Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is active on Test!

Tis the season to brighten our lives and those around us with gifts, good food, and warm hearths!

All across Norrath you’re sure to find people celebrating this festive Deepice holiday, but it’s just not Frostfell without visiting the Frostfell Wonderland Village! This enchanting land of ice and adventure, found on the other side of the Magic Closet within your city, holds wonders and adventures for everyone!

From there you are welcome to visit the Frostfell Workshop, where Frostfell elves have been busy preparing for the celebration, or Frostfell Wonderland's Icy Mines, where the holiday fuels used to craft all those special Frostfell gifts are obtained.

Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from Santa Glug, and watch for one of his helpers to make a special appearance in Freeport and Qeynos. You might just find some special holiday collectibles in your stocking!

New Features for '20!
    TLE server (Kaladim)
    • The majority of the holiday event is active, with the following exceptions (due to zone limitations):
      • Little Lost Goblin
      • Deepice Dreams
      • Special Delivery
      • O Frostfell Tree
      • Tis the Season
      • Gift Giving
    • Frostfell Merry Kitten familiar is now automatically turned into a flavor pet spell, when obtained on a Time Locked Server.
    Live servers
    • New Quest!
      • Icy Something Worth Mining - offered by Sugarbow in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Santa Glug, a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village is back and has 16 tradable gifts (9 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has 8 new items for sale, to players of all levels.
    • Giggawat and Garsleblat Gigglegibber merchants have brought back 4 items from retirement.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
      • Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XIII
      • Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XIII
      • Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XIII

Returning features:
    • In game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • Returning Quests
    • "Gallivanting Gifties" - Quest found in the Frostfell Workshop. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Little Lost Goblin" offered by Meg Gingersnap, located in Frostfell Workshop zone. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Deepice Dreams" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Special Delivery" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "O Frostfell Tree" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Frostfell Workshop. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Tis the Season" offered by Jarith Icewing, now located in Maldura. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gift Giving" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Maldura. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" offered by Frestishan in Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable
      • "A Deepice Mystery" - offered by Jingle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – NOT Repeatable!
        • This quest is no longer repeatable, thus making this version of the quest the last time a character must do it to unlock the other quests in the zone.
        • Rewards changed:
          • Frost Fae Drake Plushie
          • Frozen Token of E'ci - Qty 5
          • Petamorph Wand: Frost Fae Drake - Is now available from Gerbi Frostfoot, after quest completion.
          • Frost Fae Drake Plushie - Is now available from Gerbi Frostfoot, after quest completion.
      • "Merry Mischief" offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – Daily repeatable
      • "Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. – Daily repeatable
      • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. – Not repeatable
      • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven) - Repeatable, once per year
      • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered again by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. – Repeatable, up to 15 times
      • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "A Frostfell Favor" offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Saving Frostfell" offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica. – Repeatable
      • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands. – Repeatable
    • Returning Achievements
      • Holiday Lights
      • Handcrafted Gifts to Give
      • Frostfell Feast Delights
      • Great Candy Grabber
      • Frostfell Fanatic
      • Frostfell Overdrive!
    • Returning Collections
      • Frost-bitten Toes
      • Frost-Bitten Toes
      • Druidic Frostfell Icons
      • Frostfell Baked Treats
      • Hand-Hewn Frostfell Ornaments
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug's Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • Santa Glug, (a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village), is back and has 16 gifts, 8 of which are new, to give everyone that asks (once a day)!
    • Items available to buy from Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village. 5 brand new items.
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and wieldables in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years' crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • Players can obtain the 3 key recipes for personal Frostfell Tradeskill stations.
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
      • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
      • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still flyable and frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • Festive equipment and decorations, (including 4 returning items that haven’t been available since 2007) are available from merchants in Frostfell zone (Giggawat and Garsleblat).
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!

Any feedback submitted after 12/03/20 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

Also, as with every year, the grand Frostfell Trees and event music within Freeport and Qeynos will be missing until the zone art is updated.

This event content is currently set to run 12/08/20 at 8am PST* through 01/05/21 at 11:59 pm PST. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The pluralization is as amusing as usual. I just made some Holly Jolly Leather Armwrapses and Holly Jolly Leather Bootses, and it amuses me more than it should!
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Holly Jolly Leather Boots and the Holly Jolly Shoes look identical in the preview and when worn.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I want fisheses ;p

THANKS for getting us to do A Deepice Mystery once and for all! I was really fed up with that quest!
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Stuttering item name (recipe name is fine) "Frostfell Cinnamon Stripe Frostfell Cinnamon Stripe Arched Door Frame"

Flavor text askew - Sugar Sweet Dreams says it summons a holiday present, not holiday sweets
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here's my list for Santa Glug

New (9):
    \aITEM -1973510337 -472811368 0 0 0:[Tan Frosttail Reindeer]\/a (fluff pet)
    \aITEM 1185659475 165102492 0 0 0:[Flying Orange Baby Dragon Plushie]\/a
    \aITEM -116854387 1709374946 0 0 0:[Petamorph Wand: Cranberry Ooze]\/a
    \aITEM 340551291 -530825591 0 0 0:[Sugar Sweet Dreams]\/a (fluff pet)
    \aITEM -1406754374 -2145614889 0 0 0:[Candy Crumble Rug]\/a
    \aITEM 1994677633 812226427 0 0 0:[a Jolly-Filled Frostfell Cube]\/a

