Server Maintenance - October 20, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by jgolenbo, Oct 19, 2020.

1. jgolenbo New Member

Hi folks,

Filling in for Dreamweaver today while he takes some much-deserved R&R, your regularly scheduled host will be back later this week.

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 7:00 AM PDT (14:00 UTC). Due to an additional database maintenance, downtime is expected to last up to 4 hours.

Update Notes can be found over in the Game Update Notes Forum.
    Breanna, Crazylayde, Amoon and 4 others like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

nice to meet you igolenbo welcome to the hot bed of community go between :D.
  3. Valens Member

After 1 1/2 months, still no plans to fix the item stacking problems on the broker?
  4. jgolenbo New Member

you as well, my friend!
    Breanna and Miauler like this.
  5. Cordage New Member

I love how the real questions get ignore....lol
    AOE1 and Juraiya like this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

News and Announcements.
    Schmetterling and Miauler like this.
  7. Punmietz New Member

Oooo, you got tricked into chat for update on magic mushroom day? :p
    Hello, welcome and thank you for all that you do. /salute
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Xenogenetic420 New Member

New Player here ^_^ How is the maintenance going? I just found this forum page, figured I'd check in and say hello :D
    Breanna and Miauler like this.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

You will know when you are able to log in. Surprise ! Surprise ! Surprise !
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Eldarshar New Member

Four hours! Holy crap! So much for wanting to play, freshly returned to EQ2, on my day off. You suck. Canceling monthly earlier than I figured.
  11. Punmietz New Member

Not sure if you are serious or not. There has ALWAYS been maintenance on Tuesdays, sorry you didn't remember that. >.< You should be nicer.
  12. Marae Well-Known Member

Yeah, Eldarshar... I know it's tough when you have plans and something like this comes up, but they didn't do this to you on purpose. They didn't know it was your day off. As Punmietz said, there's always been maintenance on Tuesdays. It does have to be done sometime.

This might be a good time to peruse the forums, look for answers to any questions you might have about how the game has changed, and that kind of thing.

And Smels? That's not really very helpful, either. Hmm. Maybe we all need a chill pill.

And welcome to jgolenbo - thanks for giving Dreamweaver a break!

And - YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! NO MORE BATTALION BUFF!!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!

:D

er... that is, no more fireworks surrounding the battalion buff. I have no issues with the buff itself. :rolleyes:
    Breanna, Crazylayde, Asuplz and 3 others like this.
  13. Miauler Active Member

Welcome to the bear pit, jgolenbo! It's brave of you to face the horde!
    Good to hear that there's some database TLC being delivered (an oft overlooked aspect, so very positive hearing it's being taken seriously; sign of a a team of professionals who know what they're up to).
    Thanks for the comms that this'll be a longer outage than normal. Hope all goes smoothly, and the sysops get their "post maintenance treats" (donuts, chocolates, random nice stuff). :)
    As the old quote goes, Operations is 99% boredom, 1% sheer screaming terror. Hopefully this cycle fits in the "boring" category.
    Houjaamo, Breanna, Crazylayde and 2 others like this.
  14. Elskidorr Active Member

I can't believe they did this to you! This has to be personal. What do you think you did that made them so upset to ruin your day off?
  15. Escape Goat Member

Sweet Jesus. Its 4 hours. I'm not sure if thats enough time for you to gain some perspective but give it a try at least.
  16. Xenogenetic420 New Member

All I know is I want to get back to building random **** out of Tinkerfest materials. :p Also, when its back up, please take the time to go look at Builders Paradise on Massive Homes :) And anyone who can make the materials, I need thousands of Tinkered Carbonite and Gold Dividers :D Will work out a deal with you if you want too make a stack, even if it's only 20 :) All help is appreciated while I build more tanks, submarines, helicopters, and other neat mechanical devices!!
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You gotta tell us which server, LOL. We're already 30 minutes past when we should be back up, so I imagine a lot of us are hovering over our keyboards...
    Griffon Lady and Breanna like this.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Four hour downtime today.
    Breanna and Tierisch like this.
  19. Xenogenetic420 New Member

Umm....yeah about that xD is Skyfire a server?:p Its a server, I know that much :) I'm still new so I just clicked one and crossed my fingers. :D I sure picked a good 1.
    Breanna, Amoon and Tierisch like this.
  20. jimmyfrank Member

relax if youre a returning player you know that tuesday is always server maintenace day . next time pick a better day to take off and play . i have also made this mistake many times in my life . welcome back i have also recently returned after many years AFK its good to be back and to see older players returning
    Breanna, Doobius40504 and Asuplz like this.