Suddenly now have Beastlord unlocked?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennyl, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Sennyl New Member

So just logged in after the update and went to make a toon, and apparently Beastlord is now useable for me. My friend also logged out back to character creation and had the same thing. Neither of us have purchased classes, and its no longer in the Store to buy. I presume this isn't intended? :p
    WhysperWynde, Dyraxus and Benito like this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

You're right. Beastlord unlock is no longer on the shop.

It makes sense since Beastlord was released during Shadows of Luclin on EQ1.

I paid for my Beastlord unlock but wouldn't mind the option for other accounts.

A confirmation from an official source would be helpful (to avoid the acrimony of a rollback).
    WhysperWynde and Dyraxus like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

There was a bug with todays patch that AoD was not flagging properly for all people and their prestige points were locked.

A server side change was made to fix this and it's likely unlocked BL's. I'd be hesitant to make one as it may be fixed next patch.
  4. Sennyl New Member

Ah I had no intentions of making one anyway, just wanted to get some clarification about it.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just created a Freeblood Beastlord on my 2nd account, and ran over and hired Stamper Jeralf in Freeport. This account has no access to any expansions (I can't train Stamper) or has any races or classes unlocked, but these things now exist.
  6. holliskål New Member

the lack of official comment on that is one heck of a tease. the possibility of it being unintentional just takes all the excitement out of it, doesn't it?
    ah well. i guess we'll see what happens in a day or two.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Shame beastlords are about to be as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
    Zynt likes this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Just curious; why do you say that? Is it something about the upcoming expansion?
  9. Sennyl New Member

Now that is interesting because neither the purchasable races or the channeler are useable for me, just the BL. Bit of a weird one this is.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

It looks like all of the AoD features were unlocked. BL, tradeskill apprentice, reforging, etc. Mercs were even unlocked without having to have purchased any expansions.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

BL was uber-powerful because of DPS being uncapped. RoS is a massive nerf to DPS and reforging. It'll hurt BL's damage output for sure. They won't be useless, I wasn't really serious about that. But with the changes on beta left how they are, I'm guessing you wouldn't really pick BL's for a dps spot in a raid ahead of wiz/lock/assassin/nec/conj, maybe even ranger?
  12. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

The dps mod nerf is going to impact all pet classes to some extent IMO, not just beastlord, due to those stats being shared. Will definitely be a shift for some.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The difference will be that BL's have really poorly scaled CA's, so they don't have a plan B. Necro and Conj will still own even with their pet's autoattack doing less. Channeller may well have a harder time doing dps too. They'll still be crazy strong healers, but the days of channy's doing 70k+ on burns are probably gone.
    CharbrynEQ2 likes this.
  14. holliskål New Member

any idea how we'll tell if it is intentional?
    would they clarify it in News and Announcements, Game Update Notes, Bug Reports, a server announcement from inside the game...? or do they just not clear these things up and the only way we're gonna find out is by seeing if the option is still there after the next patch?
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Send a message to Dreamweaver or QA team (Ralathor).
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

We'd post in News and Announcements if it was intended, I can tell you it wasn't but I don't have an official word yet. My best guess is they will try and fix it before next patch so I wouldn't assume you get to keep the access.
    Dude, Xevran, Sennyl and 1 other person like this.
  17. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Awww I was hoping it was intentional. I own all the parts of the original Age of Discovery anyway, but I think it would be nice for other players to get that as well. I don't think you realize how angry people get when they buy a current expansion, then discover that Beastlords are still locked for them. The statement that you get ALL past expansions (and Age of Discovery WAS an expansion at release - it was NOT called a game feature pack or whatever you guys want to call it now) causes them to believe this is so, and there is no disclaimer otherwise.

So either you SHOULD include those items for everyone, or you should specifically state WHICH expansions a buyer gets when purchasing a new expansion. (List ALL expansions from the past, EXCEPT AoD, if that's how you want to do it. But be specific.)

I vote for including those for everyone. Just because it would be good relations for DBG.
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

Just to be argue a little..

I would expect ANYTHING changed by a patch to be official UNLESS told otherwise by official channels, otherwise you are putting a GREAT burden on yourself to actively validate and confirm ANY changes of anything really..

It makes no sense to me that "Unless confirmed positive, assume its NOT an intended change"

PS: Got no dog in the fight as i have BL access so to speak, but .. just my 2cent
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. holliskål New Member

i'd think that atleast in the case of things that usually cost money, one should make sure to find out if it's intentional for themselves rather than assuming it is, just 'cause that money is something on the line to really encourage it to get fixed if it's not.
    i mean i'd love to play a beastlord but the possibility of them whipping out a rollback to deal with it makes me not even want to log in for the moonlight ends festival right now just 'cause i don't want to get all that cooking done on even a regular druid if the items and cave currency are just going to get taken away at the next patch. and there's a lot of new characters in beginner zones right now so if it's not meant to have happened, a rollback does seem pretty likely imo. sometimes verifying things can mean saving yourself a bit of effort, even if nothing else.