Old (7):
    \aITEM 1741042586 -610397361 0 0 0:[a domestic mallard]\/a
    \aITEM -761324170 -10405145 0 0 0:[Deepice Wrapped Present]\/a
    \aITEM 1657145737 1476102000 0 0 0:[Molten Throne Snowglobe]\/a
    \aITEM -1749563195 -937374359 0 0 0:[Sweet Frostfell Sign Plate]\/a
    \aITEM 2123057155 -2115850834 0 0 0:[Brontotherium Plushie]\/a
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Naming mismatch: The "Shelled Frost Mulcher" has flavor text that calls him a "shelled frost slimer"
  8. Nuggetmachine Member

9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Vendor:
    \aITEM -424358490 -592456805 0 0 0:[Let it Snow Hat]\/a
    \aITEM 549435855 1378367749 0 0 0:[Let it Snow Finery]\/a
    \aITEM 1497316575 -1105179781 0 0 0:[Let it Snow Cloak]\/a
    \aITEM -1912715550 1102575199 0 0 0:[Frost Fae Drake]\/a
    \aITEM 1930801472 1772932896 0 0 0:[Icy Needlescale Plushie]\/a
    \aITEM -197096538 1922953880 0 0 0:[Shelled Frost Mulcher]\/a
    \aITEM -832571586 -1638983843 0 0 0:[Cold as Ice Tile]\/a
    \aITEM 259025870 -1275117701 0 0 0:[Snowy Cliff Beak Plushie]\/a

Returning vaulted stuff:
    \aITEM -1791371447 609609973 0 0 0:[Frostfell Carol Greeting Card]\/a
    \aITEM -499193889 1875339658 0 0 0:[Frostfell Wishes Greeting Card]\/a
    \aITEM 2086302332 1663330322 0 0 0:[Frostfell Feast Greeting Card]\/a
    \aITEM 204506867 -650338468 0 0 0:[Frostfell Greeting Card]\/a

(extra Frostfell Wishes Greeting Card on broker, I bought 900!)
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

And now I see it is a copy/paste error. The slimer was released last year, the mulcher this year, but the flavor text is off.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Major problem (someone already bugged it IG so posting here): if a player walks into the mound that is the mine entrance for new quest, the char gets stuck in place and can only evac/port out/zone in if char has the quest. Stuck loc is: 25.08, -1.96, -1216.21 in Frostfell wonderland village

PLAYERS: DO NOT WALK ON THE MOUND IN FF WONDERLAND VILLAGE WITHOUT THE QUEST OR YOU4LL GET STUCK AND WILL HAVE TO EVAC/GATE OUT!
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Was about to ask when we get Frostfell , so exited. :D
    I am so happy we get most of Frostfell on Kaladim and thanks for the kitty :)

lol we could have a special Frostfell frozen stuck party for all test people .

I love the new items .
    The striped building blocks remind me of some striped cathedrals and mosques I have seen in Turkey .
    I love the sofa and love seat
    I love the plushies
    I adore that light blue and white outfit and all the festive nick knacks .

don't we already have a clear ice tile from the New Hallas city fest ?
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Is there going to be an Overseer quest for Frostfell ?
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

it's a special tile that freezes you
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oooooooooooooh :eek: , OUCH cool :cool: or I should say freezing cold .
  16. Dasi Member

Didnt the Icy Keep dungeon used to self reset when you zoned out? Or am I misremembering it? It has been years since I ran it, hehe
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Erinna Member

When you examine the Tan Frostfell Reindeer Scroll, (from Santa Glug) it says:

"This spell will summon a holiday present to your side to accompany you during your travels." o_O
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It changed some time back, at least it wasn't self resetting last year, you have to clear the lockout first. They made a change to all instances at a time and Icy Keep was affected at the same time, I don't know when it happened. But yeah, it did self reset but it doesn't any more, at least since last year (don't remember when it changed)
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

here are some inspirations for the new candy striped building blocks from the real world

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

the Texas Beach Hotel this building was striped red and white , to bad it burned down in 1898
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

ok get to work you master Decorators , you got your work cut out for you .

they are striped
    [IMG]

well ok not even close to red and white , but we could always put little striped sweaters on them .

And we are missing the gig Frostfell tree in Freeport again ( don't know about Qeynos )
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Not this year, no, but I hope to for 2021.

In previous years, due to time constraints, we've had to pick and choose which events got new content added to them. Thanks to the introduction of the Overseer system last expansion, in 2020 every annual event either had new Overseer content added or a new quest added! Nights of the Dead was the only one to have both (I'm counting PQ as a quest). I was really happy to have been able to add so many new quests, some of which even had new dungeons associated with them, for so many annual events this year. In fact, I was really pleased that with the addition of Overseer content, I was able to produce new content for every single annual live event in 2020, and that's on top of the new tradeskill recipes and/or merchant additions to each event that have happened every year.

My plan, at this point, for 2021 is much the same; add Overseer content to those annual events that didn't get it added in 2020, and add new content (quests or collections or dungeon, etc.) to the events that only got Overseer content this year.

I am glad to know that it was all appreciated by so many of you!

~ Kaitheel
    Dude, CharbrynEQ2, Lateana and 10 others like this.