Gear Up, Level Up 2020 is almost here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 28, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Gear Up, Level Up has returned once more! Gear Up, Level Up is a time when bonuses become available throughout Norrath to help adventurers prepare for the season's upcoming expansion. This year, we've got a number of different bonuses slated that will all kick off starting tomorrow!

Adventuring on Live Servers, you'll earn double Ethereal coins from 12:01 AM on October 29, 2020 until 11:59 PM PT on November 4, 2020.

In addition to the ethereal bonus, all players on Live Servers will also find themselves earning double Blood of Luclin loot drops from 12:01 PM PT (noon) on October 29, 2020 until Reign of Shadows launches (Which will be revealed at a later date)! Double loot drops means the final boss in expansion dungeon zones will drop twice as much loot as usual.

In the coming weeks, Limited Time item drops can be obtained from Blood of Luclin missions crates and will grant you a bonus based off of their type, such as Research Reduction, which will decrease the time remaining to research your currently researching ability. Limited Time items can only exist in your inventory until they expire, so don't forget to use them!

Be sure to use this time wisely as you prepare for continuing adventures in Norrath and prepare for Reign of Shadows!
    Cassta, Kittybock, SolarFaire and 4 others like this.
  2. Boldac Active Member

So, I get that the primary purpose is to catch people up on Live for the xpac. But, what about the folks on TLE?

I quit playing EQ2 many moons ago because I wasn't happy with the direction shift away from playing to game to get better spells/skills and paying to get the best spells/skills.

I've recently resubbed solely for the TLE server knowing that I would be a bit behind. What I didn't count on was how far behind and I refuse to pay the power leveling and loot bots to catch up.

Would it be too much to ask to throw a bone to all of us who have recently picked up the game again on TLE with bonus xp. I am not asking for double, just a bonus to help those of us who have recently returned get caught up so that we can enjoy the latest expansion drop before people quit running the content while waiting for the expac drop.

Thanks!
    Jaxyn, Siren, Cassta and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ghosting Member

Yeah I think that they usually do Gear Up, Level Up for live servers only to get ready for the next expansion launch which they do at the end of the year. TLE is on a different time frame so they usually don't do it for those reasons. I'm on Kaladim Server too but yeah it would be cool if they gave us some type of bonus too. I'm loving the nostalgia feel of the Kaladim Server. It's probably the current most populated server it seems like sometimes.
    Cassta and SolarFaire like this.
  4. Backstabbber Member

I hope you mean those Shards also I can't get those to save my life. You say the staff is important but can't get the shards so how will I ever get the staff.
    Cassta, Tierisch and SolarFaire like this.
  5. Bellamorte Active Member

Does this mean double Firebrand Pearls as well maybe? ;)
    Cassta, SolarFaire and Revanu like this.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

Man, I have not missed a weekly on two toons and raided 6 times a week for 3 hours a night since the staff came out. I still don't have all of the collections yet. Terrible, just terrible luck. I surely wish you would fix that pita...
    Cassta, Tierisch and SolarFaire like this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Nope. They are not technically loot.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  8. Julianxzz Member

In the coming weeks, Limited Time item drops can be obtained from Blood of Luclin missions crates and will grant you a bonus based off of their type, such as Research Reduction, which will decrease the time remaining to research your currently researching ability. Limited Time items can only exist in your inventory until they expire, so don't forget to use them!

When will this start?
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Ozymundas Active Member

No mention of a double status event? To my knowledge, this has always been a part of the Gear Up, Level Up series of events. It is about time we see one, especially with an increase in guild levels coming.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is just week 1. Typically they switch up the event from week to week. Double XP, Double Currency, etc. I'm hoping for a double status somewhere in the sequence as well. Maybe in conjunction with the Hero's Day Festival.
    Ingerimm, Cassta, Tierisch and 2 others like this.
  11. Ryni Bard since 2004

First let me say no matter what the tag under my name says I have played since back in Beta. I recently came back to the game and found live overwhelming with everything added the last 3-4 years. So I decided to play on Kaladim, loving it so far but I feel very far behind and finding groups is hard. I have spent money on sub, large bags, and the Baubbleshire house but I refuse to buy krono just to get caught up and pay some powerleveler that may or may not be botting.

I would very much appreciate some sort of bonus exp on Kaladim so I can be in the current content and enjoy my favorite part of the game, instances and dungeon crawls.
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

The "new member" thing is just about points earned on the forum.

Dreamweaver is working on this.

Demvarwen @screamweaver 2: The Reckoning can you confirm? Kaladim gets nothing?

screamweaver 2: The Reckoning Today at 11:46 AM Similar to last year as of right now, GULU is for live servers only. Similar to last year I am going to see if we can adjust that in some way.
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Bellamorte Active Member

But, but....They do go into our bags instead of the currency tab.....So that's loot right?!?! :D
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah I think pearls are *specifically* final boss loot, which is what's described :p
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's only if you must have instant gratification that you have to spend real life cash to upgrade spells.

You can upgrade all spells to at least Grandmaster/Ancient using in-game play methods only. This probably will require you to purchase at least some of your Masters on the broker, along with Illegible Scroll Pages for Ascensions. Spells/Ascensions in the Chaos Descending range can be upgraded to Celestial if you're willing to get a group together and do the monthly Celestial quest. The rest can be researched in your Knowledge Book, and "Gear Up " events tend to drop spell research reduction potions.

I admit that Masters seem thin on the ground. They don't even drop reliably in BoL raids, though we see one every now and again. And if you buy them on the broker, the price will be steep.

To get the plat to buy them on the broker, harvest your tuchis off and pick up shinies along the way. Sell rares and shinies on the broker. Go hunt lower level Heroic dungeons for shinies (mentoring if needed) and sell those.

Once you generate enough plat this way, start looking for people selling Krono at "cheap" prices (this will depend on your server; on Maj'Dul I look for folks selling at 8 million plat or less), ten turn around and sell that Krono for the normal prevailing price (which is about 8.5Mp on Maj'Dul), making a tidy increase of half a million plat on that transaction. Save the money and keep flipping Kronos, and soon enough you can buy anything you want. People who need plat Right Now are the ones most likely to be selling cheap. You are most likely to sell your flipped Krono at the end of a month when people are renewing subscriptions, so a little patience is required.
    Cassta and Evguenil62 like this.
  16. Ozymundas Active Member

I think we may have strayed from the topic. :)
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

YES to double status! Not all guilds are raiding guilds or have many players who raid. Additionally, double or bonus experience would be greatly appreciated for those who are on live servers but have not leveled enough to get to PoM or BoL, much less the new expansion.
    Ingerimm and Breanna like this.
  18. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Yes, we haven't had a double guild status and double personal status event for ages.

It used to be done at least twice a year, now we haven't had it for a year or something like that. As far as I can remember.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

These are just the ones I could find easily. There may or may not be more.

Double personal status in April/May. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ses-beginning-on-4-30-20.594553/#post-6607782

Another double personal status in April. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-the-team-and-bonus-week.593964/#post-6601989

Double guild and personal in December. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-with-tempting-treasures.591990/#post-6581594
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you do the daily Heritage Crate Overseer quest, you get a status clicky every day, I have thousands and thousands of status points in the form of these clickies stored in my bank until I need them for something.

I get most of my status not from raids, but from daily/weekly BoL heroic and solo quests. You can also rack it up doing crafting writs, other quests, etc.
    Breanna and Chris Thompson like this.