Heroes' Festival 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know :) we get all the regular quests in Qeynos and Freeport not the dream ones though
    I can't wait to get my hands on those canopies .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Bug according to CS - Thanks to Niami, I completed the Test: Mischeva's Champion so I could get the Development Kudos Reward yesterday. The achievement shows completed on test. The achievement does NOT show up completed on live. I would strongly suggest removing it from live's achievement panel if it can never be completed.

ETA: According to a 2017 HF feedback and bugs post, this happened back then and was never fixed. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-feedback-and-bugs.581719/reply&quote=6475034
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what's the point of having that achievement in the first place if you can't brag about it on live ?
    Wouldn't it be better to show of there, to maybe get more people to come to the test server .
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, if they'd open up a Test Copy so we could copy our existing toons to Test, I think more people would help test.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I think that point came up before and they said they have beta for that now .
  6. The Martian Active Member

Question do magic attacks actually work on he Champions that spawn?

If I send any of my mages against the Champion they don't seem to move the %damage bar on the target at all. It only starts to move when I am whacking on it with my weapons.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks

The Martian
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

The issue as reported back in 2017 was that a kill on the Test server had not successfully been noted by the Test achievement. I have not heard of that issue since then.

What you're reporting is that you had expected the achievement to have been marked on your live server, too. That's not the functionality of this achievement. Yes, it is confusing to have the achievement listed on live servers. I wish that we had a means to hide achievements per server, but we do not.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

That still wouldn't give your live character the achievement.
    If you really want to create a character on Public Test, there is literally nothing to stop you from doing so. Since Public Test is a different "realm" than US or Euro (live servers), you can create as many characters on Public Test as you can on US or Euro.
    As an incentive to get more "Testers", upon entering the game on a new character, a bauble to level to 110 will appear in your bag within a few seconds or you can level the old fashion way! Whether you use the bauble or level slowly, the server has a bonus at all times to help as well.
    The community is small, but very helpful. The bonus to playing there:
    • Ability to start at level 110 if you choose to.
    • The community is small but helpful! Be it spells crafted or assistance with quests.
    • You can help test upcoming events before they go live. (one awards an item to claim on live, Test: Mischeva's Champion)
    • Testing and helping find bugs before events are released to live can boost your morale!
    • The server is up during patch times on Live and you can get some play-time in!
    The only "downside" to playing on Public Test:
    • 15-minute warnings when a patch is coming and although most of the time it's later in the evening, it can vary.
    • The lack of coin (platinum) can make it difficult to get started. If a member, this is where those loyalty tokens come in handy to purchase the bag of coin (500 platinum per 5 loyalty tokens)
    • Although there are items for sale on the broker, it is very limited with items due to the fact the community is small and very self-sufficient.
    So anyone, be it a member or free-to-play, is welcomed to create a character on Public Test!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Other advantages to Public Test (NOT Beta; we get a lot more action than they do now ;->) include 200% xp, usually (can still burn through it ;->), and all your Advanced [Crafter] Volumes are available for sale by an NPC, The Book Worm in The Tower of the Moon (2nd floor) in the city of Maj'Dul. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea the only problems I see is, people don't want to begin over unless they get a big reward or there is a healthy population .
    One thing I wonder about is , letting people transfer toons to test , not just temporary .
    But this transfer would have to be a lot cheaper , if not for free .
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They did allow that once, back in the spring of 2005. It started off well but by 2007, test population had dwindled some and they stopped using Test players to test raid content. When that happened, most re-rerolled characters on live, including me. ;)
    Note in my signature, Kuuleix was one of two characters I moved from Live to Test. Her "birth date" is November 10th, 2004 although Test Server didn't come to fruition until December and she has an "X" at the end of her name, because I made a "Kuulei" on Test and when she moved in the spring of 2005 from live, an "X" was added.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

To all the TLE players on Kaladim, I hope you are pleasantly surprised by the change in Heroes' Festival content available to you! I had not counted on TSO being available on the server, months ago, when I was working on this event, but because I knew it might be I had scripted the event to check for the expansion. It's there, and as a result... here you go:

Enjoy Mischeva's Clothworks in Antonica, The Commonlands, Sinking Sands, and Kylong Plains!
    Enjoy Thumore's Absence, Shattered Remains, and A Dream Adventure!
    Enjoy the full event merchant list of house items, mounts, and equipment!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kaitheel, I know that the folks on TLE are gonna be super excited about this! Nice work!
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we are very happy , jumps around like a grasshopper .
    We thought it was a mistake and we were running 3 raid forces around the clock to hunt down as many puppets as possible
    I love , love , love you guys .
    People canceled raids so they could jump right in , they will be so happy to find out that this was not a mistake .

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
  15. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

Glad you liked it! I did catch one dragon in thundering steppes last year that was fun maybe I catch another one or just watch from afar this year.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this are clothworks , as in they don't hurt they are just epic t4 because they got a tone of health
  17. Karamella Well-Known Member

There seems to be something wrong with the Heroe's Festival Outfits this year. Even the vendor doesn't know the prices, but he doesn't sell it for zero copper either.

It probably might only be an issue to live servers.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The dragons were specifically a 15th anniversary of the game event. The patchworks are fun, because any level player can join the assembly and throw damage at them.
  19. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

anyone crashes doing the dream quests in qeyous ?
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not uncommon to crash if you zone a lot, which this quest requires. Try rebooting your computer, it may help some.