Heroes' Festival 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The Heroes' Festival has begun! We invite all Norrathian adventurers to commemorate our years of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating, and socializing. Celebrators can be found in Qeynos Capitol District and the city of Freeport, alongside special event merchants hawking some new wares in honor of the festivities. You won't want to miss The Mischeva Play-Actors and their clothwork creations touring through Antonica, the Commonlands, Sinking Sands, Kylong Plains, the Eidolon Jungle, and Stonebrunt Highlands!

I must warn you though, not all is well during this time of celebration. Laral Spenler, a traveling trader in Antonica, claims to have witnessed a mysterious abduction. She now waits for the hero she claims is fated to help.

New features for '20
    TLE server (Kaladim):
    • The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
      • Mischeva's Clothworks:
        • Roehn Theer (Requires The Stonebrunt Highlands)
        • Baelon (Requires Eidolon Jungle)
      • Mischeva's Clothworks (associated quests and collections) and Thumore's quest line.
    • Heroes' Festival Merchant prices have been adjusted specifically for TLE due to the lack of Mischeva's Clothworks event.
    • In-game mail to announce TLE event
    Live servers:
    • New Overseer quests and Agent, offered by Laral Spenler in Antonica.
      • 3 new quests
      • 1 new agent
    • 6 new festival themed house items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Token of Heroism.
    • 7 new festival themed equipment items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Mischeva's Tribute, including a new mount!
    Returning features:
    • Achievements:
      • Test: Mischeva's Champion - only available on Test!
      • Badge of Heroics - complete all repeatable holiday quests
      • Mischeva's Champion - defeat all patchwork bosses.
      • Darathar's Reprise - defeat Darathar
      • Djinn Master's Reprise - defeat Djinn Master
      • Trakanon's Reprise - defeat Trakanon
      • Roehn Theer's Reprise - defeat Roehn Theer
      • Baelon's Reprise - defeat Baelon
    • Mischeva's Clothworks event - A strange woman and her band of play-actors have been seen travelling around Norrath. Where they set up camp, they bring to life the stories of Norrath's past.
      • Tokens of Heroism have a chance to drop from the clothwork public quest reward chests.
    • Mischeva's Tribute currency, dropped by the clothwork bosses across Norrath.
    • Collections:
      • Glyphs of Ethernere
      • Icons of Ultera
      • Kunark Runes
      • Desert of Ro Charms
      • Shattered Lands Marks
      • Samples of Destiny
    • Quests:
      • "The Play's The Thing" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "A Heroes' Feast in Qeynos!" and "A Heroes' Feast in Freeport!" - Tradeskill quests (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Festive Flames in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max now increased to 50 times!)
      • "Thumore's Absence" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "Shattered Remains" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Missing Decorations in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max now increased to 50 times!)
      • "… Band Aid" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is Not repeatable)
      • "Aggressive Advertising in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max now increased to 50 times!)
      • "A Dream Adventure" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
    Please note: The scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (120). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

Due to the current update schedule, any feedback submitted after 10/19 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 11/06/20 at 12:01 AM PST through 11/16/20 at 11:59 PM PST on the live & TLE servers.

Please post any bugs you encounter, or feedback you have, pertaining to this event in this thread.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

These all could be purchased and placed properly, and the prices look sane.

I was able to figure out the mount fine (and it converts properly to a house item), but there are WAY too many equipment items on that vendor for me to figure out which 6 are new. Any hints? (set name?)
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

If there's that many now is it time for a new item vendor split yet?
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, they're all named "Combine __ of [city]."

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I'll add that to the list for next year!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The overseer series works as it should, the house item places properly, and the prefix title works as expected. :D
  7. Kasa Well-Known Member

Encounter no problems with quest mobs scaling to Level 120.
  8. Valeur New Member

Currently trying to copy one of my characters over to test on Halls of Fate, but it saying it is disasble for the moment. :) Would love to try out some of the newer content prior.
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Agree with above comment, having to raise a new toon is many peoples biggest obstacle to testing. Would test copy, similar to beta copy, ever be available?
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There is a buff dropping in your inventory after a couple seconds with an insta-level to 110 (TS and adventure one)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You cannot copy on Test, but as Whilhelmina mentioned, you get a buff bauble in your inventory after you log in a new character. (It stealth-adds. There is no message, so just look in your bags :D)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

While doing my House Item Preview videos, I noticed that the item "Lair of Scale Standard". The cloth doesn't scale up, it actually shrinks into more of a triangle shape instead of keeping rectangular shape. Not sure if that is desired behavior or not.

