GULU Week 2 Begins Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 4, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Limited Time item drops can be obtained from Blood of Luclin missions crates and will grant you a bonus based off of their type, such as Familiar Training which will decrease the time remaining to train your current familiar. Limited Time items can only exist in your inventory until they expire, so don't forget to use them!

This year's first limited time item Familiar Training, will be available from 12:01 AM PST on November 5, 2020 until 11:59 PM PST on November 11, 2020 when the next bonus will begin!

Be sure to use this time wisely as you prepare for continuing adventures in Norrath and Reign of Shadows!
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

but familiars arent currently trained, they need straight familiar xp to gain levels
    is this a change coming with tomorrows patch?
    Breanna likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I'll get clarification.
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a verbiage thing, it's familiar xp pots.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  5. Victisa Active Member

yippies! thank you dreamweaver, i was meaning to lvl up my crafting familar for a while nows. :D
    Breanna and Asuplz like this.
  6. Jaxyn Member

So "Gear Up, Level Up" no longer includes a way to LEVEL UP for those of us who aren't 120? And gearing up is only for those who are 120 and do instances.

If the Reign of Shadows is only for 120s &, like BoL, only has instance & raid play, with no overland quests, no spell drops, no shinies that do anything other than go to another shiny collection, why would the rest of us get the expac?

I'd really like a reason to get the expac; I love playing EQ2 and have been playing for 16 yrs. But I can only do casual play due to medical reasons, which doesn't typically include raids or instances.

By the way, the "Dragon Attack" for the anniversary was a BLAST. THAT was fun. Almost like being in a raid, but short duration. Too bad we can't do that again.

I do appreciate the work of the developers, but I'd like to actually get something out of the Gear Up "Level Up" spree. Like maybe exp bonus? Status bonus? Coin bonus for non-heroic instances?

Stay well.
    Julez, Cisteros, Turtlemum and 5 others like this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

During GULU they run different special events each week. There is usually a week that has Double XP, etc. They just announce the promo for the upcoming week. They like to keep us in suspense ;)

As to the content in BoL, it had an amazing amount of solo content! There were all sorts of overland quests/ activities, in addition to the Sig line. The Achievements provided some nice upgrades, as well. Plus, IMHO, it has been one of the friendliest expacs for those that wanted to make the leap into Heroic groups or raiding.
    Ellphaba, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  8. Miroh Well-Known Member

Are we getting new Familiars? Because at the current rate of familiar pots given as rewards from Overseer quests, everyone's Familiar should be maxed level at this point.
    Edenn likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Your drop rate on familiar pots must be spectacular compared against mine. I see one maybe every 3 weeks. When you get a new celestial familiar and your pot dropping is 50K and we're talking about millions of points needed to get it to 10, that just isn't going to happen all that quickly.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yeah, so much this. I've been hoarding my familiar potions from crates and the overseer for the NEXT expansion familiar.

I guess I'll be deleting any 4-hour-use-it-or-lose-it familiar potions this week, /sigh.
    Miroh likes this.
  11. Miroh Well-Known Member

My current count with familiar maxed is...
    25k: 4 - 50k: 11 - 100k: 3
    Got a ton of merc and mount training as well!

Wish they would make these able to stack...
    Jiggamann likes this.
  12. Jiggamann Member

They do stack now :)
    Breanna and Miroh like this.
  13. Miroh Well-Known Member

Really?!!?

Edit: Wow that's great! Thanks for the info! lol, just freed up a whole bag in my bank.
  14. Backbuster New Member

Double status bonus soon?
    Edenn likes this.
  15. Madat New Member

I have the same problem. Being autistic, group and raid play is not possible for me so I can only play solo. Which makes it annoying when we get raid only content. I pay my dues the same as raid players so I expect equal content. Take blue adornments, for example, being raid only drops - how can I get them? Please keep solo only players in mind when designing new content.
    Julez and AOE1 like this.
  16. Ryni Bard since 2004

Again I ask for those of us who just returend to game and want to catch up and decided to go to Kaladim PLEASE give us something even if it's not double exp any bonus would be nice. Kaladim is all subscription accounts so would be great if paying customers on Kaladim could also benefit from this event.
    Julez likes this.
  17. Julez New Member

I agree with this! That BoL access quest is NOT for a solo adventure to gain access to BoL!