Reign of Shadows Beta is Live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 10, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Norrathians, beta testing begins now! It's hard to believe it's already been a year and it's time again. When you pre-order EverQuest II: Reign of Shadows, you'll be granted access to the expansion's closed Beta. As always, the feedback that players provide during the Beta testing phase of an expansion is invaluable to us, so we want to make sure that you're rewarded for your hard work!

[IMG]

Depending on what you help test, you'll be able to earn a variety of different rewards:

[IMG]

Questing Beta Reward
    Reign of Shadows Quest Beta Reward
      • Shadeweaver Scullion
      • Familiar Experience [25,000]
    [IMG]
    Tradeskill Beta Reward
    Reign of Shadows Tradeskill Beta Reward
    • a sacred badger
    • a sacred crocodile
    • a sacred manta
    • a sacred stag
    • a sacred wolf
    Heroic Beta Reward

Reign of Shadows Heroic Beta Reward
    • Familiar Experience [25,000]
    • Mercenary Training Reduction [10 Day]
    • Mount Training Reduction [10 Day]
    • Spell Research Reducer [10 Day]
    This can be done on alts, or by re-copying your character over to the Beta server.

Getting started on beta is easy this year just /beta and prosper! Level 120 (adventure or tradeskill) characters can use one of the many teleportation spires around Norrath to access the Ulteran Spire Network and choose to travel to City of Fordel Midst [Luclin]

We look forward to hearing your thoughts, and beware of the dangers that lurk on the dark side of the moon Norrathians! Reign of Shadows is almost here!
    nooz and Bludd like this.
  2. Evilgracie Member

Is anyone else able to see City of Frodel Midst from the Spire? I did the /beta which it seemed to accept, but I don't see the beta destination.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

4. Evilgracie Member

5. JoeBoB New Member

i followed that and read that. Lots of useful information and i also did the /beta but am still unable to find the portal to city of Frodel Midst
  6. Posy New Member

Does this mean that only level 120 characters will be able to play the new expansion?
  7. Reaviah New Member

Chris Thompson likes this.
  8. Edaine Member

9. Dude Well-Known Member

Yes, the expansion is meant for toons at level 120.
    dreamweaver and Breanna like this.
  10. Will Turner New Member

Good morning all! Do I understand correct I will get the rest of rewards after RoS final launch?? :)

[IMG]

UPDATE: yes, after launch :) it is written at the bottom of shop-page...
    dreamweaver and Breanna like this.
  11. Sharlek-FR New Member

ok, bye bye beta and preorder, we'll see you next year, I have a lot to do in Norrath before lvl120 !!
    Posy likes this.
  12. Gelenor Well-Known Member

13. Gelenor Well-Known Member

I wus wrong! nothing like getting the pre-order and the familiar mixed up
  14. Crazier Member

15. Dilon Active Member

My sincerest advice to you is not to rush the lower level content.
    Tkia, Mermut and Breanna like this.
  16. Wholfen New Member

17. Chris Thompson Active Member

I started getting this error a few months ago with the regular game. CS was completely stumped, unfortunately. Nothing we tried could get me back into the game. Then it mysteriously resolved on its own. I am now also getting this trying to download the beta. I'm sorry that I cannot offer you any more hope- I don't have any for myself :(

18. Eithne New Member

Stupid Question alert - but where are we reporting bugs? Is it here or a specific thread (I cant see one?)
  19. Crazier Member

It is now also happening on the full game to me
  20. Crazier Member

It is also the same on my lap top