Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obano Well-Known Member

Is re-texturing something that is really going to happen or are just saying it to highlight the difference between the old models and the new Vah Shir.
  2. Xavion Well-Known Member

plz add more hair styles to character creation and more color options for crazier colors if possible
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

So, beta is slated to start in 4 days and there is still ZERO information about preorders, packages, etc :(
    Breanna and Tanto like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's not on anyone's schedule at the moment. Would be nice!
    Breanna and Obano like this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The issue then isn't AA's, or class builds, it's that the solo game is so easy that you don't need to use any of the class-defining abilities your character possesses.
  6. Jiggamann Member

that will be out tuesday i think, youll make a decision within 2 minutes of seeing the perks of each package :)
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I remember, not so long ago, when we'd have information about orders WEEKS in advance.
    Pheidra, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  8. Jiggamann Member

we will have info weeks before the expansion is released... the pre-order is what gets us into beta
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

We used to have information weeks before beta was released..
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The lack of hype for a product going on sale in 4 days time does seem a bit odd.
    Pheidra and Mermut like this.
  11. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1 got the same treatment (and we have 400-500+ players on each server's General chat lately). The hype will be on expansion sale and Beta start.
  12. Pheidra Active Member

Mermut and Tanto are correct. In previous years we got hype information two months before Expac release. One month before expac release was beta. That month of hype got people pumped for the beta and to pre-order. As someone who has pre-ordered on Day 1 of pre-orders, played since 6 months after original release without ever taking a break, and as someone who regularly tests beta content and has helped write a significant amount of the beta articles for the past several expansions, without having any idea what content is actually going to be included combined with the current state of the game, it's doubtful I'll make any sort of decision early in beta.

If others are similar, it means significantly less people beta testing.

I don't see any value in holding the information back unless they're significantly behind schedule, which means beta testing will be even more important.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1 Beta is on schedule and I've heard of no controversy so far.

Hype is hype. Marketing is marketing. Darkpaw is the in the position of "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

I'm sure that even with additional early information, the critics will cry foul because the players were "set up" with incredibly high expectations. The marketing was "deceitful" and "bait-and-switch."

At this point, it may be wise of Daybreak to let their work speak for itself in Beta. If people are on the fence about pre-orders and Beta, they can wait for second-hand reviews. There has been no NDA on Beta for years.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Only reason I can see for holding information back to the last possible moment is so as not to make promises you can't keep.
    Snikkety, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It's a free market. Customers can make their own decisions.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

That shouldn't change pre-order bonuses, included 'extras' in the various packs, etc.
    They should have number of overland zone and number of instances locked in by now...
    We don't even have THAT basic information yet.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

They may be reserving 1 or 2 overland zones and instances for Game Update content. This can explain why the number is not set.

Diaku Corral was probably conceptualized and prefabricated before BoL went Live.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Honestly the only promise I need is that this isn't going to be the worst expac in history. If it is, it's my last.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

20. mandarae New Member

I am curious as well. 4 days until beta and ZERO information as far as package deals and such....Ummmm....some people have kids and christmas. We need details so we know how much we are spending lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.