GULU Week 5 and a Black Friday Weekend Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Well, for years this has always happened once between Christmas and New Year and once on Memorial Day.

This year it didn't exist until now.The last time this was between last Christmas and last New Year.

Or to be precise:
    Then starting December 16 at 12 PM PST (Noon) through January 3, 2020 at 12 PM PST (Noon), double Blood of Luclin currency, double personal status (members only), and double guild status (members only) for all live servers.

source: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-frostfell-tempting-treasures-dec-2019
    Cusashorn and Melkior like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not to be that guy, but shouldn't the post say this week's bonuses and not this year's?
  3. Kotter Legendary Member

i was hoping for LoN pack sale.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Cant you sell Ergott and Mircus Deathband in a sale for 1000 Jadeite Medaillions... THIS would help really a lot of players :)
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

It has definitely NOT been both for many of the events. At least that's how I remember it. If I was motivated I could pour through old announcements to find specific times, but I'll just wait until tomorrow, sell a couple items and see.
    WhysperWynde and Cusashorn like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

These are the three that have happened in the last year. Two are personal status only.

Double personal status in April/May. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ses-beginning-on-4-30-20.594553/#post-6607782

Another double personal status in April. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-the-team-and-bonus-week.593964/#post-6601989

Double guild and personal in December. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-with-tempting-treasures.591990/#post-6581594
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yes please. Let me buy 1000 LON packs for 500 DBC. :)
    WhysperWynde and Alyndrys like this.
  8. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I had a better dream ( for years now :p ) that we can buy those for loyalty tokens ( I have soooo many of those !)
    Dambae Shadowfury and Breanna like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes but the personal status is what goes in the guild hall door for upkeep, that's what I like. I can sell off all my status loot now and have millions to dump in the door. I don't really care anymore if the guild levels or not since it's just bragging rights.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Very true. Some of us (me) are trying to level our guild to 150 to feel like an accomplishment. Was stuck in the low 130s for years until the new guide quests came out. With the double guild status, we might actually reach 150 this time around.

I'd planned to use all my transferred alts from Kaladim when it closes to fuel the door status. Or make more crafter alts. I found there are a few book quests on upper tier vendors that cost a ton of status and if I ever want to get them, I have to save some for that.
    Soara2 and WhysperWynde like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea my guild is stuck at 123, maybe if there was something to work towards I'd be more inclined to try to level it. But they don't even give us adventure writs anymore, I used to bust those things like crazy.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde and Siren like this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

Is this true for the new RoS guild levels as well? I hadn't heard anything about the new levels, or the new leveling system other than the producer's letter.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Status appears to be personal status only.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. kloree Member

It also appears to only be on the ingots also the amulets dont give double personal or double guild status. The ingots you get from the overseers are giving double personal and guild status.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  15. Audrel Member

Where do I find these spell research reducers that are supposed to be 20% off? I do not see any such item in the Marketplace.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  16. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

That's right we haven't heard anything about the new system of leveling the guild from the RoS AddOn.

Basically, it sounds like it only affects guilds from guild level 300+, which is unlikely to be any guilds worldwide. Surly not more than 10 or so.

Mega mass player guilds with more than 175 active accounts are likely to have reached the current maximum guild level of 300, since most players there, due to the sheer number, have little status to achieve in order to reach the maximum level.

Smaller guilds with 1 to 30 active accounts have no real chance of ever achieving this as things stand at the moment.
    Melkior and Breanna like this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I'm not positive if they changed anything or not with the new increase. But I do know even the guild banner changed very little, they have put in no new amenities that I can see. So basically IMHO there is really no reason to level other than bragging rights, once your high enough to get the guild banner and a few levels into it and all the amenities you want, I just don't see a point. If I am wrong please let me know. The personal status can be used for all kinds of things, like buying things and the upkeep on the guild hall. I usually leave about 50,000 status on all my alts for just in case they need something, and the rest gets deposited into the guild hall for upkeep.
    Soara2 and Melkior like this.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

I think it's added directly as a hidden discount into the Upgrade research tab itself. I forget what it usually costs per day, but its 39 DBC right now per day. Usually 49, right?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  19. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I know the spell reduction cost is directly related to the length of time left in the research. I don't think it's a set amount.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  20. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

3 things:
    First off thanks SO MUCH to Dreamweaver and DarkPaw Team for Double XP Week = this is wonderful!

Secondly, Carynn said "I'd planned to use all my transferred alts from Kaladim when it closes to fuel the door status" .. so is Kaladim Server closing???

Third of ALL ~ I am throwing a Thanksgiving Sunday Party @ Lake Mara Resort on Skyfire Server @ 4 PM EST - 7 PM PST on Sunday, November 29, 2020. Everyone is invited for a fun gathering and small break from all the double XP, double Status, double Ethereals and 20% off on Spell Research and Experience potions Sale of GULU Week 5.

Since it is Thanksgiving Weekend let's all when you visit to party bring a favorite Food or Drink Treat and place it in Food & Drink Depot in Thunderlord's Tower @ Lake Mara Resort and ALL share in the goodies and fun socializing. Y'ALL C'MON DOWN NOW TO LAKE MARA RESORT FOR THANKSGIVING SUNDAY FUN @ 4 PM EST/7 PM PST.

All are invited!
    Siren and Breanna like this.