Gear Up, Level Up Week 6 begins tomorrow!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 2, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

GULU Week 6 is almost here!

The next round of bonuses, Triple Ethereals and Limited Research Reducer Drops will be available from 12:01 AM PST on December 3, 2020 until 11:59 PM PST on December 9, 2020 when the next bonus will begin!
    Razpberry, Jinksie, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  2. Kinslayer New Member

Anything else to be added to the Ethereal merchant?

<hope>Rune of Embers?</hope>
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

Please, oh please, oh please let the next and likely last GULU bonus include double guild xp. I've been waiting a full year for it!
    Breanna likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's not on the list and due to the changes to guild leveling coming with RoS I doubt it will be.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Nothing more is being added
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

*is agog* Then I hope for another regular double status, because I purposely didn't do the guide status quests during that week because I expected another double guild status!

Can we at least be told what the new guild leveling mechanic *is*? Or is that, like most of the things in this upcoming expac, a secret that shouldn't be a secret if this company actually wants us to buy the new expac? (Snark intended toward the company, not toward the greatest community manager this game has ever had.)
    Flatline, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Kaladim?
    Siren likes this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

Hm... double status including double guildstatus is NOW.
    Beee likes this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

As I've said before, GULU is a live event. Kaladim did receive bonuses last week as part of the holiday but no there are no Kaladim bonuses.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Double status is not the same as double guild status.

Also, doesn't do me any good to use the double status event when it's the last day and I am at work. Wish we would've known there wouldn't be a double guild status event when we started this conversation last week!
  11. Spectre Active Member

Seeing that

100% of Kaladim are subscribers.... That's horrible business sense.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

woohoo... been waiting for the triple ethereals to do my catch up on my last few pieces... will be completely ready to fly into the next expansion now... can't wait, especially for the vah shir
    Breanna and Carizia like this.
  13. Rengler New Member

Kaladim pay subs too.
  14. Tierisch Well-Known Member

The point of GULU is to prep for the next xpac.. which Kaladim does not have to worry about.. At least that's how I understood it.
    Skrapa, Breanna, Miauler and 2 others like this.
  15. Adept Active Member

Is the gear up really relevant to the next expansion though?

Come the expansion pretty sure almost immediately my familiar will get replaced, my merc will get replaced, my mount gets replaced, gear gets replaced, many of the leveled spells get replaced. That's what happened last year for me at least, though in part that relates to the almost instant leveling to the new maximum level so level restrictions meant nothing
    Breanna, SynnikuL, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

The research reducers are absolutely relevant unless all your spells/combat arts are already ancient. This is the one part of the event that I have been waiting for, and it is much appreciated.
  17. Zartil Active Member

How is DOUBLE status not double guild status? You earn DOUBLE status then 10 % of what you earned is put toward Guild Status. If you are earning normal status and then 20% (double guild status) is put towards guild, it is the same thing.
    Example
    Double status: You earn 1000 status doubled it is 2000 status 10 % is 200 towards guild
    Double Guild status: you earn 1000 status 100 goes toward guild status doubled = 200 guild status.

They are exactly the same thing. It is simple when they give double status use it to boost your guild.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Correct, it has nothing to do with who pays subs.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

To explain -

In all the years past, there is double status and double guild status at the same time, which gives you:

1000 + 1000 bonus = 2000
    200 guild status + 200 guild status bonus = 400 guild status

This doesn't make much of a difference at lower levels, but when you're in millions of status it comes out to a hell of a bonus.
    Make believe guide quest: 52 mil + 52 mil = 104mil
    Guild earns: 10.4m + 10.4m = 20.8 mil guild status

So it isn't the same thing. But it's a moot point, anyway, since they are not giving a bonus this year and they are changing how the guild earns status (but won't tell us how).
  20. Sharakari Active Member

If only they would turn up the drop rate a little.