Jadeite Medallion: Alternate method to earn these?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Singing Steel and Blood Ember crates provide a chase buff now. Ergott will be obsolete, however; so, I've suggested that Ergott owners get a special ground/air speed buff.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You should know by now that anything you got before an expansion will be outclassed by something in the new expansion. I mean, the raid mount is not better than the blue lion, but it's close, so next expansion? Yeah, something new will come along.

And I expect the same with mercenaries and familiars.
    Cassta, Beee and Breanna like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

I expect the same - and this is one of the reasons why 2x7000 Jadeite Medaillions are much too much in Octover for these items
    Cassta likes this.
  4. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

and the Crates have not been that good lately a lot less Trainers
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Normally, we agree on a lot of things. Unfortunately, the price for that mount given coins availability is beyond ridiculous. Secondly, people are already stopping playing because 1) it's tough to play the game in a chair because you've got a dolllar hungry vampire with his fangs in your *** sucking your wallet dry 2) the content is so limited (or in cases buggy/laggy that they're tired of doing it week after week with the same "no results" loot. There's simply no reason to log in to do heroics any more for many people and they're about as bored with current raid content because of consistent lag issues. We were in Sol the other night and the lag was so bad, you could hit a button and 18 seconds later, it would finally fire off. We've seen a significant drop off in participation in weekly heroics and fewer and fewer are logging in to raid.
    The problem here is that the decreasing population will not pick up the loss of income from absent players. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want a PTW game then price your product accordingly. You want a lot of micro transactions, not one big one every now and then. Any marketing person worth their money would look at this model and laugh.
    Cassta and Beee like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I've seen a decrease in population among several games I play. People are likely feeling the economic and home stressors of the coronavirus pandemic.

The crate chase items are veblen goods. They are luxury goods that are helpful but not required for gameplay.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The Singing Steel merc bonus buff and Blood Ember familiar bonus buff are unique and will last several expansions.

The chase items are veblen goods. They are luxury goods that provide some benefit but not required for gameplay. EQ2 does not focus on PVP so the benefit is not a gamechanger.

Cassta and Obano like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Come and buy chests - now you only need 2000 USD to get mount and merc there is a 33% bonus Jadeite Medaillions this week

/emote *headbang*
    Fedac, Cassta, Wish and 1 other person like this.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

No one mentioned the familiar buff. Ive seen them sell for upwards of 50....yes 50 krono.....as recently as a week ago. And you just know people are selling them under the table for rl $$ as well.

How long will that be good for? Will it be available soon for 7000 medallions as well?
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

The crazy thing is people are paying that right now ... less than two months from the likely launch of the next expansion, which means new familiars.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

50 krono ist about 1000 USD. This is cheaper than getting 7000 jadeite out of chests
  12. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

So the familiar buff is placed permanently on an individual familiar and not on the one that happens to be currently summoned?
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Damn. I saw one for sale on Skyfire for 125 million platinum.

25-50 Krono is about the price for top items on EQ1 and EQ2.

Some players on EQ1 TLP servers have upwards of 1,000+ Krono. I believe at least one player has 2,165 Krono.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

7000 Jadeite medaillions at the end of an expansion for merc and mount is just greedy and - sorry about this - stupid and destructive
    The 7000 Jadeite Medaillions (or 1500 USD in chests) might be right value for the actual buff, but not for previous things

Both - or all theree things - are crazy and bring players to quit eq2 or not to extend membership in the next expansion
    MSMS and Snikkety like this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has 2500 jadeite Medaillions right now because of not getting them at the beginning of the chests. He decided to buy the new expansion and renew his allaccsess in december if he can get at lest one of the 3 things (merc/mount/buff)

I really only can support him - I allready own 2/3 of them for my main - and not for my raid alts :mad:
    MSMS likes this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

I would like a currency exchange my 38365 Mark of Twilight for 7000 Jadeite Medaillions ;)
    Snikkety likes this.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

With the upgrading of these 3 items players are still forced to spend 1500 USD each if they need them. - which is a crazy amount

We need other ways to get Ergott than for 7000 Jadeite Medaillons. Planned 175 Resolve / 2kk abilitymod is a huge amount

Actual we have the following methods:

1) Marketplace Crates for DBC (Jadeite Medaillions + chance for the buff)
    2) monthly 500 DBC Crates (Jadeite Medaillions + chance for the buff)
    3) daily overseer quest (Jadeite Medailions + chance for Mecenary)

I know no way to get Ergott for luck.

[IMG]
  19. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Oof. That's.... big.
    Beee likes this.
  20. Akada Member

@beee is this picture a fake or actually on beta a revamp of this mount?
    If this is working as indeed then stats are boosting next addon easily to 300k.
    What a freaky .... !!!
    And most of the people think they will do then much more dps. But most of them do not know, that their dps will be zero (0 !!!) when you have only 230k pot at a raidboss. So the gear mill will start again with doing solo, heroic, expert heroic and then easy raid and then challenge raid. Doing zones solo and then in heroic is boring enough, but then also in raid and expert and challenge and superior challenge and mythic raid is f.... boring.