Reign of Shadows Beta is Live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Abuj Member

I get the same error, and the whole game is down now. Not sure if it is all linked or not.

I tried removing my entire beta map in the directory, but that did not change anything.
  2. Wholfen New Member

Not linked I believe. I was getting the error last night. I was on Halls of Fate when it crashed.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I expect that the first day or three of Beta the download servers will be hammered hard. I'd personally run Launchpad, ask it to Validate files, and if that doesn't help, try again a couple of hours later.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Bugs are reported in each of the respective beta forums, if it doesn't fit there report them in the General Beta category.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Except typos, those they like to have us use /typo for ;)
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That is accurate.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Crazier Member

It is just not the Beta serve it is all of them beat US EU and test on both my desktop and lap top both Lane and wifi
  9. Ohhno Member

Is this expansion going to be Pay to Win again, where players can get items only available on the marketplace that are better than anything in game? This is honestly the biggest issue for me and why I haven't pre-ordered the expansion, and don't plan to.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I can't think of any item on the marketplace that is better than what you can get in game. When people talk about P2W it's usually about spending DBC to level mercs, familiars, mounts, spells, etc and you can get things from the overseer to help with all of those.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Can you list some examples of these P2W items on the marketplace?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

They are doing away with infusing and reforging. If anything, this expansion (substance-wise) will dampen the "P2W/Pay-to-Shortcut" concerns.
  13. Adept Active Member

Are they doing away with infusing though? I note the shrouded infuser bundle that seems to be included in the premium edition.

And while there might not be that much pay to win in marketplace there was certainly pay to win in the more expensive versions of the BOL expansion and I am betting this one.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right at the moment, while MOST items that drop in, say, Sol Eye are already at their max level, we noticed that getting an armor piece unlocks it at the Unlocked Armor Merchant in Sanctus Seru. Then when you buy the gear in Seru, it HAS to be imbued, and you may actually end up with better stats than the unlocking item.

So I'm going to guess that infusing will still be with us, but it might only be raiders maybe doing it. Can't tell yet!
  15. Reaviah New Member

Anyone having this error should try using the old EQ2 client (blue) in the game directory instead of the station launcher (red) I updated my DarqUI and used this execute file and got into the game. Still doesn't work when using the Red launcher. Hope that helps someone. :)
  16. PurpleChicken Active Member

I preordered and now I can't log in to live or beta. Are the people unable to patch and load the game only those who have logged over to beta? Now I can't play the game at all.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

There is an ongoing issue with our CDN provider that the ops and engineering team are still working with them on. This is likely the cause of the issue you're describing.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Ohhno Member

Mount, Merc, Familiar Buff, Infuser (Yes those are supposedly going away). But my point wasn't just about what is best now. I expect all these to get upgrade/replaced with other stuff. The point overall is I want to know if items will be made available on the marketplace for RL money that are better than what you can get in game. It's the biggest problem with PTW, and my biggest problem with this game. Of course I should have looked and realized this is also the Beta forums, so I probably started this question in the wrong place, but eh.