Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PopeSaly Pope of Solusek Ro

Forget about this Var Shir. I WANT MY HALF-ORC!!!
  2. Amoon Member

Awesome. can't wait to explore the new content. Thank you all for keeping this going through the years. I always look forward to this time of year .
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Struck New Member

What's the chance that click to cure can add a potion icon, and that the 4 ailment potions can be on separate timers? (or a cure-all potion for ailment to ease bag space and hot bar spots?
    Health a power potions on separate timers, since they do two completely different things?
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

My enjoyment of this next expansion will be directly tied to the quality of Master crafted gear. If it is in its proper place in between solo and heroic then I will be happy. If it is the debacle of last expansion I wont.

Please make sure us dedicated crafters have gear to make that helps all players progress.
  5. The Martian Active Member

Hear Hear!

I second that and remove the shadowed stuff you have to recover for fuel.... Make it a regular fuel!!!!!! That part particularly Sucks too!
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Dakisis New Member

i wish you guys would of introduced a dog race as well "knolls" as a playable race. that would be so much fun cats and dogs fighting against and with each other.
    “Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!” - the great Dr. Peter Venkman
    maybe next time
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could you make sure copies from Test are enabled this year for Beta please? We are a bunch of dedicated players there and not being able to copy our mains with full gear and items is a pain.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

AAAHH the hairy kerras
    Breanna likes this.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

@Dreamweaver
    What can you tell us about the "size" of the expansion as in how many overland zones, contestant dungeons and Heroics Dungeons. The other major city has not been mentioned, will it be in there ?
    It seems that with 2 expansions covering Luclin there is still a good chunk from the original eq1 Luclin not added.

Is there going to be a third Luclin expansion or will you add zones via GUs ?
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol , I don't know but those Vah Shir look just like kerra with more hair on their heads , but that's just me I guess , shrugs .
    It's all in a name and hair follicles that grow longer hair .
    Are we going to get the spotted Vah Shir ? , now that would be different .

I for sure hope there is more than a bunch of dungeons this time , and LOTS of quests .
    Breanna and Mermut like this.
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

Kerra + al sharpton perm = free joe exotic
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Raiivann Member

I'd like to add my +1 to this also! Please allow us to be able to contribute more than just spell upgrades.
    Doobius40504, Breanna and Whilhelmina like this.
  13. Ashlie Active Member

Have you done the Tradeskill quest line. That also rewards the ability to fly. That is the way I am able to fly there on most of my toons.
    Dude likes this.
  14. Ramone_AB Active Member

As an armorsmith, I would love to be actually useful again.... I haven't been useful since ... like first 5 expansions IRC and then stats got all f'd up..... I mean heck give armorsmiths the ability to make items that are like adorns but are cheap to make but offer a benefit be it: Block/MIT/HP/STA/PRI Stat (Maybe 1/2 of what base stats for adorns and have some materials raided that provides Fabled level stats like fable adorns. Have them be of varying degrees: handcrafted, mastercrafted and fabled (be it raided or expert level zones to drop the materials, or add them to the overseer tables, it would make Overseers a lot more useful too.
  15. Evilgracie Member

I was thrilled to see a new expansion. I've enjoyed the game for many many years and am excited to see new content being created. Sure there are things about the game I don't like or would like different, but it's still here, still viable and still evolving and still fun!
    Sionx and Breanna like this.
  16. Ramone_AB Active Member

Oh and another thing.... HQ's please??? Sheesh.. the last couple expansions been light on things and then its a gear grind. I know your light on people but come on give us more quests and some HQ's, Masteries would be nice, even if they are done via Live Updates.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Armorsmiths were huge in CD with the MC armor.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Ndiar Active Member

If you use DarqUI you can create profiles for different hotbar setups for your different ascensions and can easily load them. He even had tutorial videos on his Patreon site on hot do it if you don't want to figure it out yourself.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Something that has never actually existed in EverQuest.

The lore behind the Kerrans is that when Luclin was cut off from Norrath 500 years ago, the Vah Shir who found themselves trapped on Luclin integrated into the Kerran tribes, interbred, and now the Kerran race are their direct genetic descendants.

Luclin was blown up sometime around 35 years before the current time, and the Vah Shir went extinct when the moon blew up. We've now undone the destruction of Luclin and prevented it from happening again, so the Vah Shir are now back from extinction and now find themselves exploring a Norrath some 35 years into the future from their perspective.

The Vah Shir in EQ1 could choose between numerous appearances based on different Big Game cats: Lions, Tigers, Lynxes, Leopards, Jaguars, Cougars, etc. One of them absolutely was a black spotted leopard. I wouldn't doubt that the Vah Shir will have fur patterns like the Kerrans do.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Vah Shir have all new fur patterns that are really nice.
    Sionx, Ashlie, Schmetterling and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.