as long as I do it your way. This is so much BS. Time to clean house and get some people that understand ALL phases of the game and listen to what WE the people paying their salary want. I know you cannot please everyone but when you continue to IGNORE 3/4 of the people that play your game said game will die, Because no matter how LOYAL we may be, we WILL reach the point of screw it and walk away. I have been playing EQ 2 16+ years, I have 2 accounts, I have bought every expansion for my accounts and my sons, I LOVE this game. BUT I am feed up with the continued BS. You SELL us a expansion that is not ready, the reason you say is you have had to work remotely, you do not have the staff you need, you chose QUALITY over QUANTITY. These are all reasonable, HOWEVER when things are voiced in BETA about something YOU did not listen to it. You simply went with what YOU had in the 1st place. There are issues that took a YEAR to correct from BoL. A month long BETA is not enough time to find and fix bugs So WE the paying fan base get to BETA test and only have to pay to do it and then get ignored as complaining when we voice a concern. You sold us a BUGGY expansion with very little content BUT we had to pay the FULL price and when we voice a concern we are complaining. To compensate you LOCK things behind zones that require MAX Level to enter, PLAY MY WAY? The RNG makes it a crap shoot to get ANYTHING you need/want This is something that has been an issue forever, WE have posted concerns about it repeatedly so your fix> IGNORE the complaints. Why not have these items as quest rewards and a choice, or a merchant that will exchange the unwanted items for those we need. Your PATTERNS to make MC gear is beyond stupid. whoever came up with that idea needs to be fired So now I have to HOPE the RNG gives me the patterns I need Yeah right good luck with that. I know the reason you have given was that since we are using the same harvestables as BoL ( again not enough staff to do things right) you did not want us to be able to make a lot of the gear right at launch. The Acrylia name has been used before you were told that in BETA,, you GASP Ignored it because it would take to much time to fix.. So AGAIN we have to PLAY YOUR WAY and get punished because you are so understaffed it is ridiculous. I hope the new owners are taking time to read the forums, here and elsewhere. This game is losing long time LOYAL customers that have as a whole paid MILLIONS of dollars to support your game. Unless a lot of changes are made, you will have no game.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some paragraph breaks would give you a chance that someone would read your post, just sayin'. Otherwise, TLDR.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raff like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Race. In DnD, Pathfinder, etc., Barbarian = player character class; here, it's a race, the progenitors of Humans (like Erudites are the "next phase in Human evolution" ;->).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct. Don't know how that snuck by me, haha
    '
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could've been pulling a Me; too many games running through the head at one time. ;-> I'd been wanting to do a Barbarian Monk for ages, but it would've been impossible in DnD or Pathfinder (Barbarians of whatever race = no Lawful alignments, Monks of whatever race = no non-Lawful alignments); finally managed to "get 'er done" here with a Barbarian (race) Monk (class) on Crushbone/Maj'Dul (actually I was trying to do a Hellboy homage toon, and after all the various attempts, realized that yeah, Barbarian Monk [SOGA model] probably was one of the best ways to do him up right). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.