Are all modifications legal ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Londoner, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

wait wait this isn't Sigrdrifa's toon was standing rooted as frozen, creating feeling of player sleeping while playing?
    i don't remember that someone gave me at least one.. think it will be properly, if appropriate prefix (such as "scrooge mcduck" or "smaug") is ​​automatically added to names of their toons. to make it clear in front of whom you need to squat
    if limit time of game for everyone because of one (because of Bob), so that he gets worse, then does this mean that thousands of much poorer people will get worse. unless of course what Sigrdrifa wrote is true?
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I play as much as 6 hours in one day. But my normal would be 6 to 8 hours per week. Unless there is a festival like NotD.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

A person who -can- play 18 hours a day is still playing fairly as they are only using EQ2's official servers to play the game.
    Think of it this way. A person playing 18 hours a day is like the professional athlete who practices all the time. The person using 3rd party apps is the one not practicing but chooses to use steroids instead.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

ZOMG, I have a bunch of alts. I stay busy!
    AOE1 and Pixistik like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

just shy of a quarter bill, but yea, bots haven't stopped me from making money without any loopholes or duping.

Besides, the folks that write the bot programs should get a little back for their effort.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

:rolleyes: I got the point, they asked for others thoughts on the matter.
    Stop worrying about things you cant change and focus on having fun.. simple
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I'm not "worrying" about it. Just not willing to be complicit in it through silence.
  8. Kenn Well-Known Member

If I see this, then I Iower my price to a stupid level, then buy their up and raise the price again.
    Ramone_AB, Feldon, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Wasn't meant for you sry, was meant for the OP to reiterate my position on things.
  10. Ramone_AB Active Member

Well OP,

Back when the game launched I had folks on AB get bent out of shape because they didn’t like my pricing, told them off and to shove it. They left me alone, guess what here we are now and if I was on your server with you and you complained about my pricing..... same deal. Don’t like it but me out and reprice, I normally go with cheapest and shoot to move volume.

The broker is a game and if your trying to get rich off it, 16 year old game = sell Kronos at this time. The stuff on there is just stuff.
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see stuff that has dropped for me several times, priced in the thousands of plat. I price mine at much lower, mine sells.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Unless you are admitting to using a 3rd party app that you use to reprice your items as soon as someone sells for cheaper than yours then the OP doesn't really care about how you are pricing (as far as this thread goes).
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I agree with Feldon. Just using a mod or 3rd party software to get a notification that someone has undercut your price on the broker is not "automated play", since you still have to go in-game, open the broker, and manually reprice the items. This would actually be incredibly helpful for me, since I have one main salesman character who has six 100-slot boxes, and I go through every item in those boxes about twice a day. Having a report would allow me to just fix the items that need to be fixed, plus whatever new stuff I am dumping on the broker!

OTOH, if a mod or 3rd party app is not just detecting the undercut, but ALSO changing the price on your identical broker item, then THAT is against the rules. I do tend to suspect instances where the undercut is 1 copper.

I tend to lower my price by ~5p if I'm undercut, at least until we get down to items at 200p or less, when how much I drop my price is somewhat whim-driven. I don't think it would be simple to get a mod/bot app to reprice the way I do, since I am technically lowering my price to the nearest lower number that ends in 0 or 5, rather than an exact 5p.
    Feldon and Geroblue like this.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

According to official statements on EQ1, third party programs permitted must;

1. Read logs or output file only.

2. Results must be displayed in a non-client window.

With the caveat that:

1. It does not automate play.

2. Does not provide an advantage that is not obtainable in game.
  15. Londoner Member

Thank you all for your replies it is good to get some feedback and food for thought.
    As for limiting gameplay for players personally I would be strongly against this practice as a lot of players play video games as real life is either difficult or they obviously have nothing better to do which is sad really but in these troublesome times quite understandable.

I resolved this matter by placing prices rock bottom nearly the same price as the rares themselves, not good I know but the player concerned has a few options open to themselves either work their butt off so that harvest and craft items for just above the rare prices or sell the rares themselves. This way what they are grafting for is peanuts. However this also of course means that the broker prices are not very good for the rest of the server.

Hopefully next expansion the crafting is not so limited so that there is more of an open market. The current expansion has ruled out a lot of trade skill classes as the clothes, armour, jewellery, weapons etc are not very broker friendly.
    Pixistik likes this.