[IMG]
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that does not look right , somebody has to learn how to do laundry you don't wash this things on hot cycle
    hand was or delicate :D ;)
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

LOVE the Festival canopies!
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, that's all code based, for some reason.. how odd. I assume it is related to the cloth code being used on it. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do to adjust it.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

I don't see the "Lair of Scale Standard" as having that problem when I scale it up.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think it is to late for this request , but we were creating a memorial for a fallen Guardian in our guild .
    We would need a great looking Great sword and a tower shield to decorate his tome with , but on Kaladim we are limited.
    I was wondering if we could get a nice great sword house item on our merchant for Hero Festival , pretty please , I don't think there are any tower shields for decorating .
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you're willing to spend actual cash, the Marketplace probably has swords and shields that can be wall-mounted. Since I can't get into game at the moment, I can't confirm, but I think at least some of the appearance gear converts to house items.

Otherwise, you put a shield on a mannequin, then sink the mannequin into a wall until only the shield shows. You have to roll then a little to get the round stand on the bottom into the wall as well. That's how I decorated this room:
    [IMG]

Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 90 has four Mounted Greatsword recipes that will hang on a wall.

Other wall-mountable swords:

\aITEM 1961133364 1625066056:Ghoulbane\/a
    Quest reward from [36] Restoring Ghoulbane (Heritage) (Heroic), started by Toranim Skyblade in Qeynos Capitol District.

\aITEM -1631698793 2030020629:Bone Bladed Claymore\/a
    Quest reward from [45] The Bone Bladed Claymore (Heritage), started by examining the glowing sword in Stormhold (-150, 6, -96).

\aITEM -1743178776 -1718186676:Trophy: Obrel's Gambit\/a
    Quest reward from [50] Lore and Legend: Centaur (Lore and Legend), started by examining centaur parts or by examining A History of the Centaur in The Thundering Steppes (593, 1, -144).

\aITEM 1093042023 -1227501987:Trophy: The Bloodlathe\/a
    Quest reward from [50] Lore and Legend: Nightblood (Lore and Legend), started by examining nightblood parts or by examining The Nightblood in Rivervale (-182, -20, -28).

\aITEM -493472761 380072565:a blade of the righteous\/a
    Buy from Meredeth in Qeynos Capitol District (525, -32, -169) needs at least 30,000 faction with The Celestial Watch or buy from Jilae Ilaya in Greater Faydark (322, 122, 292) needs at least 30,000 faction with Protectors of Growth. Plus some cash and status.

\aITEM 687360147 -875790396:Carved Aeteok Replica\/a
    Purchased from a Heroes' Festival merchant in Qeynos Capitol District (310, -21, -46) or The City of Freeport (68, -20, 90) for 25 Mischeva's Tribute.

\aITEM 476872976 181763594:Carved Enoxus Replica\/a
    Purchased from a Heroes' Festival merchant in Qeynos Capitol District (310, -21, -46) or The City of Freeport (68, -20, 90) for 25 Mischeva's Tribute.

\aITEM 1794954391 2017958926:Replica: Qeynos Claymore\/a
    Purchased from a Heroes' Festival merchant in Qeynos Capitol District (310, -21, -46) or The City of Freeport (68, -20, 90) for 35 Mischeva's Tribute.

\aITEM 2144155529 956490244:Replica: Soulfire\/a
    Purchased from a Heroes' Festival merchant in Qeynos Capitol District (310, -21, -46) or The City of Freeport (68, -20, 90) for 35 Mischeva's Tribute.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for the ideas Sigrdrifa but the shield goes at the foot end of the sarcophagus and a manikin would show ,
    now the sword goes on top of the sarcophagus so a manikin could be send to it's grave facing down .
    This is a memorial we built on Kaladim , so we are limited by the expansions we have available , even our cash shop is limited
    well we figured we will use some heritage rewards like the bone bladed claymore , but I have seen such awesome looking great swords ( two handed ) in the hero festival , problem is they are rewards you can only buy with Mischeva
    coins and we will not get the clothworks puppets on Stormhold .
    That is why I asked if we could get them for regular hero festival coins .

Wow that is one awesome room Sigrdrifa .
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I thought I saw somewhere that they were making some stuff available for festival coins on TLE... At any rate, you don't have long to wait!